Fly Tipping Problems

Not surprised at all. Last year had an entire skip and it's contents left at the bottom of my road.

Have you reported the trailer? http://www.fixmystreet.com

Yes I have cant believe someone would dump a whole trailer

its just awful - we’ve had all sorts of bits dumped on a few of our sites and it’s just a complete pain in the neck getting it cleared! :(

Posts have been removed for pointing fingers are certain groups of people. Also the lack of respect for woman has been removed. Along with any post quoting the offender.

You ain't seen nothing until you see the disgrace at Jordanthorpe! I wonder about the sort of people who just take stuff and see the skips are full and dump anyway. Why not take to Blackstock Road?

There was one on the TV recently. An artic trailer overloaded with rubbish was left in a layby on a busy main road. Trailer was stolen add no way of tracing the culprits.

Think I have seen it all now... There is a full trailer, yes trailer, full of rubbish been left at the end of Edge lane S6 Its been there all day sofa mattress the lot It really beggars belief Do you think they can DNA it to find the culprit???

:rant:

Have you inspected the mattress for suitable stains? If the DNA matches that of your suspect then bingo! You do have a suspect don't you?

Have you inspected the mattress for suitable stains? If the DNA matches that of your suspect then bingo! You do have a suspect don't you?

I always dreamed of becoming a detective. Rather wished all that rubbish be processed properly, show these fly tippers how to appreciate the environment.

I once found a bag of household crap fly tipped near lowoods club at deepcar inside was an insurance quote for a house on Armitage rd. deepcar I rang the police and gave them the details they rang back two days later saying they could not prove the bloke dumped it.The council took a full week to remove it and I gave them the number of a street light as a guide.

I once found a bag of household crap fly tipped near lowoods club at deepcar inside was an insurance quote for a house on Armitage rd. deepcar I rang the police and gave them the details they rang back two days later saying they could not prove the bloke dumped it.The council took a full week to remove it and I gave them the number of a street light as a guide.

There is a specific way of recording fly tipping which has an identifiable culprit. You need to photograph every step of the way, including framing shots and any identifying paperwork, in situ and in close up.

Then send details of where it is and the info you have to environmental services at the Town Hall.

Fly tippers in Stannington have been identified and fined on many occasions.

I despair of the police, it presumably wasn’t a “ sexy’ enough case for them

---------- Post added 27-10-2017 at 06:18 ----------

Fly tipping was discussed in Parliament yesterday. It was in relation to fly tipping on farmers land and seemed to be of concern to Tory MPs. It took a Labour MP to point out that flytipping was a blight on the whole countryside.

The “debate” bits I saw anyway, didn’t give rise to any optimism any time soon. Apparently Councils already have power to address the problem,talked about increasing fines. They also talked about increasing fines for people dropping litter out of cars, all well and good but doesn’t address the bigger problem.

I see the mods have removed messages identifying culprits, didn’t see them myself so can’t comment.

---------- Post added 27-10-2017 at 06:19 ----------

There is a specific way of recording fly tipping which has an identifiable culprit. You need to photograph every step of the way, including framing shots and any identifying paperwork, in situ and in close up.

Then send details of where it is and the info you have to environmental services at the Town Hall.

Fly tippers in Stannington have been identified and fined on many occasions.

Who has time to do this ?

I now wonder if it had been stolen as I cant imagine why anyone would get rid of a large trailer arnt they expensive?

Who has time to do this ?

People who care about their environment and neighbourhood, obviously.