Fly Tipping Problems

25 minutes ago, max said:

It's never been easier for rubbish to disposed of properly. As Bargepole says, if it's domestic waste and you can get to a recycling centre it's free. If you haven't transport or it's business waste then pay a duly accredited contractor to dispose of it.

Where's the difficulty?

Three things.

1) Coz it's Sheffield and we want it cheap. And by cheap, cash in hand to a man with a van. No questions asked.

2) BUT I did read an article where organised crime had got into waste disposal, and look legit.

3) Tips are starting to get a bit fussy on what they take, worse in some parts of the country than others.

1 hour ago, tinfoilhat said:

Three things.

1) Coz it's Sheffield and we want it cheap. And by cheap, cash in hand to a man with a van. No questions asked.

2) BUT I did read an article where organised crime had got into waste disposal, and look legit.

3) Tips are starting to get a bit fussy on what they take, worse in some parts of the country than others.

Saw the Look North report last week.  Some cheeky <removed> are now legally renting out large warehouses, paying rent for a few months, filling the places with rubbish then scarpering. 

Legit companies will be registered to take away rubbish & dispose of it correctly.  They can be checked out on the appropriate register. 

Try: https://environment.data.gov.uk/public-register/view/index

Edited by nikki-red

1 hour ago, max said:

It's never been easier for rubbish to disposed of properly. As Bargepole says, if it's domestic waste and you can get to a recycling centre it's free. If you haven't transport or it's business waste then pay a duly accredited contractor to dispose of it.

Where's the difficultly?

Personally I haven’t found it too difficult getting rid of stuff via the council facilities which is why it I find it so disgusting that someone can go to the trouble of driving up a country lane and spoil the environment dumping a load of rubbish that could have been driven to the tip. But the rubbish still gets fly ripped for the reasons stated by tinfoilhat.  

Parked up at the car park on Rails Rd, Rivelin yesterday, was amazed at the amount of stuff that had been fly tipped down the bank, old sofas and stuff, yet there are 2 local tips in a short distance...:rant:

On 17/02/2020 at 10:13, redruby said:

I was disgusted this morning to see a load of rubbish fly tipped, near the boundary to the Peak District. I can’t even begin to comprehend how anyone thinks it’s ok to dump rubbish in a beautiful place like this. I would like to see it dumped inside their house, maybe that is the only way they could start to understand how ignorant this is. But, it does make me wonder if it should be easier for rubbish to properly disposed of (ideally recycled)?  

Saw two dumps of computer equipment in the woods near Hagg Lane this week :(

Have reported it to council, who say Amey will take a look. Given there were boxes with names on and hard disks left in the computers I hope they can catch the owners!

On 18/06/2018 at 12:07, hicksy3 said:

I have reported Swinton Street on fixmystreet.com

any luck? I reported 2 cases. Within 24 hours both were closed by Amey as "Your reported fault has been assessed and no further action is required at this time." 

I use Love Clean Streets app to report fly tipping and it usually gets cleared quickly.

Guest makapaka
On 05/03/2020 at 11:00, nightrider said:

Saw two dumps of computer equipment in the woods near Hagg Lane this week :(

Have reported it to council, who say Amey will take a look. Given there were boxes with names on and hard disks left in the computers I hope they can catch the owners!

Me too.

cleared all sorts of rubbish of my allotment thrown by selfish idiots.

really annoys me cos it’s so unnecessary - drive ten minutes up road to the tip inconsiderate sods.

On 06/03/2020 at 19:35, max said:

I use Love Clean Streets app to report fly tipping and it usually gets cleared quickly.

I reported some rubbish outside a house on a street in S11. It was gone in 3 days.

I don't know if they spoke to the resident where the building  rubbish had, obviously, come from.

Somebody had a garage clear out of plastic kids toys and car tyres and thought they would dump them in the car park off Long Lane as you enter Wadsley Common.

Cretins!

On 15/03/2020 at 12:40, RJRB said:

Somebody had a garage clear out of plastic kids toys and car tyres and thought they would dump them in the car park off Long Lane as you enter Wadsley Common.

Cretins!

Now all cleared up.

Thanks to those who spend their time clearing up after the lowlifes.

Fly tipping ,sheffield council as already been said have only themselves to blame for the explosion of fly tipping ,yes its wrong and unsightly ,

but if the council thought it thru properly and work with the people of Sheffield, not against us  ,open the dump sites seven days a week with proper working hours so one and all can access the sites from say 0830 in the morning not 1000 and stay open until 1900 not 0430 then perhaps the fly tipping would not be as bad