Leeds v Blades - Friday night

Well I think it’s safe to say we’ll have avoided relegation which would have been enough for some Blades,

as I write QPR take the lead against Wulffs

Pre-season, as I wrote at the time, my main aim was not to be hanging around the relegation positions, it took long enough to get out of mickey-mouse, and don't want to be there again. Decent results against weds and a mid-table would have been great result.

I think now unless absolute disaster, we're gonna be safe this season, and to me anything is a bonus now.

Amazing how things turn around, weds fans probably would have taken play offs again but realistically to go up in top 2. I wouldn't have even mentioned us in the play offs, but could even be a possibility now!

No pressure at all on us in this form I don't think. We're going to have some slips I reckon and weds only need a few wins in a row to be back up there, it's still very tight as no one is running away with it.

Funny old game is right! Sunderland and Middlesborough have surprised me, but I think some of the teams will probably get their act together. This league this season is as open as I've ever seen this division.

What a result last night, I would have deffo taken a point pre-match.

Was it only me that saw 2 poor teams with United slightly the better?

We were not firing on all cylinders, but still had enough to win Speedo.

Are you looking forward to the return leg for your boys at Bramall Lane?, not too far away now eh? :hihi:

Was it only me that saw 2 poor teams with United slightly the better?

after today that will be four poor teams you will have seen but only one with max points

We were not firing on all cylinders, but still had enough to win Speedo.

Are you looking forward to the return leg for your boys at Bramall Lane?, not too far away now eh? :hihi:

Or 'The day the bounce returns' as we are calling it :hihi::hihi:

I'd agree that we weren't our best Speedy, but at times we looked class.

But if you can not be your best and get points away from home at a promtion contender, then you have to be happy.

Duffy rolling back the years and making it look like he is still in his 20's, not a player nearing retirement.

He has been class this season and has surprised me no end, as I had wrote him off as a Championship player.

What a day of results to top it all off too, with many promotion chasing teams dropping points.

Wolves losing

Cardiff drawing

Fulham drawing

PNE losing

Norwich losing

And our mid-table neighbours drawing with a poor Barnsley side at home.

What a weekend for my boys 1st birthday.

He literrally doesn't know disappointment as a Blade so far, but there's many years to get that feeling.

Or 'The day the bounce returns' as we are calling it :hihi::hihi:

So is the bounce out for the time being, suspended so to speak, a sort of post traumatic stress disorder ?

So is the bounce out for the time being, suspended so to speak, a sort of post traumatic stress disorder ?

Will they ever bounce again? can only bring back one memory now, Duffy and the BDM!

Leeds 1 - The team who will struggle in the big bad Championship 2.

SUFC - The talk of Championship.

Theres a very good chance we might stay up !

Leeds 1 - The team who will struggle in the big bad Championship 2.

SUFC - The talk of Championship.

Theres a very good chance we might stay up !

There are only two teams around here who are going to struggle in the championship and they played each other on Saturday.On a brighter note for our friends at Sheff 6 their 10 million pound man finally hit the back of the net but it was disallowed which is fortunate for them because it was his own net but as they say practice makes perfect.:hihi::hihi::P

---------- Post added 29-10-2017 at 13:25 ----------

There are only two teams around here who are going to struggle in the championship and they played each other on Saturday.On a brighter note for our friends at Sheff 6 their 10 million pound man finally hit the back of the net but it was disallowed which is fortunate for them because it was his own net but as they say practice makes perfect.:hihi::hihi::P

I thought the comedy club was in the Ponds forge complex have they moved it?

Taken from "Roy's View From" Blog, the views of Leeds fans after the game, on their own forum.

“SU deserve the win. Fair play they are going up I reckon.”

“I genuinely think they might win the league. Togetherness and understanding with a well drilled side experienced in English football will get you a long way.”

“They’ll definitely go close to automatic promotion”

“we were ****e but credit where credits due Sheff Utd were class, wanted it more”

“Every time Sheff Utd had the ball, they were at the other end of the pitch attacking in ten seconds. Takes us about ten minutes”

“Sheff Utd look a good side to be fair.”

“that saiz goal goes in we all are happy, sheff Utd a quality team and will be up there”

“Sheff Utd bettered us in every aspect tonight. Saiz aside our recruitment has been pretty poor! Sheff Utd look a good side”

“League table doesn’t lie, Sheff Utd are best team we’ve played this season. Brooke’s looks a real talent” “Beaten by the better side tonight”

“Let’s be honest this is a really good Sheff Utd side”

“their british players wanted it more than our continentals on the night,something to be said you know about the bulldog spirit,but on the brightside a long way to go yet,although a gap is now emerging”

“Atrocious. It was men against boys.”

“Thought we should’ve won that. First half we poor, but second half it was all us, they had one chance. First half only Saiz, Lonergan and O’Kane were up for it, no point putting in the performance we did last week then sit off.”

“is that a wind up?

How many clear cut chances did we create then?

They battered us………..fully deserved win and should have been a bigger margin. Only Saiz and Lonergan kept them at bay.”

“What chances did they create? The Sharp one on one was bad defending from us. Yes they had, more shots on target but they were straight at Lonergan mostly. He made a good save from Sharp that was straight at him, but you could counter that with Saiz hitting the bar. First half we were dreadful, but second half we were clearly dominant. I can’t remember them even having a shot before they scored the second.”

“Sheff U were average second half can’t remember them having a shot before they scored” “The Blades had a few good spells without really reaching any great heights through the match, but they were the better team.”

“not a lot of quality from either side…..looked more like a mid-table division 1 derby…”

“Sheff Utd have some bang average players. Top of the league because they’ve experience of how to win. Not always about flair, it’s brains”

“Disppointed. If we can’t beat the likes of Shefff Utd at home who have just come up to the Championship then for me it doesn’t bode well for the rest of the season.”

“Saiz very unlucky when he hit the post during our best spell…..that goes in and I think we go on and win, fine margins Still don’t think out of that lot and Cardiff I’ve seen two teams destined for the PL by the end of the season.”

“I honestly don’t think sheff Utd will go up they’re nothing special just 5 at the back **** stains”

“They weren’t good by their own admission. We beat ourselves yet again.”

“Lasogga? Jesus, at times its like having Viduka back. At others its like having Brain Deane back. No aggression, no fight, no work rate, no movement, no attempts on goal.”

“Fair play to Sheff United fans.. Turned up in numbers and actually made some noise, best fans at ER for many years”

“Sheff Utd best team at Elland road in a while. Best fans too, fairly beaten. Brooks is a baller” “They actually were the best that have come in a long time. Need a few more chants though”

“they were good and their fans were brilliant. Best of luck to them”

Taken from "Roy's View From" Blog, the views of Leeds fans after the game, on their own forum.

“SU deserve the win. Fair play they are going up I reckon.”

“I genuinely think they might win the league. Togetherness and understanding with a well drilled side experienced in English football will get you a long way.”

“They’ll definitely go close to automatic promotion”

“we were ****e but credit where credits due Sheff Utd were class, wanted it more”

“Every time Sheff Utd had the ball, they were at the other end of the pitch attacking in ten seconds. Takes us about ten minutes”

“Sheff Utd look a good side to be fair.”

“that saiz goal goes in we all are happy, sheff Utd a quality team and will be up there”

“Sheff Utd bettered us in every aspect tonight. Saiz aside our recruitment has been pretty poor! Sheff Utd look a good side”

“League table doesn’t lie, Sheff Utd are best team we’ve played this season. Brooke’s looks a real talent” “Beaten by the better side tonight”

“Let’s be honest this is a really good Sheff Utd side”

“their british players wanted it more than our continentals on the night,something to be said you know about the bulldog spirit,but on the brightside a long way to go yet,although a gap is now emerging”

“Atrocious. It was men against boys.”

“Thought we should’ve won that. First half we poor, but second half it was all us, they had one chance. First half only Saiz, Lonergan and O’Kane were up for it, no point putting in the performance we did last week then sit off.”

“is that a wind up?

How many clear cut chances did we create then?

They battered us………..fully deserved win and should have been a bigger margin. Only Saiz and Lonergan kept them at bay.”

“What chances did they create? The Sharp one on one was bad defending from us. Yes they had, more shots on target but they were straight at Lonergan mostly. He made a good save from Sharp that was straight at him, but you could counter that with Saiz hitting the bar. First half we were dreadful, but second half we were clearly dominant. I can’t remember them even having a shot before they scored the second.”

“Sheff U were average second half can’t remember them having a shot before they scored” “The Blades had a few good spells without really reaching any great heights through the match, but they were the better team.”

“not a lot of quality from either side…..looked more like a mid-table division 1 derby…”

“Sheff Utd have some bang average players. Top of the league because they’ve experience of how to win. Not always about flair, it’s brains”

“Disppointed. If we can’t beat the likes of Shefff Utd at home who have just come up to the Championship then for me it doesn’t bode well for the rest of the season.”

“Saiz very unlucky when he hit the post during our best spell…..that goes in and I think we go on and win, fine margins Still don’t think out of that lot and Cardiff I’ve seen two teams destined for the PL by the end of the season.”

“I honestly don’t think sheff Utd will go up they’re nothing special just 5 at the back **** stains”

“They weren’t good by their own admission. We beat ourselves yet again.”

“Lasogga? Jesus, at times its like having Viduka back. At others its like having Brain Deane back. No aggression, no fight, no work rate, no movement, no attempts on goal.”

“Fair play to Sheff United fans.. Turned up in numbers and actually made some noise, best fans at ER for many years”

“Sheff Utd best team at Elland road in a while. Best fans too, fairly beaten. Brooks is a baller” “They actually were the best that have come in a long time. Need a few more chants though”

“they were good and their fans were brilliant. Best of luck to them”

Thanks mate for these write ups from opposition fans that make their comments without prejudice .Always a good read

Thanks mate for these write ups from opposition fans that make their comments without prejudice .Always a good read

I wonder if Middlesbrough and Norwich fans write nice things about you.