Buying in a shop or Online shopping, which do you prefer?

Normally I prefer to buy stuff straight from the shop, so I have the product there and then and paid for. However, I do order stuff occasionally if I have no luck elsewhere.

Normally I prefer to buy stuff straight from the shop, so I have the product there and then and paid for. However, I do order stuff occasionally if I have no luck elsewhere.

Always from a shop especially clothes or shoes as you need to try them on.

There’s a newish verb ‘showrooming’ in which one goes into a shop, find all the details of a product etc, then buy it on line.

It was responsible for there now being hardly any camera shops for instance.

There are few things in life I really dislike, but shopping is one of them (another is The Archers)

Always from a shop especially clothes or shoes as you need to try them on.

I definitely agree with that. I bought a dress once, and when it came, it was all cheap looking and nasty.

Online. By a mile. Actually to the point I'd rather order online and pay delivery than drag my self up eccleshall road on a Saturday afternoon.

Online for the items that are bought on price, its good to be able to compare the items, best on energy consumption, most Gb, fastest CPU Hz .... etc

I have often bought stuff on line as the item is not available from a shop.

However, clothes and shoes I buy from the high street as I'm a difficult size and need to try items on for a decent fit

I don't try stuff in shop and then order on line.

Probably about half and half, there are brands of clothes and shoes I'm happy to buy online because I know they'll fit and others I'd rather try on. It's a faff returning stuff you've bought online. I'm also less likely to waste money buying online because I go straight for the things I need whereas in shops I can get distracted by desirable things I didn't know I wanted.

Not sure about prefer but the vast majority of stuff I've bought recently has been online only

I went in Schott-Glasgow tried on a pair of boots £180, liked the style and fit, then went in a coffee shop and online. I found the same boots for £120 and ordered them. Nice saving.

Clothes...I like to go shopping and feel the products.

I prefer to buy pretty much exclusively online with the exception of things like clothes where fit is important and food (although I am sorely tempted by click & collect or home delivery).

I absolutely despise the "shopping experience", expecially at temples to consumption like meadowhall, but even the local independent shops have no attraction for me.

I did buy some chocolates a while back online, and when they eventually arrived 5 out of 12 were smashed.:(