Pigeons on The Moor

The other week when I saw a dead one it made me a little sad.

aw bless, is that because your cat killed it ?

aw bless, is that because your cat killed it ?

Arn't you hilarious. Besides, I don't have a cat anymore.

I feel sorry for pigeons, they get such a bad rep. The other week when I saw a dead one it made me a little sad.

its a well known fact, you dont see dead pigeons?

What do you suppose it was then? Definitely looked like one.

You do when thy are in a bowl of gravy and have been braising all afternoon. I often came home from school to a plate of chips and bits of pigeon in gravy all over the chips, delicious. Mind you they were not your run of the mill "townies". They were pure bred racing pigeons who had reached their final destination a bit on the late side to win a prize, so into the pot they went. :thumbsup:

---------- Post added 29-10-2017 at 04:39 ----------

Defecating pigeons on the Moor has been an unresolved problem that has lingered for years.

An SCC spokesman said "no official complaints had been received about pigeons in the area."

What I find quite outstanding is that nothing ever gets sorted unless it makes the local press.

Does anyone from our local council ever go on walkabouts in search of things that could be improved or fixed? Does that even exist as job description?

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/pigeons-on-the-moor-becoming-an-infestation-sheffield-shoppers-say-1-8818519

In the old days you learned to never look up in areas like Fitzalan Square, or Fargate lol. Of course you would get the old shout out "oh look a dead bird" and of course, then everyone would look up.:D