Jared Omara MP ..

nikki-red

We understand that this is an emotive subject, and discussing the facts is totally fine.
Posting insults is not.
Jared is local to us, and could well be a member of the forum, we dont allow name calling and insults on other threads and they arent acceptable on this one either.

Message added by nikki-red

Not a chance in hell, now he's an Independent.

Let's be honest. If you dressed a monkey in a nun's habit and stuck it on a unicycle, Sheffield would vote for it so long as it said 'Labour Party' on the ballot paper.

That’s novel.

I’ve been told that South Yorkshire folk would vote for a donkey wearing a red rosette . . . and Hallam constituency did just that :hihi:

Yes Exactly.

Hallam was famous for not voting for Labour until Nick Clegg came along.

They did vote labour then, Clegg stood for the Lib Dems.

They did vote labour then, Clegg stood for the Lib Dems.

Hallam resident here. As I understand it there was a big swing to the Tories in the last election, but not big enough to get the Tory candidate in. It did however reduce the Lib Dem vote sufficiently to get Clegg out, the result was that Labour won. So basically Hallam voted Tory and got Labour.

Is 'constituency conmitments' a euphemism for being lazy and going to the pub. https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/sheffield-mp-jared-o-mara-fails-to-vote-on-universal-credit-in-parliament-1-9410830

Looking at the comments there - never answering the phone, doing nothing, not being contactable; is there a point at which he is legally held accountable?

There can't be many jobs where you do NOTHING and get away with it. It appears he's doing absolutely nothing - not even responding to constituents concerns.

Is this legal?

Looking at the comments there - never answering the phone, doing nothing, not being contactable; is there a point at which he is legally held accountable?

There can't be many jobs where you do NOTHING and get away with it. It appears he's doing absolutely nothing - not even responding to constituents concerns.

Is this legal?

I do wonder if there are any more jobs like that where you can do nothing and get away with it?

Hang on hold my beer here's one!

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/home/your-city-council/lord-mayor

Hallam resident here. As I understand it there was a big swing to the Tories in the last election, but not big enough to get the Tory candidate in. It did however reduce the Lib Dem vote sufficiently to get Clegg out, the result was that Labour won. So basically Hallam voted Tory and got Labour.

That makes sense:rolleyes:

hang on.

labour : 21,000

lid-dem : 19,000

conservative : 13,000

by what measure did 'hallam vote tory' ?

Edited by ads36

hang on.

labour : 21,000

lid-dem : 19,000

conservative : 13,000

by what measure did 'hallam vote tory' ?

Previous election

Lib-dem : 22,215

Lab : 19,862

Con : 7,544

Con nearly doubled their vote from previous. partially from Lib dem which gave Labour the win. Some ex LD will have voted Labour as well but the turnout was higher than previous.

---------- Post added 26-10-2018 at 09:31 ----------

So Jared this morning is on the news saying that if there was an election called he may not stand.

Why not just vacate the seat and force a by-election now?

or is the 70K a year too much to resist

it was a political point jared made he made it now vacate as he is not up to the job

I hate politics because of the low life people it attracts. Jared has done an excellent job of trying to stick it out in spite of his Autism. It must be hell at PMQ's, worse than being the only teacher at a primary school.

I hate politics because of the low life people it attracts. Jared has done an excellent job of trying to stick it out in spite of his Autism. It must be hell at PMQ's, worse than being the only teacher at a primary school.

Please feel free to explain why you feel he has done an "excellent job".

He appears to have done absolutely nothing - he didn't even manage to vote on Universal Credit.

I'm intrigued as to what you feel he has been "excellent" at?