Jared Omara MP ..

nikki-red

We understand that this is an emotive subject, and discussing the facts is totally fine.
Posting insults is not.
Jared is local to us, and could well be a member of the forum, we dont allow name calling and insults on other threads and they arent acceptable on this one either.

Message added by nikki-red

Mr Omara MP has autism. Are there any other MP's with the same condition, or does autism mean that been an MP is a step too far. Does Westminster have a duty of care over its occupants when they are there.

Angel1.

Edited by ANGELFIRE1

I didn’t see where he blames Eminem in the article

Can you quote it please?

“I used homophobic words, but they were the words of the time; they were on the Eminem record that I listened to at the time.” He added that the comments were part of an attempt by him to “fit in and not get bullied.”

this apparently influenced his language in using the term "fudge packers, poofters and the term "the marmite motorway to describe anal sex.

Now im no lyricist but a quick scan of Eminem's Curtain call album from 2002 doesn't have any of those words or phrases in it.

Edited by sheffbag

Who was that single reader? I first thought you might mean Jared but he doesn't have either his home or office in Hallam so it must be someone else.

The point was metaphorical, not literal.

---------- Post added 24-10-2018 at 14:47 ----------

“I used homophobic words, but they were the words of the time; they were on the Eminem record that I listened to at the time.” He added that the comments were part of an attempt by him to “fit in and not get bullied.”

this apparently influenced his language in using the term "fudge packers, poofters and the term "the marmite motorway to describe anal sex.

Now im no lyricist but a quick scan of Eminem's Curtain call album from 2002 doesn't have any of those words or phrases in it.

And this is the world we live in, perfectly typified by O'Mara. A world in which it's never our fault . . it's a condition, or it's other people, or it's society.

He would get a lot more respect if he just said: "You know what guys. Let's be honest, I never expected to be elected. I'm not cut out for it. I'm a bit lazy or shy or whatever, and can't really be arsed going to meetings. It's not my thing."

Instead, it has to be autism or he has to blame his homophobia on a bloody rapper. It's craven hypocrisy.

Hope the people of Hallam are not stupid enough to vote him in again, he's just not good enough to be an MP - and that's putting it mildly.

He had the same look on his face when he won as did Boris Johnson and Michael Gove the year before. "Whoops... That wasn't meant to happen"

Hope the people of Hallam are not stupid enough to vote him in again, he's just not good enough to be an MP - and that's putting it mildly.

Not a chance in hell, now he's an Independent.

Let's be honest. If you dressed a monkey in a nun's habit and stuck it on a unicycle, Sheffield would vote for it so long as it said 'Labour Party' on the ballot paper.

...all words Eminem has never used I should add.

It should also be pointed out that millions of people around the world were listening to Eminem at that point, and not saying homophobic nonsense.

Let's be honest. If you dressed a monkey in a nun's habit and stuck it on a unicycle, Sheffield would vote for it so long as it said 'Labour Party' on the ballot paper.

odd, we're discussing an MP who overturned a safe Lib-dem seat...

and we could say the same thing about most seats in Britain, just replacing the word 'Labour' with 'Conservative' where applicable - 'safe seats' are not unique to sheffield.

Not a chance in hell, now he's an Independent.

Apart from Hallam.....

Apart from Hallam.....

Yes Exactly.

Hallam was famous for not voting for Labour until Nick Clegg came along.