Jared Omara MP ..

nikki-red

We understand that this is an emotive subject, and discussing the facts is totally fine.
Posting insults is not.
Jared is local to us, and could well be a member of the forum, we dont allow name calling and insults on other threads and they arent acceptable on this one either.

Message added by nikki-red

I've known him fairly well over the years. He's all the bad things people say about him and worse.

He's a nasty nightclub bouncer who has fluked his way into a cushty job he can't get sacked from for 5 years, effectively thieving our taxes.

Hang on, an autistic, celerabal palsy sufferer was a nightclub bouncer, I’m not desputing what you posted, but can you please elaborate? :confused:

I have no idea what you're on about. Say Hi to Jared for us!

Never met the man.

But then i dont have a hidden agenda Paula.

Is your middle name Nick ?

Never met the man.

But then i dont have a hidden agenda Paula.

Is your middle name Nick ?

You've said goodbye twice......

What would my 'hidden agenda' be exactly?

I can't see why any political party would consider him a threat - he's a disgraced, useless MP with no party. His chances of getting another term are about as strong as a chocolate teapot! He's just seeing the term out and pocketing the money, before Hallam goes back to either Lib Dem or Labour.

Conspiracy theories, 'fake news' - I really am in Trump land!

You've said goodbye twice......

What would my 'hidden agenda' be exactly?

I can't see why any political party would consider him a threat - he's a disgraced, useless MP with no party. His chances of getting another term are about as strong as a chocolate teapot! He's just seeing the term out and pocketing the money, before Hallam goes back to either Lib Dem or Labour.

Conspiracy theories, 'fake news' - I really am in Trump land!

Think you are love - in more ways than one.

Cheerio Nick x

Think you are love - in more ways than one.

Cheerio Nick x

"Do you believe everything you are fed?" Still chuckling at that one.

Keep fighting that pesky 'Mainstream Media'. It's thanks to them everyone believes the world is round, and people believe facts and figures, rather than the good old fashioned "he was nice to me, so he can't possibly be not nice" attitude that would serve us so well.

Next up: Johnathon Aitkin didn't tell lies as he helped me once with my shopping, and anyone that thinks is he did only does so because they believe 'internet hype' and are 'prejudiced'.......

Enjoy your evening Nick

Edited by Daven

Hang on, an autistic, celerabal palsy sufferer was a nightclub bouncer, I’m not desputing what you posted, but can you please elaborate? :confused:

He worked on the door and DJ-ed at West Street Live for years.

Most of his reputation for misogyny and homophobia come from his widely-observed behaviour in that role, not his internet hate spiel.

This isn't a slur on WSL by the way - which (in my opinion) is otherwise a nice family business

Here's a news story about it anyway: https://www.shefnews.co.uk/2017/10/31/sophie-evans-west-street-live-knew-what-jared-o-mara-was-like/

Edited by Dan_Ashcroft

And he has done - with dignity.

What.. If he wanted to do the dignified thing then he would have stepped down as an MP.

---------- Post added 25-07-2018 at 17:20 ----------

Why do you think he didn't ?

I didn't say that he didn't and was asking a question. ;)

But, it seems like you must agree with his past crass comments to be such a fanboy.

Everyone deserves a second chance.

Have you never done anything in the past that you regretted ?

Unfortunately for Jared politicians very rarely get second chances in the modern era. Just ask Nick Clegg or Tony Blair how much political capital they have after a misstep.

Time to stop the mouth frothing, stand back and see how he performs.

If it all goes pear shaped then I'm sure you will be the first on here to say 'I told you so'.

But meanwhile - allow him to get on with it and see how he performs.

His speech was not 'truely awful' - this is your prejudice speaking I think.

The Speaker of the House didn't think so.

He has made a good start - now that he has been allowed to.

O'Mara did not speak in the chamber for more than a year after his election, we already know how he's performing.

Unfortunately for Jared politicians very rarely get second chances in the modern era. Just ask Nick Clegg or Tony Blair how much political capital they have after a misstep.

O'Mara did not speak in the chamber for more than a year after his election, we already know how he's performing.

Are you calling the Iraq war a "misstep"?

Guest makapaka

Why can’t people leave him be and give him a chance?

I've known him fairly well over the years. He's all the bad things people say about him and worse.

He's a nasty nightclub bouncer who has fluked his way into a cushty job he can't get sacked from for 5 years, effectively thieving our taxes.

Seems fair. Nice work if you can get it.