Jared Omara MP ..

nikki-red

We understand that this is an emotive subject, and discussing the facts is totally fine.
Posting insults is not.
Jared is local to us, and could well be a member of the forum, we dont allow name calling and insults on other threads and they arent acceptable on this one either.

Message added by nikki-red

His maiden speech.

Claims he feels a strong commitment to the EU.....not so strong as to make him turn out for the last Brexit votes though.

Claims he feels a strong commitment to the EU.....not so strong as to make him turn out for the last Brexit votes though.

Not the only one there was he? Imagine being the leader of a party who has a key policy of delivering a second referendum and not turning up for critical votes?! Come on down Vince Cable!

Not the only one there was he? Imagine being the leader of a party who has a key policy of delivering a second referendum and not turning up for critical votes?! Come on down Vince Cable!

I think the nation is largely unaware of who on earth Vince Cable even is these days!

I think the nation is largely unaware of who on earth Vince Cable even is these days!

Very true - I only reference the Libs Dems as the 'credible alternative' to Labour in Sheffield Hallam.

Very true - I only reference the Libs Dems as the 'credible alternative' to Labour in Sheffield Hallam.

No, that's not necessarily true. The Lib/Dems got in in 1997 on a protest vote against Tory and hung on until last year. The numbers they got included a significant number who voted to keep Labour out - although it backfired. The Tory vote went up 10.2% and Labour rose by 2.6%, the increase for Tories coming from LibDem and UKIP.

It could go any of 3 ways next time, and the candidates and their campaigns will have a lot to do with that. It's quite a fickle constituency due to the nature of the area. The sheer volume of paper sent out by the LibDems may have created an impression that it was a 2 horse race. All 3 will be in with a shout next time.

Ditto.

The irony of people posting insulting messages on an internet forum in opposition to an MP who posted insulting messages on an internet forum is also not lost on me.

That isn't aimed at you by the way.

Let’s remember that when hurling the insults and abuse at politicians of all flavours, both domestic and foreign.

No, that's not necessarily true. The Lib/Dems got in in 1997 on a protest vote against Tory and hung on until last year. The numbers they got included a significant number who voted to keep Labour out - although it backfired. The Tory vote went up 10.2% and Labour rose by 2.6%, the increase for Tories coming from LibDem and UKIP.

It could go any of 3 ways next time, and the candidates and their campaigns will have a lot to do with that. It's quite a fickle constituency due to the nature of the area. The sheer volume of paper sent out by the LibDems may have created an impression that it was a 2 horse race. All 3 will be in with a shout next time.

That's five elections and +20 years since the Tories have been in though isn't it? Was there someone after Patnick or was he last Conservative incumbent of the seat?

Speaker of the House didn't think so. Is he an idiot for commending the 'incoherent ramblings of an idiot'?

He praised it for being short. Well-educated MPs usually use it as an excuse for a bit of grandstanding and showcasing of their eloquent rhetoric

Edited by Dan_Ashcroft

He praised it for being short. Well-educated MPs usually use it as an excuse for a big of grandstanding and showcasing of their eloquent rhetoric

Can you be succinct and ramble?

No it wasn’t.

Have you read it? It was like a 7 year old doing a talk to their class

"I'm from Sheffield. Kyle Walker, you know the good footballer, is from my constituency (actually he's not, he's from Sharrow, which isn't in Hallam). We also have blades and owls. And even some brown people too, though they are usually only rich ones like doctors and university lecturers"

"I'm from Sheffield. Kyle Walker, you know the good footballer, is from my constituency (actually he's not, he's from Sharrow, which isn't in Hallam). We also have blades and owls. And even some brown people too, though they are usually only rich ones like doctors and university lecturers"

....and he never, EVER, misses a chance to tell us about his disabilities. I find that odd, as the disabled people I know never mention it, and don't want to mention it as they don't like to be thought of as any different from anyone else.

Guest makapaka
....and he never, EVER, misses a chance to tell us about his disabilities. I find that odd, as the disabled people I know never mention it, and don't want to mention it as they don't like to be thought of as any different from anyone else.

Yeah you never hear any stories on the tv about disabled people achieving things do you......

---------- Post added 25-07-2018 at 16:00 ----------

It was his maiden speech he’s not supposed to change the world with it.