Jared Omara MP ..

nikki-red

We understand that this is an emotive subject, and discussing the facts is totally fine.
Posting insults is not.
Jared is local to us, and could well be a member of the forum, we dont allow name calling and insults on other threads and they arent acceptable on this one either.

Message added by nikki-red

Well said. It's time this thread was closed so the lad can try to pick up the pieces of his life and actually do the job he was elected to do. That's without the baying pack acting in every bit as bullying a way as he is accused of acting.

I agree.

The baying pack have got what they wanted so the witch hunt is over - but still they are banging on.

The bullying can end now.

Time for this thread to close I think.

Edited by Daven

I agree.

The baying pack have got what they wanted so the witch hunt is over - but still they are banging on.

The bullying can end now.

Time for this thread to close I think.

I'm sure the forum moderators will take care of any bullying. I don't see any in this thread though, just valid criticism of a public servant.

He still doesn't seem to actually be doing anything much. He missed the crucial Brexit vote last night. A year after being elected he still hasn't actually spoken in parliament.

He's supposed to represent his constituents but he is letting us down. Putting aside his mysogynistic and homophobic comments, he just doesn't seem like he's right for the job. Hopefully he will also see this and offer his resignation soon.

I'm sure the forum moderators will take care of any bullying. I don't see any in this thread though, just valid criticism of a public servant.

He still doesn't seem to actually be doing anything much. He missed the crucial Brexit vote last night. A year after being elected he still hasn't actually spoken in parliament.

He's supposed to represent his constituents but he is letting us down. Putting aside his mysogynistic and homophobic comments, he just doesn't seem like he's right for the job. Hopefully he will also see this and offer his resignation soon.

Absolutely. I've not read any bullying - apart from that issued from the mouth of Mr O'Mara of course.

We pay this mans hefty wages - we're entitled to expect and demand better. He's done nothing for his term of MP - not even managed to make his maiden speech, which is shameful.

Can't be many jobs where you can do absolutely nothing and get away with it.....

He's supposed to represent his constituents but he is letting us down.

How can he honestly represent his constituents fairly. His constituents voted him in on a Labour mandate and now he has become an Independent. That itself shows where his interests lie.

They still voted for him specifically though

They still voted for him specifically though

Did they vote for him or for Labour? If someone else had stood for Labour would they have got elected?

Probably, but thats the risk you take when you vote for the party not for the person.

It's not like an MP quitting their party is a new thing

It's not like an MP quitting their party is a new thing

That's not really the point though. An MP is voted in on a party political basis and the voters vote them in because of that. They do not vote specifically for a person but a representative of said party who is their sponsored candidate. The fact that an elected MP can then suddenly abandon that needs changing as it makes a mockery of democracy.

Whatever loophole is in place by Parliament that allows this to happen needs changing. The correct thing should be for the MP to resign as an MP and a by-election held.

That's not really the point though. An MP is voted in on a party political basis and the voters vote them in because of that. They do not vote specifically for a person but a representative of said party who is their sponsored candidate. The fact that an elected MP can then suddenly abandon that needs changing as it makes a mockery of democracy.

Whatever loophole is in place by Parliament that allows this to happen needs changing. The correct thing should be for the MP to resign as an MP and a by-election held.

Well said!

If this man had any decency, or balls, he'd give Hallam a chance to decide given the current situation .... and he'd go up in my estimation were he to do this .... but sadly I fear there's more chance of a pig in flight.

He wasn't elected to represent his party - he was elected to represent his constituents.

---------- Post added 17-07-2018 at 20:50 ----------

Well said!

If this man had any decency, or balls, he'd give Hallam a chance to decide given the current situation .... and he'd go up in my estimation were he to do this .... but sadly I fear there's more chance of a pig in flight.

Hallam already had a chance to decide and it decided to elect somebody incapable of doing the job.

He wasn't elected to represent his party - he was elected to represent his constituents.

I didn't say he was elected solely to represent his party. He was sponsored and paid for to be a representative of the Labour party first and the voters voted for him on that basis. As an elected Labour representative in Parliament and a member of the Labour party he was also bound by the party whip. That means he votes the way the party wants without regard to his constituents wishes.

If its about representing just constituents then why do we have voting on party political lines?

If its about representing just constituents then why do we have voting on party political lines?

Because we’d vote for a donkey with a red rosette, that’s why :hihi: