Jared Omara MP ..

nikki-red

We understand that this is an emotive subject, and discussing the facts is totally fine.
Posting insults is not.
Jared is local to us, and could well be a member of the forum, we dont allow name calling and insults on other threads and they arent acceptable on this one either.

Message added by nikki-red

Is Laura Gordon a LibDem MP, or just a wannabee LibDem MP.

Angel1.

How many charities did she work for?

Any job for either of those 2 charities can be described as humanitarian.

Whats 'the international stage'?

Which war zones?

Most countries could be described as 'hit by ebola''

I guess I'm just a cynical old <removed>.

No not cynical as many seem to fall for the "I work for a charity" spiel. What people seem to miss is the fact that these are well paid jobs and the charity bit is in title only. Just because some work for them does not in itself mean that they are themselves charitable.

Edited by nikki-red
masked swearing

It all seems odd somehow, vote LIEbour and get a LibDem supporter.

Think that's odd? Last time Hallam voted Lib Dem, they got a Tory :)

No not cynical as many seem to fall for the "I work for a charity" spiel. What people seem to miss is the fact that these are well paid jobs and the charity bit is in title only. Just because some work for them does not in itself mean that they are themselves charitable.

Have to agree. I give money to Oxfam and Save the Children so people like Laura can pay her mortgage, but I don't put it on my CV and expect to be better thought of. The idea that somebody who works for charity is more caring is ridiculous. Doctors, nurses and social workers pull the same stunt when they go into politics. Just give us your policies and what you'll do locally for the voters that you'll actually forget once you get on that train to London.

Mind you, it reads better than Jared's "worked in a pub before being elected accidentally"

Have to agree. I give money to Oxfam and Save the Children so people like Laura can pay her mortgage, but I don't put it on my CV and expect to be better thought of. The idea that somebody who works for charity is more caring is ridiculous. Doctors, nurses and social workers pull the same stunt when they go into politics. Just give us your policies and what you'll do locally for the voters that you'll actually forget once you get on that train to London.

Mind you, it reads better than Jared's "worked in a pub before being elected accidentally"

I'm not sure why you're so keen to chastise her over this, you've actually spent more characters discussing her CV than she uses to describe it in her leaflet. The rest of her literature is about policy and the like.

I'm not sure why you're so keen to chastise her over this, you've actually spent more characters discussing her CV than she uses to describe it in her leaflet. The rest of her literature is about policy and the like.

Sorry if it sounded like that, I'm not really chastising her, more continuing the commentary on the pose of charidy work instead of getting stuck into the hard work on behalf of constituents.The actual accidental MP has been a disgrace so far and she should be applauded her for getting stuck in even when not elected.

It's hard to see how O'Mara could gain anyone's confidence to act on their behalf now, especially women.

Your obviously not reading the same 2 sheets, 3 sides, of bumpf as me.

My stuff is as follows:-

4 - critisms of 'Teresa May's Torys'

1 - critism of 'Jeremy Corbyn's Labour Party'

4 - moans about how bad things are.

Loads of stuff about her. Her address. Her husband. Her hobbies. Her C.V. Her fight against poverty and suffering. Her passion to fight inequality. How she wants to remain in Europe.

AND just 1 solid asperation described as her wish 'as our next MP'. Not described as Lib Dem policy'. Which is:-

That the public, not politicians, should have the final say on any Brexit deal - including the option to remain in Europe.

I don't agree with all this personality politics.

Your obviously not reading the same 2 sheets, 3 sides, of bumpf as me.

My stuff is as follows:-

4 - critisms of 'Teresa May's Torys'

1 - critism of 'Jeremy Corbyn's Labour Party'

4 - moans about how bad things are.

Loads of stuff about her. Her address. Her husband. Her hobbies. Her C.V. Her fight against poverty and suffering. Her passion to fight inequality. How she wants to remain in Europe.

AND just 1 solid asperation described as her wish 'as our next MP'. Not described as Lib Dem policy'. Which is:-

That the public, not politicians, should have the final say on any Brexit deal - including the option to remain in Europe.

I don't agree with all this personality politics.

Fair enough, let's try this. You're filling in for the boy Jared (for nowt) you've got 2 bits of paper to tell the constituency what Flankers7 deal is.

Go!

Guest makapaka

Opportunism by the Lib Dem’s - sad.

After scaling back his duties on medical advice, and failing to hold any surgeries since been elected last June. Mr Omara MP has announced "a phased return".

I'm pleased to read that Jared O'Mara is slowly returning to fulfil his duties as Hallam MP.

He should apologise for his comments, and then the good people of Hallam can move on from this incident together.

Jared does need to make a public statement. If he thinks he can remain in hiding for several more months, then he's probably not aware the story has gone nuclear, with Tory top-brass giving him their support:

Disgraced Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson backs Jared O'Mara as being the "right man for the job"

Disgraced Prime Minister Theresa May "not impressed" with Jared's comments but must promise not to use them again

Disgraced former Internation Development Secretary-for-hire Priti Patel said Jared is "an experienced and valued voice in education".

So if the Tories are prepared to forgive and forget, then Hallam should forgive the indiscretions of their democratically-elected MP, or they can remain the laughing stock of the entire country. I'm not bothered either way :)

So if the Tories are prepared to forgive and forget, then Hallam should forgive the indiscretions of their democratically-elected MP, or they can remain the laughing stock of the entire country. I'm not bothered either way :)[/color]

Poor effort MM.

Toby Young apologised and was fired by the Tories. He's gone back to setting up high quality schools for underprivileged families. Labour and Jared could do the same, but they won't will they.

Who's the laughing stock now?