Jared Omara MP ..

nikki-red

We understand that this is an emotive subject, and discussing the facts is totally fine.
Posting insults is not.
Jared is local to us, and could well be a member of the forum, we dont allow name calling and insults on other threads and they arent acceptable on this one either.

Message added by nikki-red

In politics they probably are very thin on the ground.

---------- Post added 28-10-2017 at 10:52 ----------

If you want to make a Momentum supporter squirm, ask them why they spent all that time campaigning for Jared O'Mara in Hallam when they could have just as easily gone to North East Derbyshire to try and stop Labour losing the seat to Lee Rowley!

But why would they go and listen to the good people of NE Derbyshire? They've returned a labour mp every election since 1935. It's solid labour. They'll vote labour rain or shine. Labour didn't have to do anything particularly helpful for the constituency in 13 years of a labour government, but still they voted labour.

I hoping both the main parties will show a bit more of an interest next time out.

The last time I saw Jared was at the Dore show. He was judging the best marrow and the loveliest Victoria Sponge.

Maybe he’s mellowed

I'm sure there's a great innuendo in there but I'm no Julian Clary :)

But why would they go and listen to the good people of NE Derbyshire? They've returned a labour mp every election since 1935. It's solid labour. They'll vote labour rain or shine. Labour didn't have to do anything particularly helpful for the constituency in 13 years of a labour government, but still they voted labour.

I hoping both the main parties will show a bit more of an interest next time out.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_East_Derbyshire_(UK_Parliament_constituency))

Not solid Labour now. A good MP, Natascha Engel, lost to the Tories, possibly the result of the openly pro-fracking stand she made against her party policy, losing just enough votes to sway things, while the Tory went the other way against his party to come out against fracking.

Anyway, here in Hallam we've just received a very early Tory leaflet through the door for the upcoming (May 2018!) council elections, front page featuring "A message from Hallam Candidate Ian Walker" Can't see the name/s of any council candidates, but some pictures of smiling younger people.

Edited by 1978

I’m sure I saw him walking in Malinda Bridge this morning with a dog. If it wasn’t him he has a double !

Really? What hole do you drink in?

you will hear worse than that in any boozer. you cant get out much old boy.

Since you appear not to have a Scooby Doo what's going on, let me elaborate.

North East Derbyshire now has a Conservative MP. A chap by the name of Lee Rowley. Labour lost the seat thanks in no small part to a lacklustre local campaign. And it is worth noting at this point that Momentum appeared not to be campaigning very much at all in North East Derbyshire, and the outgoing Labour MP was not at all aligned with them. In fact Natascha Engel seemed at times to go out of her way to alienate people.

Lifelong labour supporter and I voted for him. Sadly he has to go I’m afraid, the delight of a Labour MP in Hallam which would have been nothing but a fantasy for many years has been tainted by his deplorable views and comments.

Lifelong labour supporter and I voted for him. Sadly he has to go I’m afraid, the delight of a Labour MP in Hallam which would have been nothing but a fantasy for many years has been tainted by his deplorable views and comments.

I agree, nothing heard from him about his intentions, suspect he'll keep collecting his MP,s salary for as long as he can. A complete disgrace.

just found out 'Comrade Delta'(goggle it is you have never heard of him) is back on the SWP Central Committee, shameful, he did much much worse than O' Mara.

Since you appear not to have a Scooby Doo what's going on, let me elaborate.

North East Derbyshire now has a Conservative MP. A chap by the name of Lee Rowley. Labour lost the seat thanks in no small part to a lacklustre local campaign. And it is worth noting at this point that Momentum appeared not to be campaigning very much at all in North East Derbyshire, and the outgoing Labour MP was not at all aligned with them. In fact Natascha Engel seemed at times to go out of her way to alienate people.

I know a tory was elected. I know it was a lack lustre campaign. Did you not get that from my post where i said Labour didnt need to make any effort?

EDIT - I actually missed the line of "until they voted tory" right at the end.

My bad.

EDIT EDIT - Engel seemed to try and get on the front of the Eckington leader week in week out until was caught in the expenses thing. She pulled the "I didnt do anything wrong line" and was much quieter after that - mind you I havent had a Leader delivered for years. Didnt like her, thought she was rubbish. Her predecessor I dealt with briefly and thought he was OK. Rowley is a local boy which made a change.

Edited by tinfoilhat

you will hear worse than that in any boozer. you cant get out much old boy.

This is a bizarre justification. ”The pubs I go to are full of awful people, therefore being an awful person is fine.”

Sort out your circle of friends mate, they’re leading you astray.

This is a bizarre justification. ”The pubs I go to are full of awful people, therefore being an awful person is fine.”

Sort out your circle of friends mate, they’re leading you astray.

Oh, I think he fits in very well with such people