Jared Omara MP ..

nikki-red

We understand that this is an emotive subject, and discussing the facts is totally fine.
Posting insults is not.
Jared is local to us, and could well be a member of the forum, we dont allow name calling and insults on other threads and they arent acceptable on this one either.

Message added by nikki-red

Let’s face it. He will have absolutely zero credibility within the House of Commons so doing nothing for the constituents of Hallam.

Bit like the previous MP

Bit like the previous MP

:hihi: Cleggy got ruffed by the Bullingdon club boys

He must be alright after all. :)

Talks sense sometimes.

I am amazed this thread has not been closed.

Why ?.............

---------- Post added 27-10-2017 at 20:10 ----------

No mention of marrows, I notice.

He’d get a three day ban from here for saying that:D

Hardly worth the press coverage he has received .You hear far worse down the boozer .

Edited by Penistone999

He has said no worse than what any other 22 year old said. The only difference is that he became an MP when social media was already around 20 years old. It probably never crossed his mind that he'd one day become an MP back in the days when he was 22. So Sarah Harding of Girls Aloud complained. So what? They appeared in lads mags and it certainly helped with their careers. I'm pretty sure most 22 year olds would have dreamed about going out with the girls of Girls Aloud 14 or 15 years ago. It has been part of pop for over 50 years dating back to 1963 or thereabouts. Plenty of 22 year olds would have wanted to go out with the Ronettes, Supremes, Shangri Las or any other attractive girl group or soloist etc back in the 60s or 70s, and the likes of Kim Wilde back in the 1980s, or Nicole Scherzinger or the Saturdays in the 2000s. He was 22 then. What were many other MPs doing when they were 22 year olds? He didn't spend billions of pounds crushing ordinary people a la Thatcher, nor was he seen with a pigs head. He didn't smash up restaurants or burn £50 notes in front of beggars a la Bullingdon Club. Now had he been a goody two shoes, he'd probably have been slaughtered by the press and media like Ed Miliband, who was branded as a geek, and as a weirdo by the Daily Mail - that same Daily Mail which fawned over Hitler and Mussolini.

Edited by pss60

He has said no worse than what any other 22 year old said. The only difference is that he became an MP when social media was already around 20 years old. It probably never crossed his mind that he'd one day become an MP back in the days when he was 22. So Sarah Harding of Girls Aloud complained. So what? They appeared in lads mags and it certainly helped with their careers. I'm pretty sure most 22 year olds would have dreamed about going out with the girls of Girls Aloud 14 or 15 years ago. It has been part of pop for over 50 years dating back to 1963 or thereabouts. Plenty of 22 year olds would have wanted to go out with the Ronettes, Supremes, Shangri Las or any other attractive girl group or soloist etc back in the 60s or 70s, and the likes of Kim Wilde back in the 1980s, or Nicole Scherzinger or the Saturdays in the 2000s. He was 22 then. What were many other MPs doing when they were 22 year olds? He didn't spend billions of pounds crushing ordinary people a la Thatcher, nor was he seen with a pigs head. He didn't smash up restaurants or burn £50 notes in front of beggars a la Bullingdon Club. Now had he been a goody two shoes, he'd probably have been slaughtered by the press and media like Ed Miliband, who was branded as a geek, and as a weirdo by the Daily Mail - that same Daily Mail which fawned over Hitler and Mussolini.

That isn't true. A lot of people use that argument, but neither I, or any of my friends, would ever use such misogynistic, homophobic or xenophobic language.

We don't think those things, so we wouldn't say them.

That isn't true. A lot of people use that argument, but neither I, or any of my friends, would ever use such misogynistic, homophobic or xenophobic language.

We don't think those things, so we wouldn't say them.

So you were a goody two shoes when you were 22 years old. So was Ed Miliband at that age, and at 32, and at 42, and look at what he had to go through only a few years ago. Slaughtered by the press and media for nothing other than waking up in the morning, and the vast bulk of the electorate lapped it up. People in their 40s, 50s and beyond were 22 in the days before social media, and what they thought as 22 year olds never made it into the spotlight. I suppose in your mind, this will never be time served for as long as he draws breath.

Edited by pss60

Dan Jarvis was up yesterday - parachuted in to get the local party in shape for the by-election.

The Lib Dems have apparently begun their selection process too.

Dan Jarvis was up yesterday - parachuted in to get the local party in shape for the by-election.

The Lib Dems have apparently begun their selection process too.

He's a sitting MP. He hasn't stood down, and unless he does and forces a by-election, or kicks the bucket, there won't be one.

So you were a goody two shoes when you were 22 years old. So was Ed Miliband at that age, and at 32, and at 42, and look at what he had to go through only a few years ago. Slaughtered by the press and media for nothing other than waking up in the morning, and the vast bulk of the electorate lapped it up. People in their 40s, 50s and beyond were 22 in the days before social media, and what they thought as 22 year olds never made it into the spotlight. I suppose in your mind, this will never be time served for as long as he draws breath.

I wasn't a goody two shoes no, just a decent human being. Are they really so thin on the ground?

I wasn't a goody two shoes no, just a decent human being. Are they really so thin on the ground?

If a goody two shoes stands in Labour colours, he gets slaughtered as much as if he were Jack the Ripper.

Ever noticed it's always the fat, ugly, power hungry, folically challenged (number or colour) ones who are accused of this sort of thing? Weiner Steiner, Jarred O'Mara (note to Daily Mail it's my line so pay me if you want to use it when he's put on the shelf to fester), so the odds are it's all true. :hihi:

PS That's not sexist - I never mentioned gender:hihi:

pss60 I think you're missing the point, which is ....it is the fabric of a person, the make-up, the moral fibre, the constancy of same throughout one's life that makes a good upstanding person who we should be able to look up to as our MP, not someone who is a chameleon, who changes attitudes and appearance when it suits them to do so, just to get elected. That is why we should be more selective when selecting MPs in the first place, not just because they live in a certain area, which is how most get chosen in the Labour Party.

And if we really had free speech, as we used to have in this country, everyone could say what they liked, and the jerks would stick out like a sore thumb and we wouldn't vote for them. So the PC merchants shoot themselves in the foot by trying to make everyone behave like they think they ought to behave, that is until really brave people come out of the woodwork use their power of free speech to expose them. It's just the longer way round really, and gets Labour MPs voted in for a short while around important times for the country, resulting in disastrous contempt of democracy.

Edited by Jeddo