Jared Omara MP ..

nikki-red

We understand that this is an emotive subject, and discussing the facts is totally fine.
Posting insults is not.
Jared is local to us, and could well be a member of the forum, we dont allow name calling and insults on other threads and they arent acceptable on this one either.

Message added by nikki-red

55 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

A custodial prison sentence of a year or less—longer sentences automatically disqualify MPs without need for a petition;

Suspension from the House of least 10 sitting days or 14 calendar days, following a report by the Committee on Standards;

A conviction for providing false or misleading expenses claims.

I draw your attention to the last line, would you think not representing his constituents might involve the above. What is he actually doing to receive wages and expenses.

Angel1.

He has not been convicted though.  Don't know how easy it would be to get him on this, but if someone thinks they can prove it they could fund a private prosecution (doubt SY police will be interested in doing any investigation).

Even a private prosecution needs permission to proceed, and no-one is going to allow that kind of joke case.

Unless there is actual evidence of false claims (which I don't think there's been any accusations of) ??

Edited by geared

7 hours ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Neither has he represented his constituents as he is required to do so.

Angel1.

That apply`s  to the majority of MP`s mate, mine especially. 

7 hours ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

A custodial prison sentence of a year or less—longer sentences automatically disqualify MPs without need for a petition;

Suspension from the House of least 10 sitting days or 14 calendar days, following a report by the Committee on Standards;

A conviction for providing false or misleading expenses claims.

I draw your attention to the last line, would you think not representing his constituents might involve the above. What is he actually doing to receive wages and expenses.

Angel1.

Surely, you can understand basic English.

Read it again. Then move on to another thread instead of writing rubbish on this one.

I see our elected MP has neglected to vote again last night, what a surprise but at least we will be rid of him in a matter of weeks.

7 minutes ago, Westie1889 said:

I see our elected MP has neglected to vote again last night, what a surprise but at least we will be rid of him in a matter of weeks.

turkeys don't vote for christmas

8 minutes ago, Bigal1 said:

turkeys don't vote for christmas

Let's hope Momentum have vetted the new candidate more carefully.

1 hour ago, nightrider said:

Let's hope Momentum have vetted the new candidate more carefully.

should you not have said 

"Let's hope Momentum have vetted the new candidate "

Former deputy leader of Sheffield City Council, Olivia Blake is the candidate for Hallam. She is said to support the move from a Cabinet system to a committee system for SCC.

Hardly relevant in our choice of MP is it

Is she in favour of brexit might be more relevant

1 hour ago, horribleblob said:

Former deputy leader of Sheffield City Council, Olivia Blake is the candidate for Hallam. She is said to support the move from a Cabinet system to a committee system for SCC.

Her mother, Judith Blake, is leader of Leeds City Council. 

1 minute ago, Baron99 said:

Her mother, Judith Blake, is leader of Leeds City Council. 

so what