Jared Omara MP ..

nikki-red

We understand that this is an emotive subject, and discussing the facts is totally fine.
Posting insults is not.
Jared is local to us, and could well be a member of the forum, we dont allow name calling and insults on other threads and they arent acceptable on this one either.

Message added by nikki-red

24 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Christ.  That's all we need.   Talk about frying pan to fire.

We need a politician who actually gets on with the job not some publicity whore. 

Publicity whore.  Lol. 

Just been on the wireless, he intends to resign after the summer break, so he can address his mental health issues.

Angel1.

25 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Just been on the wireless, he intends to resign after the summer break, so he can address his mental health issues.

Angel1.

Does your wirless have a 10 hour time delay?

https://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/topic/451138-jared-omara-mp/page/120/?tab=comments#comment-8268277

16 hours ago, ECCOnoob said:

Christ.  That's all we need.   Talk about frying pan to fire.

We need a politician who actually gets on with the job not some publicity whore. 

Exactly.    I'd add to that someone with  maturity who's  respectful of the position and of those whom he represents. 

16 hours ago, Beauchiefs said:

I'll believe it when it happens.

Given that a general election is his ticket out of this, I think the entire electorate has been given a big hint in the last few days - which is of course contrary to what our illustrious PM has promised... ...Politics eh..?

September general election

Celebrity Love Island

Ernest BBC4 documentary about something or other

Then hopefully we won't hear from him again...

The Labour Party needs to explain how on earth it managed to select such a completely unsuitable candidate.

1 hour ago, linaker said:

The Labour Party needs to explain how on earth it managed to select such a completely unsuitable candidate.

some hope!

what about the 21,000 who voted him into office they too should be asking themselves serious questions

still perhaps if people voted for the best candidate and not blindly vote by party allegiance we might succeed next time in a candidate worthy of representing us

7 minutes ago, amnicoll said:

some hope!

what about the 21,000 who voted him into office they too should be asking themselves serious questions

still perhaps if people voted for the best candidate and not blindly vote by party allegiance we might succeed next time in a candidate worthy of representing us

You do know that this was a Tory seat for many years, then Lib Dem and finally Labour for the first time in its history  as a constituency, don't you? Hardly an example of people voting by party allegiance.

I was under the impression that Angela Smith was a Labour MP when she was my MP for this constituency not that long ago

10 minutes ago, amnicoll said:

I was under the impression that Angela Smith was a Labour MP when she was my MP for this constituency not that long ago

I don't believe Angela Smith has ever been MP for Hallam. 

20 hours ago, Dan_Ashcroft said:

Hope Magid stands in the by-election, so we can punish Labour and keep the Yellow Tories out

Magid is an MEP, I don't think he can stand for the UK parliament as well.

7 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

I don't believe Angela Smith has ever been MP for Hallam. 

She's MP for Penistone and Stocksbridge, and before that Hillsborough. I've lived in Hallam since 1990 and don't think we've ever had a Labour MP in all those years.