Jared Omara MP ..

nikki-red

We understand that this is an emotive subject, and discussing the facts is totally fine.
Posting insults is not.
Jared is local to us, and could well be a member of the forum, we dont allow name calling and insults on other threads and they arent acceptable on this one either.

Message added by nikki-red

Guest makapaka
and which part of that makes the claims you've stated??

I don't see that in post #1193

No such claim was made by Paula, don't put words into peoples mouths, it's plain rude.

Sorry - if you write attending parliament can’t be done - you can’t then say you didn’t mean they can’t attend.

I take it based on the fact that I’m jus misinterpreting things you agree that Jared O’Mara has never said he can’t attend parliament then?

And only said that he had attended PMQ’s just once because he found the arena very difficult - which many other MP’s have also stated on account of the raucous atmosphere.

And that him being in the Washington didn’t mean that he could make it to the pub but not to parliament - because you accept he goes to parliament.

And that comparing going to the Washington with attending prime ministers questions is not quite the same.

If all of the above is correct than we agree wholly.

---------- Post added 06-11-2018 at 21:23 ----------

That was my post. When I said "can't be done" I did mean it in a more figurative and general way, rather than a specific matter.

I have no idea if he's attended Parliament since December - it is indeed PMQs that he says he cannot attend. Does anyone know if he has attended Parliament? I would suggest it seems unlikely, given that he's missed important votes such as Universal Credit.

He has attended parliament since December - I think you even posted about his maiden speech in parliament in July for one.

Edited by makapaka

Really easy, pop your post code in here if he is your MP and all will be revealed. I have used the site several times and it tells all about your MP.

https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/

Angel1.

Where on this site does it give attendance records ??..

Where on this site does it give attendance records ??..

Apologies,my bad. I took the Numerology to be Parliamentry attendences when in fact it means something completely different.

Angel1.

---------- Post added 12-11-2018 at 13:44 ----------

Any one see the Politics live show at 12.15, Jared had a spot on it. He has not decided yet if he will stand at the next election, although it would be as an Indipendant he says.

Angel1.

Apologies,my bad. I took the Numerology to be Parliamentry attendences when in fact it means something completely different.

Angel1.

---------- Post added 12-11-2018 at 13:44 ----------

Any one see the Politics live show at 12.15, Jared had a spot on it. He has not decided yet if he will stand at the next election, although it would be as an Indipendant he says.

Angel1.

Oh I do hope he does stand. Hes made such a valued contribution to parliamentary democracy. He fully backed Mrs Mays Universal Credit Proposals by not turning up to a vote on it because of "constituency business". The Tories would miss his support.

Any one see the Politics live show at 12.15, Jared had a spot on it.

I did.

He made an interesting point that disability legislation does not apply within the confines of the chamber of the House of Commons.

He did however, manage to swerve the question about why he found the 'shoutiness' of Prime Minister's Questions difficult but not working in a noisy bar.

The guy clearly has issues and I'm not entirely sure that remaining as an MP is helping him (other than allowing him to pay for private treatment for his condition after being refused by the NHS)

I did.

He made an interesting point that disability legislation does not apply within the confines of the chamber of the House of Commons.

He did however, manage to swerve the question about why he found the 'shoutiness' of Prime Minister's Questions difficult but not working in a noisy bar.

The guy clearly has issues and I'm not entirely sure that remaining as an MP is helping him (other than allowing him to pay for private treatment for his condition after being refused by the NHS)

I think the main issue he has is that he is setting back rights for Autistic people decades. He is clearly workshy as he can quite easily work in a noisy bar and yet cannot work in the House of Commons. He couldnt even be bothered to attend a vote on a crucial issue such as Universal Credit. No one was even expecting him to be there all we need was him to go through a flipping door to vote and he couldnt even do that.

He is clearly workshy

Do you have any evidence for that?

He didn't expect to be elected in a million years and I suspect that he is intimidated by the sheer scale of the task of being an MP.

Guest makapaka
I think the main issue he has is that he is setting back rights for Autistic people decades. He is clearly workshy as he can quite easily work in a noisy bar and yet cannot work in the House of Commons. He couldnt even be bothered to attend a vote on a crucial issue such as Universal Credit. No one was even expecting him to be there all we need was him to go through a flipping door to vote and he couldnt even do that.

Another ill thought out statement.

He was talking about PMQ’s not parliament.

There is a difference between working in a bar and attending PMQs.

He didn't expect to be elected in a million years and I suspect that he is intimidated by the sheer scale of the task of being an MP.

He should stand down immediately then.

He should stand down immediately then.

I suspect that he should.

I doubt all the attention is helping his mental health! :(

He couldnt even be bothered to go through a door to oppose something that was important to him. He had one job.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/sheffield-mp-jared-o-mara-fails-to-vote-on-universal-credit-in-parliament-1-9410830