Jared Omara MP ..

nikki-red

We understand that this is an emotive subject, and discussing the facts is totally fine.
Posting insults is not.
Jared is local to us, and could well be a member of the forum, we dont allow name calling and insults on other threads and they arent acceptable on this one either.

Message added by nikki-red

Well at least he isn't as bad as MP Fiona Onasanya, despite spending time in prison she shamelessly continues to show her face in Westminster.

1 hour ago, algorrobo said:

I see Jared abstained in all the votes last night......the first opportunity for MPs to demonstrate how they would like to get us out of the current mess. Was it too noisy for him, or was he just not there? Meanwhile he continues to pocket his salary to represent the voters of Hallam.

With 8 choices and all that uproar the poor lad clearly decided it was all too much. Down in Peterborough the local populace seems to have decided it's all too much with their MP and are about to vote to recall her. If 10% of the electorate were to do that in Hallam an election could  be held to elect someone better.

It seems none of the main parties want to be seen to start that ball rolling, probably dreading the precedent it may create - although Peterborough are now setting out to do that.

Here's how it's done; https://www.electoralcommission.org.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0004/184324/Recall-Act-Factsheet.pdf

Edited by 1978

2 hours ago, 1978 said:

If 10% of the electorate were to do that in Hallam an election could  be held to elect someone better.

Doesn't the petition need to be initiated by the speaker of the house though?

3 hours ago, 1978 said:

If 10% of the electorate were to do that in Hallam an election could  be held to elect someone better.

I

This has been looked into ;) 

There are quite strict criteria under which this could be set in motion and unfortunately those haven't been met. Yet.

His voting record - or lack of voting record - is utterly appalling.  Is any other constituency so poorly served by such a waste of space as an MP?  

This is what you get when you vote blindly for a party, without considering the representative.

1 hour ago, lectrolove said:

This has been looked into ;) 

There are quite strict criteria under which this could be set in motion and unfortunately those haven't been met. Yet.

He'll be getting well advised on how to stay just on the right side of that criteria.

6 hours ago, geared said:

Well at least he isn't as bad as MP Fiona Onasanya, despite spending time in prison she shamelessly continues to show her face in Westminster.

How can you say that?

They are both still serving MPs and are both free of any party whip but she turned up and voted on the various proposals yesterday in line with her constituents wishes.

He didn't.

Is it clear if he was in the House TCH?   Or did he just not bother to show up?

I'm not sure which is worse to be honest - turning up and abstaining when you have no whip, or not being bothered to even attend.

3 minutes ago, bendix said:

Is it clear if he was in the House TCH?   Or did he just not bother to show up?

I don't know.

I know that Fiona Onasanya was there because she voted or abstained on the various options available.  Regardless of her criminal conviction and loss of party whip, she has stated that she intends to carry on as MP for her constituency and draw the salary. To do that she has to carry on with the duties of an MP which include attending Parliament and partaking in votes.

I'm not entirely sure how she can be criticised for that! 😡 

When I checked which way he'd voted this morning I kind of knew I was onto a loser!!  What a complete and utterly useless waste of oxygen!    

An utter disgrace. He's no politician, he's way out of his depth and just pocketing the salary, probably unable to believe his luck. Can't wait for him to get booted out.

I see the boy wonder is still  a cause of consternation