Jared Omara MP ..

nikki-red

We understand that this is an emotive subject, and discussing the facts is totally fine.
Posting insults is not.
Jared is local to us, and could well be a member of the forum, we dont allow name calling and insults on other threads and they arent acceptable on this one either.

Message added by nikki-red

Not a denier at all.

So he is disabled.   And?   Lots of other people are too.

What they don't do is use their disability as some pathetic excuse and desprate sympathy attempt  to cover up their corrupt, inappropriate or vile behaviour.

That is what O'Mara did.   

People saw through it.  They quite rightly challenged him and instead of taking responsibility and facing the consequences he tried to play the card even more.

The only thing hateful and disingenuous in this scenario is Jared himself.

Facing up to ones issues gets sympathy. 

Admitting and changing when one commits nasty acts  gets public support.

Making excuses, carrying on regardless and hiding away whilst still receiving a nice fat public pay cheque doesn't. 

Edited by ECCOnoob

7 hours ago, Richard 3 said:

Language like yours is becoming part of our public discourse.  Hateful and disingenuous.

Hmmm. didn't you recently post these:

Facebook is full of Corbyn misinformation, probably created by Israeli troll farms.

A word to you insufferable morons - a metal cage won't protect from harm, you are just jelly inside.

Both pretty hateful and disingenuous.

@ECCOnoob  is absolutely correct, O'Mara was a lazy do-nothing that used his disabilities as an excuse to hide from the problems he had created.

He should have been a champion for their cause but instead did a great dis-service to all people facing disability challenges.

His disabilities didn't seem to prevent him from DJing at nightclubs, or going to loud and busy city centre bars. They did prevent him from doing even the bare minimum require of an MP, or treating his constituents with decency and respect. 

The man was a disgrace to those with disabilities who perform their role as MPs well. Whenever he was (rightly and validly) criticized for his behaviour he played the 'disability' card. I'm not too sure how any disability leads you to make sexist and homophobic slurs, refuse to undergo sensitivity training preferring to quit your party, sack all office staff, refuse to answer constituents letters and emails, etc etc. 

He should be thoroughly ashamed of himself. He's lived long enough on our money- time for him to get a job in which he actually has to do something. 

While ever he was an MP there was always the (forlorn) hope that he might reform and do the job he was elected to and paid handsomely for. Now he is no longer an MP, surely the time has come to draw a line under his contribution to the life of the city and let sleeping dogs lie?

56 minutes ago, Hopman said:

While ever he was an MP there was always the (forlorn) hope that he might reform and do the job he was elected to and paid handsomely for. Now he is no longer an MP, surely the time has come to draw a line under his contribution to the life of the city and let sleeping dogs lie?

Agreed...

19 hours ago, Richard 3 said:

He had his heart in the right place, but the Net is unforgiving. I pray he finds pastures new.

My sentiments too.

Hopefully the witch hunt on here and elsewhere will now cease - but I doubt it.

Time to find someone else to vent your frustrations and anger on - how will you fill your days ?

Probably time now to close this thread.

Edited by Daven

1 hour ago, Daven said:

My sentiments too.

Time to find someone else to vent your frustrations and anger on - how will you fill your days ?

I fill my days with a full-time professional job and having to support help two disabled members of my family.

News flash.  Not everyone agrees with your 'positive' opinion of Jared.  In fact if you took the time to look you will see that theres a substantial amount of people who don't support your opinion and that is exactly the reason why they are bloody delighted he is not standing.

There are very genuine reasons for people's anger and frustrations.  What about all the people let down by their representative in parliament?  What about all the people who he insulted and abused both online and verbally?; What about taxpayers and the public purse having to deal with the fallout of his corruption, failures and total mismanagement of office?

How dare you try to dismiss it as some witch hunt.   You are as deluded as the man himself.

As another poster has recently said the man should be ashamed of himself.  There is no disability card to be played here he thoroughly deserves the criticism he's getting.  

Well-paid jobs in the public eye comes public scrutiny, public criticism and a lot of responsibility.    He knew that from day one.  

Edited by ECCOnoob

23 hours ago, Class66 said:

The inside lane of the M1 between Meadowhall and Barnsley was travelling lovely this evening, whilst the second third and fourth lane was like a battle ground. These people aren't morons.... they are complete imbeciles.

9 hours ago, alchresearch said:

Hmmm. didn't you recently post these:

Both pretty hateful and disingenuous.

I disagree, I made congenitive points without using base language. If you are referring to my Israeli comment as disingenuous then that opens another debate.

4 hours ago, Mattcheese said:

His disabilities didn't seem to prevent him from DJing at nightclubs, or going to loud and busy city centre bars. They did prevent him from doing even the bare minimum require of an MP, or treating his constituents with decency and respect. 

The man was a disgrace to those with disabilities who perform their role as MPs well. Whenever he was (rightly and validly) criticized for his behaviour he played the 'disability' card. I'm not too sure how any disability leads you to make sexist and homophobic slurs, refuse to undergo sensitivity training preferring to quit your party, sack all office staff, refuse to answer constituents letters and emails, etc etc. 

He should be thoroughly ashamed of himself. He's lived long enough on our money- time for him to get a job in which he actually has to do something. 

Would you condemn a person with tourette syndrome a job? Both can go to actual live interactions and try to conform and manifest an living. Unless,  they meet people like you, who project basic hatred of anybody 'different.'

2 hours ago, Daven said:

My sentiments too.

Fully. It is bordering on slanderous.  The perps will move on to  find another circus/victim, in which to blame anything vaguely 'real left' as preposterous. 

As someone with loosely the same symptoms as Jared , but with the added frisson of impending death,  I find you Richard offensive. Go away and find something useful to do