Jared Omara MP ..

nikki-red

We understand that this is an emotive subject, and discussing the facts is totally fine.
Posting insults is not.
Jared is local to us, and could well be a member of the forum, we dont allow name calling and insults on other threads and they arent acceptable on this one either.

Message added by nikki-red

well then if they can stop paying them then perhaps there is a way to stop paying out esteemed member

They never took the job in the first place, slight difference.

hardly either you do the job you are paid for or you don't

There's a massive difference between Sinn Fein MPs and Jared O'Mara.   Constituents in Northern Ireland know that, if they vote for Sinn Fein, the MPs won't take their seat as they don't recognise the authority of a Westminster parliament - they know before they elect them, that they won't be represented by them in the House of Commons.  Sinn Fein MPs don't draw a salary - although they may claim expenses for other work they do to support their constituents.  It would be more accurate to say that, aside from sitting in the House of Commons, Sinn Fein MPs are doing a job that they AREN'T paid for.

On 07/09/2019 at 13:22, newcomer01 said:

The guy is playing everyone from constituents,to all Sheffield to the political system. The cynics on this forum thought that when he  stated that he was to resign ,it was belated just to keep on the gravy train. He has no intention of leaving due to ill health.Not for the first time has he completed a letter outlining his health issues at which point very little is heard from him  as people seem to give him space .He is very clever in  employing such delaying tactics to ensure a maximum pay day . His delay in leaving must now prove that this is totally down to maximum financial gain. His family must be so proud of their son and the way that he has , and continues to conduct himself.

I'm not sure we should be so cynical about him, if it is mental health issues then let's be fair they can be up and down, so if he feels he should resign one minute and the next he feels fine to continue, I'd call that a manifestation of the condition.

As for maximum financial gain, can't blame him for not wanting to be out of work - what's the alternative, to be on benefits? And if someone has firsthand experience of how reliable they are I'd appreciate it, but there has been quite a bit of noise regarding payments getting stopped for people etc.

12 minutes ago, overtheborder said:

I'm not sure we should be so cynical about him, if it is mental health issues then let's be fair they can be up and down, so if he feels he should resign one minute and the next he feels fine to continue, I'd call that a manifestation of the condition.

Problem is that it's always a mental health problem when he's in the papers for the wrong reasons.

Pulled the exact same stunt when he got booted out of the Labour party.

Couldn't be arsed to attend Parliament, claimed mental health issues again. 

I call bullsh*t personally, he's nothing more than a lazy charlatan. 

His constituents know full well he's not over-worked, and IIRC people have seen him out in pubs around town.

Edited by geared

No it is legalised fraud he has not and is not doing the job he is being paid for

With respect, he should never have even been selected as a candidate. He had no experience, his physical/mental conditions were known and he was totally unsuited to being an MP.

Hallam Labour Party have brought shame and ridicule to politics on a massive scale. Cynical me also asks how we suddenly got so many Labour voters in the constituency.

Edited by RollingJ

24 minutes ago, amnicoll said:

students

That and boundary changes, the constituency includes Stannington now.

2 hours ago, RollingJ said:

In that case, why does there seem to be an ever increasing number of them - the number of 'student-accommodation' developments in Sheffield (and every major city I've visited this year) is unbelievable.

Previously alot were living out in private accommodation, clearly the University has realised get them all stuck in halls and they can enjoy a piece of that action.

You're talking £100+ per week, per student.