Jared Omara MP ..

nikki-red

We understand that this is an emotive subject, and discussing the facts is totally fine.
Posting insults is not.
Jared is local to us, and could well be a member of the forum, we dont allow name calling and insults on other threads and they arent acceptable on this one either.

Message added by nikki-red

Who? Jared?

Edited by chocki

4 hours ago, birichen said:

Just get over it - he has gone

Thats the problem... he hasn't yet!

6 hours ago, birichen said:

Oh no he hasn't. We're still paying him serious amounts of money to do absolutely SFA.  Are you saying this is OK?

17 hours ago, birichen said:

He's not resigned so he's still MP for Hallam.  If he decides he wants to stay no-one can say otherwise.

How much has he been paid for doIng absolutely nothing during his time as an M. P. ?

Deselection simply means that they can not stand for the party in the next election.

I can't imagine that if he were to stand in the next election he would get many votes

38 minutes ago, sheffbag said:

That isn't applicable to independant MP's. He has no party members to deselect him 

Tried the net to find out more info, but none was forthcoming. So I accept your knowledge on the situation, I was misguided (wrong) in my suggestion that Omara could be de-selected. 

Angel1.

Could he not be removed by the constituents using the Recall of MPs Act 2015 which makes provision for constituents to be able to recall their MP and call for a by-election.

2 hours ago, Phili Buster said:

Could he not be removed by the constituents using the Recall of MPs Act 2015 which makes provision for constituents to be able to recall their MP and call for a by-election.

Yes. I’m amazed this hasn’t happened tbh