Jared Omara MP ..

nikki-red

We understand that this is an emotive subject, and discussing the facts is totally fine.
Posting insults is not.
Jared is local to us, and could well be a member of the forum, we dont allow name calling and insults on other threads and they arent acceptable on this one either.

Message added by nikki-red

1 minute ago, prince al said:

I bet Nick Clegg is laughing his socks off.

I bet Jared Omara is laughing his socks off.      Being paid a lot of money for doing  NOTHING.

Come to think of it, that's been the case since he started in the job.     🤬

1 minute ago, prince al said:

Losing his seat was possibly the best thing that could have happened to Clegg, he was looking tired and washed out as a politician.

seven figure salary from FB and his recent expenses claimed parachute payment as an ex deputy PM £113k from the uk should put the pep back into him?

1 hour ago, prince al said:

I'm not laughing my socks off. I met Nick and had quite a lot of reservations about him on several issues.

However, if he'd got another 2,500 votes out of the 57,000 cast Hallam would at least have had an active MP.

What's more the leave side might have been more effectively challenged by Nick than Vince Cable. Although that's a totally untested thought, and we'd probably be in the same mess!

The swing away from Conservative to LibDem, and then to Labour, must make Hallam one of  the most volatile seats in the country;  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheffield_Hallam_(UK_Parliament_constituency)#/media/File:HallamGraph.svg

Edited by 1978
Adde link to graph

2 hours ago, prince al said:

Seems to be a glutton for punishment.From having his head repeatedly shoved down the toilet by Cameron to being the spokesman of one of the most divisive companies out there

I wonder how much damage this on-going saga is doing to the credibility of the Labour Party in general...

I appreciate that our MP is now an Independent, but he was put there with the help of Momentum and this total fiasco confirms my suspicions about the competency level of the activists who put him forward as a candidate, and helped bring out the voters to elect him...

Basically nothing more than student politicians.

The WInter of Discontent tainted Labour for years and I think the Momentum involvement in this fiasco will taint Mr Corbyn's Labour Party in the same way.

The British Public want at the very least, competent politicians...even if they can't stand them.

I think Labour will suffer at the polls for it's close links to Momentum.

I can't be the only one who thinks this way...

Were they also responsible for Fiona Onasanya?

1 hour ago, crazyhorse said:

I wonder how much damage this on-going saga is doing to the credibility of the Labour Party in general...

I appreciate that our MP is now an Independent, but he was put there with the help of Momentum and this total fiasco confirms my suspicions about the competency level of the activists who put him forward as a candidate, and helped bring out the voters to elect him...

The WInter of Discontent tainted Labour for years and I think the Momentum involvement in this fiasco will taint Mr Corbyn's Labour Party in the same way.

The British Public want at the very least, competent politicians...even if they can't stand them.

Bolded bit - you certainly aren't.

18 hours ago, crazyhorse said:

what credibility?

32 minutes ago, amnicoll said:

what credibility?

Spot on.       :thumbsup:

20 hours ago, crazyhorse said:

Wouldn't disagree with your view that Momentum, Corbyn and  O'Mara have had damaging impacts on Labour's election prospects, you could add the party's failure to deal with antisemitism to that list, but for every one of those failures there's at least the same if not more in the Tory party.

Recent bi-election in Wales brought about by Tory MP being convicted of criminal offence, Mark Field throttling climate change protester, failure to deal with Islamophobia in party, lurch to the right in response to Brexit Party and that's before you get onto Failing Grayling and our new PM's challenging relationship with the truth. They almost mirror the issues you raised.

Think you're onto something saying British public will tolerate politicians being odious characters if they think they are competent but I think there's also a slight class bias, that most people will trust an upper class MP more than a working class one as historically we're preconditioned to do as we're told by ruling class?

Tory's seem to get away with more than Labour do, and same seems to be true on other side of the pond with Republicans and Democrats or is it just me?

2 hours ago, Eccy Beach said:

Think you're onto something saying British public will tolerate politicians being odious characters if they think they are competent but I think there's also a slight class bias, that most people will trust an upper class MP more than a working class one as historically we're preconditioned to do as we're told by ruling class?

Tory's seem to get away with more than Labour do, and same seems to be true on other side of the pond with Republicans and Democrats or is it just me?

Corbyn is quite upper-class, though, isn't he? His parents lived in a manor house, he went to a prep school...not sure that it is helping him much.