Jared Omara MP ..

nikki-red

We understand that this is an emotive subject, and discussing the facts is totally fine.
Posting insults is not.
Jared is local to us, and could well be a member of the forum, we dont allow name calling and insults on other threads and they arent acceptable on this one either.

Message added by nikki-red

21 hours ago, ECCOnoob said:

Christ.  That's all we need.   Talk about frying pan to fire.

We need a politician who actually gets on with the job not some publicity whore. 

Isn't that what a politicians job is?

Edited by andyofborg

15 hours ago, Longcol said:

I don't think so, maybe 5 live is not on the ball when it comes to its news reports. Or there again, they may just repeat them, maybe I just heard a repeat. Repeat or not it seems this MP's time is up.

Angel1.

Edited by ANGELFIRE1

3 hours ago, lectrolove said:

Magid is an MEP, I don't think he can stand for the UK parliament as well.

She's MP for Penistone and Stocksbridge, and before that Hillsborough. I've lived in Hallam since 1990 and don't think we've ever had a Labour MP in all those years.

Yes the boundaries changed and  i was in the Sheffield Hillsborough  constituency that had a labor MP and then became the Hallam constituency in the changes

2 hours ago, amnicoll said:

Yes the boundaries changed and  i was in the Sheffield Hillsborough  constituency that had a labor MP and then became the Hallam constituency in the changes

No. Sheffield Hillsborough did not become Hallam constituency.  Parts of it were moved into Sheffield Hallam, Central and Brightside and Hillsborough. 

6 hours ago, amnicoll said:

some hope!

what about the 21,000 who voted him into office they too should be asking themselves serious questions

still perhaps if people voted for the best candidate and not blindly vote by party allegiance we might succeed next time in a candidate worthy of representing us

The point of an election is to vote for the party that best represents your views. If you disagree with everything the Labour Party stands for, why would you vote for it? I don't see how 70,000 electors are supposed to work out what a candidate they are never likely to meet is like personally. It is the responsibility of political parties to vet candidates and Labour clearly failed dismally in this case. And even then, it's difficult to tell how good anyone will be until they are actually doing the job. That's why it should be possible to remove your MP if they don't turn up to Parliament or deal with constituents' problems. 

39 minutes ago, linaker said:

The point of an election is to vote for the party that best represents your views. If you disagree with everything the Labour Party stands for, why would you vote for it? I don't see how 70,000 electors are supposed to work out what a candidate they are never likely to meet is like personally. It is the responsibility of political parties to vet candidates and Labour clearly failed dismally in this case. And even then, it's difficult to tell how good anyone will be until they are actually doing the job. That's why it should be possible to remove your MP if they don't turn up to Parliament or deal with constituents' problems. 

Some candidates have a background in local politics. In these cases voters who are interested can research the person they might vote for.

But where candidates seem to be parachuted in with no background available, the voters can’t do much more than trust the party to have not picked a bad ‘un. The party has a lot to answer for in this case.

Just heard one of O'Mara's current staff on Radio Sheffield, a woman, 17 years his junior, complaining that O'Mara allegedly sent her a text in the early hours of one morning, declaring his love for her. 

She's reported hm to the Parliamentary Stadards Authority. As she said, he 17 years older than me & my boss. 

In a response stated on Look North, O'Mara is blaming the pressure currently on him & his mental health condition. 

Edited by Baron99
Amendments

1 hour ago, Baron99 said:

Just heard one of O'Mara's current staff on Radio Sheffield, a woman, 17 years his junior, complaining that O'Mara allegedly sent her a text in the early hours of one morning, declaring his love for her. 

She's reported hm to the Parliamentary Stadards Authority. As she said, he 17 years older than me & my boss. 

In a response stated on Look North, O'Mara is blaming the pressure currently on him & his mental health condition. 

why wait this long to complain ??? seems to be the fashion recently?

9 minutes ago, Borista336 said:

why wait this long to complain ??? seems to be the fashion recently?

Having watched the complainant on Look North, it seems that this was only last week or so.   Apparently he posted comments on WhatsApp that ran to 17 paragraphs in the middle of the night. 

O'Mara's also issued a lengthy apology, (not a denyal), in which he states he should have resigned ages ago. 

Edited by Baron99
Amendments

On 27/07/2019 at 07:19, Beauchiefs said:

Wow,  no wonder he's sticking around, its like he's won the lottery.

Sounds like £30000 + reasons why he'll change his mind & not resign.

If he's saying he's resigning in September, why can't they get rid now.Should never have been elected in first place, what were people thinking? All that money for doing nothing?

1 minute ago, chocki said:

If he's saying he's resigning in September, why can't they get rid now.Should never have been elected in first place, what were people thinking? All that money for doing nothing?

My Bold

Who are they chocki

you may be informed an MP cannot resign, or get the sack. he or any mp has to do it in a round about way.