Jared Omara MP ..

nikki-red

We understand that this is an emotive subject, and discussing the facts is totally fine.
Posting insults is not.
Jared is local to us, and could well be a member of the forum, we dont allow name calling and insults on other threads and they arent acceptable on this one either.

Message added by nikki-red

Strangely enough, just read the same, and you can't recall someone for not doing their job, unlike in the real world, where you can sack them if they are not up to it -- really, really strange - but not surprising.

18 hours ago, RollingJ said:

OK - I admit this is the first (& hopefully last)  and it amazes me too, tbh, even though I have my suspicions.

Irrespective of that slight diversion, I would still be interested to know how Mr.Omara got selected as the Labour candidate - with respect, if that's the best they can offer...............................

Mind you, it says even less of those who elected him.

I suspect he got selected because labour didn't expect to win Hallam in their wildest dreams and so wouldn't waste a good candidate on the seat.

12 hours ago, RollingJ said:

Strangely enough, just read the same, and you can't recall someone for not doing their job, unlike in the real world, where you can sack them if they are not up to it -- really, really strange - but not surprising.

It's not actually strange at all imo. Politicians simply aren't subject to the same general rules of employment as the rest of us.  They - more or less - make the rules up for themselves, same with pay and expenses.

9 minutes ago, Eccy Beach said:

I suspect he got selected because labour didn't expect to win Hallam in their wildest dreams and so wouldn't waste a good candidate on the seat.

You mean they have good candidates?🤔

11 minutes ago, Eccy Beach said:

1 minute ago, Fougasse said:

It's not actually strange at all imo. Politicians simply aren't subject to the same general rules of employment as the rest of us.  They - more or less - make the rules up for themselves, same with pay and expenses.

Very true - and very worrying, whichever side you're on.

1 minute ago, RollingJ said:

You mean they have good candidates?🤔

Very true - and very worrying, whichever side you're on.

I'm never sure about that tbh. The public keep voting for these people so some, at least, aren't that worried about it - and it's not just the 'good' MPs either. Christopher Chope for instance keeps getting returned (since '97).

Always seems a bit like going shopping while wearing a blindfold to me.

1 minute ago, Fougasse said:

Always seems a bit like going shopping while wearing a blindfold to me.

And earplugs.:)

11 hours ago, Fougasse said:

The public voted for him in a election, if they're not happy maybe they should have bothered to actually look at who they were voting for.

Perhaps next time they will put some value in the vote they have.

5 minutes ago, geared said:

The public voted for him in a election, if they're not happy maybe they should have bothered to actually look at who they were voting for.

Perhaps next time they will put some value in the vote they have.

I did - I certainly didn't vote for the 'gentleman',  because I had researched him, having never heard of him before, and also because he represented a party I have only ever once voted for in the 45 years I have had a vote - and that was a terrible mistake, we ended up with Tony Blair.

On 01/07/2019 at 19:43, RollingJ said:

I don't know, but it would be interesting and useful to find out.

At the moment he is merely a well paid waste of Westminster space.

It isn’t hard to find out. Perhaps you could stop your characteristic whinging and have a look yourself.

Clue: No.

Unlike Tory MP Chris Davies.

Just saying

6 hours ago, Pettytom said:

It isn’t hard to find out. Perhaps you could stop your characteristic whinging and have a look yourself.

Clue: No.

Unlike Tory MP Chris Davies.

Just saying

Had you read all the posts, you would realise I already know - or maybe you have and are just being selective?

If I could be bothered, I'd report your post, but I used to eat trolls for breakfast, now I just find them boring and tasteless.

Edited by RollingJ

51 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Had you read all the posts, you would realise I already know - or maybe you have and are just being selective?

If I could be bothered, I'd report your post, but I used to eat trolls for breakfast, now I just find them boring and tasteless.

If you already know something, then starting your post with”I don’t know” is a bit silly, don’t you think?

1 minute ago, Pettytom said:

If you already know something, then starting your post with”I don’t know” is a bit silly, don’t you think?

As previous, if you had read all the posts, and not just the selection that suits your agenda.........................