Jared Omara MP ..

nikki-red

We understand that this is an emotive subject, and discussing the facts is totally fine.
Posting insults is not.
Jared is local to us, and could well be a member of the forum, we dont allow name calling and insults on other threads and they arent acceptable on this one either.

Message added by nikki-red

9 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Second lot of staff ? Do tell

I may have misinterpreted a post above saying he had ‘sacked the last lot’.

1 hour ago, hackey lad said:

Does anyone know the reason  why  the boy wonder has to get all new staff ?

Might it be that they were hired to support a Labour MP and were Labour leaning? It may be that they are still Labour leaning, even if their employer is no longer a Labour MP.

15 hours ago, GingerR said:

He’s an ex Labour politician and a far left Momentum backed one at that. Y’know, the party who are supposed to be all about representing the workers. Given that he appears to be treating his workforce like **** and has form as a poor employer and a homophobic misogynist to boot, his position is untenable. He has no respect for his constituents.

I hate to say it, but there’s a bit of poetic justice here. Nick Clegg is a good man and was a decent MP and the Lib Dems did the right and honourable thing by going into coalition with the largest party, he didn’t deserve the punishment he got at the ballot box, but I suspect in O’Mara his constituents may well have got the MP they deserved.

Have to agree, albeit I'm part of the collateral damage, not having voted for O'Mara.

13 hours ago, Hopman said:

Might it be that they were hired to support a Labour MP and were Labour leaning? It may be that they are still Labour leaning, even if their employer is no longer a Labour MP.

Which labour policies does he not agree with?

Edited by nightrider

A good cartoon of you know who ,by  Whitworth in tonight's Star 😊

3 hours ago, sheffield654 said:

Nick Clegg smirking like the Cheshire Cat.

I know I would be!

No. Jared O'Mara, inaction man 😊

From the Yorkshire Post. 

'Jared O'Mara says he would not have become an MP if he had known the Equality Act didn't apply to Parliament.'  

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/latest-news/disabled-sheffield-mp-jared-o-mara-opens-up-on-his-battle-to-adjust-to-life-in-westminster-1-9625585

Perhaps the time has come for his resignation.  It appears he didn't do his homework before standing, he probably didn't expect to be elected, and then when he was, it was shown not to be what he wanted.  No shame for him in saying its not for him, perhaps he can go back to however he earned his living before, without the stress public office brings.    

Edited by Ms Macbeth
Sp

17 minutes ago, Ms Macbeth said:

From the Yorkshire Post. 

'Jared O'Mara says he would not have become an MP if he had known the Equality Act didn't apply to Parliament.'  

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/latest-news/disabled-sheffield-mp-jared-o-mara-opens-up-on-his-battle-to-adjust-to-life-in-westminster-1-9625585

Perhaps the time has come for his resignation.  It appears he didn't do his homework before standing, he probably didn't expected to be elected, and then when he was, it was shown not to be what he wanted.  No shame for him in saying its not for him, perhaps he can go back to however he earned his living before, without the stress public office brings.    

Sound technician at West St Live I doubt pays 75k a year + expenses. Id fully expect him to stay as long as possible. Lets face it politicians are in it for themselves as much as they claim to be a public servant. Just look at Fiona Asanaya, Kate Osamor and the raft of expense fiddling MP's.
https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk/politics/news/101472/political-prisoners-mps-who-have-served-jail-time

On 28 April 2019 at 08:55, jamesogt said:

Sound technician at West St Live I doubt pays 75k a year + expenses. Id fully expect him to stay as long as possible. Lets face it politicians are in it for themselves as much as they claim to be a public servant. Just look at Fiona Asanaya, Kate Osamor and the raft of expense fiddling MP's.
https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk/politics/news/101472/political-prisoners-mps-who-have-served-jail-time

And just look what's happened to Fiona Onasanya.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-48123355

Edited by Ms Macbeth

Nope, been said a few times he can't be put to a recall petition.

Thats reserved for MP's who've seriously breached the public trust, but fall short of automatic dismissal.

Fiona Onasanya is a perfect example.