Jared Omara MP ..

nikki-red

We understand that this is an emotive subject, and discussing the facts is totally fine.
Posting insults is not.
Jared is local to us, and could well be a member of the forum, we dont allow name calling and insults on other threads and they arent acceptable on this one either.

Message added by nikki-red

1 hour ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Try telling that to the thousands of people in Sheffield who suffered and are still suffering from George Osborne's austerity measures made possible by Clegg. 😡 

Or tell it to the thousands who pay no tax below £11,500, get universal free nursery care from the age of 3, get free school lunches in primary school, and drive around on newly resurfaced roads.

53 minutes ago, GingerR said:

You might not have wanted it but more wanted austerity than didn’t and that’s the way democracy works. Besides, I was under the impression austerity was a bit of a myth and the Tories have actually outspent Labour.

Personally I think benefit reform has been reasonable and has created a better society by ending benefits as a lifestyle choice which was hugely destructive.

The last Labour government ignored the working classes that actually, er, worked in favour of giving lots of money to people who didn’t work or contribute at all, frequently on spurious grounds for dubious health claims, really, you can see just why O’Mara is such a fan.

So a huge increase in the use of food banks and more people living on the streets has created a better society?

22 hours ago, Mister Gee said:

So a huge increase in the use of food banks and more people living on the streets has created a better society?

A huge increase in the use of food banks due to the huge increase in their availability and publicity. In reality, "austerity" took benefits back to those Dickensian times of the early to mid noughties.

More people living in the street? Fact check: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homelessness_in_England

See graph at the top. 

Also for your future question on figures since 2014, which mods keep deleting my response to, please see the link below to cover up to 2017, which still had lower homelessness levels than 2008 and over half the amount in 2003 (when Labour were in government).

https://fullfact.org/economy/homelessness-england/?amp=1

Edited by WiseOwl182

Does anyone know the reason  why  the boy wonder has to get all new staff ?

I think a constituent would be entitled to ask that very question.

13 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Does anyone know the reason  why  the boy wonder has to get all new staff ?

Yeah, he sacked the last lot apparently.

5 minutes ago, Bash Street said:

Yeah, he sacked the last lot apparently.

We know that  but why ?

Just now, hackey lad said:

We know that  but why ?

Sorry, I haven't got a clue.

5 minutes ago, nikki-red said:

Back on topic (Jared Omara) please.

Thank you

4 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Are you involved in any way with the benefit system. I can assure you that you are wrong, very wrong. Certainly "some" are using the system as a choice, but the methods used to identify these from those that certainly require help and assistance is like comparing a surgical scalpel with a two handed broadsword.

Angel. 

Well no, they’re not using the benefits system as a lifestyle choice now because it is not the comfortable choice it once was. As IDS said shortly after the Tories retook power, they wanted to make sure work paid and we were never in a situation where benefits paid better than working again.

Yes I claimed benefit in the early 00s and I have quite wide experience of people living in social housing in both Sheffield and London. Labour created a culture of benefits dependency in the hope people would keep voting for them to keep the cash coming.

And I do think it has changed society for the better. More families working with proper routines and the incentive to live orderly, productive lives has made a huge difference to levels of anti-social behaviour and feral children IMO because far less children are being popped out to act as little walking money bags for parents who have little interest in them beyond the cash they bring in.

Sorry, didn’t see those as I was typing a reply.

I didn’t know this was the second lot of staff he had let go, for someone elected on a Labour ticket that is appalling.

9 minutes ago, GingerR said:

Well no, they’re not using the benefits system as a lifestyle choice now because it is not the comfortable choice it once was. As IDS said shortly after the Tories retook power, they wanted to make sure work paid and we were never in a situation where benefits paid better than working again.

Yes I claimed benefit in the early 00s and I have quite wide experience of people living in social housing in both Sheffield and London. Labour created a culture of benefits dependency in the hope people would keep voting for them to keep the cash coming.

And I do think it has changed society for the better. More families working with proper routines and the incentive to live orderly, productive lives has made a huge difference to levels of anti-social behaviour and feral children IMO because far less children are being popped out to act as little walking money bags for parents who have little interest in them beyond the cash they bring in.

Sorry, didn’t see those as I was typing a reply.

I didn’t know this was the second lot of staff he had let go, for someone elected on a Labour ticket that is appalling.

Second lot of staff ? Do tell