Jared Omara MP ..

nikki-red

We understand that this is an emotive subject, and discussing the facts is totally fine.
Posting insults is not.
Jared is local to us, and could well be a member of the forum, we dont allow name calling and insults on other threads and they arent acceptable on this one either.

Message added by nikki-red

2 hours ago, taxman said:

He has now announced he is on hiatus whilst he finds new premises. So don't bother writing to him or anything.

Just need three words needed  from that post  " So don't bother "  .  A message from Taxman to Jareds  constituents  and a message from Jared to his constituents

10 hours ago, Colin Foster said:

Need a bi election now!

Now?   We needed one ages ago!   And before anyone asks, I didn't vote for this waste of oxygen. 

Are you still allowed to just sack an entire workforce at the drop of a hat?

Is there no mechanism to have rid of this tool?

No you generally have to break a law to warrant a recall petition being called.

Just being useless isn't enough.

1 hour ago, geared said:

No you generally have to break a law to warrant a recall petition being called.

Just being useless isn't enough.

I'm sorry but O'Mara's salary has just risen to £79,468 as of 01/04/2019 & he's representing his constituents in name only. 

He's certainly not giving the UK tax payers value for money.  

If he's got rid of all his staff, then he won't need to claim expenses for them. Or have I misunderstood the concept of fraud?

He’s an ex Labour politician and a far left Momentum backed one at that. Y’know, the party who are supposed to be all about representing the workers. Given that he appears to be treating his workforce like **** and has form as a poor employer and a homophobic misogynist to boot, his position is untenable. He has no respect for his constituents.

I hate to say it, but there’s a bit of poetic justice here. Nick Clegg is a good man and was a decent MP and the Lib Dems did the right and honourable thing by going into coalition with the largest party, he didn’t deserve the punishment he got at the ballot box, but I suspect in O’Mara his constituents may well have got the MP they deserved.

8 minutes ago, GingerR said:

Nick Clegg is a good man and was a decent MP and the Lib Dems did the right and honourable thing by going into coalition with the largest party, he didn’t deserve the punishment he got at the ballot box, 

Try telling that to the thousands of people in Sheffield who suffered and are still suffering from George Osborne's austerity measures made possible by Clegg. 😡 

Sacked all his staff and locked them out of the office?, Surely Steve Coogan can do him for plagiarism!, that was a scene straight out of Alan Partridge!

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/politics/sheffield-mp-jared-o-mara-sacks-all-of-his-staff-and-locks-them-out-of-his-office-1-9730094 

5 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Try telling that to the thousands of people in Sheffield who suffered and are still suffering from George Osborne's austerity measures made possible by Clegg. 😡 

You might not have wanted it but more wanted austerity than didn’t and that’s the way democracy works. Besides, I was under the impression austerity was a bit of a myth and the Tories have actually outspent Labour.

Personally I think benefit reform has been reasonable and has created a better society by ending benefits as a lifestyle choice which was hugely destructive.

The last Labour government ignored the working classes that actually, er, worked in favour of giving lots of money to people who didn’t work or contribute at all, frequently on spurious grounds for dubious health claims, really, you can see just why O’Mara is such a fan.