Jared Omara MP ..

nikki-red

We understand that this is an emotive subject, and discussing the facts is totally fine.
Posting insults is not.
Jared is local to us, and could well be a member of the forum, we dont allow name calling and insults on other threads and they arent acceptable on this one either.

Message added by nikki-red

4 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

I see the boy wonder is still  a cause of consternation

He is to you hackey.  I hope you're not on cyber probation?

He posted an update on his website today which was shared on the Facebook group for my postcode. It was a masterpiece of self-pity and arrogance. I guess he subsequently thought better of it because it's now been taken down but I hope plenty of people saw it because it was a valuable insight into his thinking.

20 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

How can you say that?

They are both still serving MPs and are both free of any party whip but she turned up and voted on the various proposals yesterday in line with her constituents wishes.

He didn't.

She's literally on probation right now, we've got a sitting MP who's just come out of prison and is on probation.

They're both free of the whip because they've been booted out of the party and shouldn't be an MP.

1 hour ago, geared said:

She's literally on probation right now, we've got a sitting MP who's just come out of prison and is on probation.

Yes and she's doing her job!

If she had said that she wasn't going to stand down but was going to continue drawing her salary but not bother representing her constituents in Parliament would that be better?

For better and for worse, some interesting points in this article:

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/sheffield-mp-jared-o-mara-likens-his-own-constituents-to-football-hooligans-who-smell-of-processed-meats-1-9680569

The insult called out in the headline shows poor judgement, but his points about making Parliament more disability friendly are thought provoking. I suprised myself reading it, I'm actually a bit more open to the man.

For anyone still counting, O'Mara attended Parliament and voted today, the vote was against the deal.

1 hour ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Yes and she's doing her job!

If she had said that she wasn't going to stand down but was going to continue drawing her salary but not bother representing her constituents in Parliament would that be better?

It's the only job she's got left though, she got herself disbarred so doesn't have a profession to go back to.

and lets be honest, she's only able to continue as an MP because she didn't meet the criteria for automatic dismissal, thats pretty poor in my eyes.

He has now announced he is on hiatus whilst he finds new premises. So don't bother writing to him or anything.

21 minutes ago, taxman said:

He has now announced he is on hiatus whilst he finds new premises. So don't bother writing to him or anything.

Has he not heard of right move?