Jared Omara MP ..

nikki-red

We understand that this is an emotive subject, and discussing the facts is totally fine.
Posting insults is not.
Jared is local to us, and could well be a member of the forum, we dont allow name calling and insults on other threads and they arent acceptable on this one either.

Message added by nikki-red

15 hours ago, PeteM01 said:

Very pleased to see that Jared voted this evening, with the Labour whip on Amendment 7. I would imagine that most of his constituents will also be pleased.

As an independant he can't get whipped, so he just voted the same as Labour.

Labour whipping on a vote has no bearing on him, he might not even know which way they're voting unless someone tells him.

21 hours ago, crazyhorse said:

I'm afraid that politicians of all sides have now lost my support.

It started with the expenses scandal and it has ended with the lack of respect for a democratic decision made by the public.
It doesn't matter which side wins, the only important issue is to accept the decision and to appear to accept the decision.
Resising that decision to protect personal interests is the road to totalitarianism.
I have voted for all parties in my time on this planet and have now concluded the entire system stinks.

At every election from now on, I have therefore decided to draw a continuous line through all the boxes on the form and write NONE in large letters across the ballot form.
Hopefully over the years, more and more people will do this and the newspapers will start to question why so many ballots are being rejected and for what reason.

I do not want them to mark my protest down as "uncertain voter intentions" and so I urge anyone interested in doing the same thing, to read up a little on how to make a clear protest vote on a ballot paper without ambiguity.

Finally, if I see anyone delivering any political leaflets to my house (currently it seems to be agents for the LibDems), I will follow them up the street and kindly hand it back, explaining politely that I will resume my side of the bargain and legitimise their position by voting for them, when they finally accept the true meaning of the word democracy.

I want them to accept the Demos (People) side...they only appear to desire the Kratos (Power) side.

Either we are a democracy or we are not.

Currently I think we are no more a democracy than Russia.

Well said.  I have done this also for the police commissioner post as I view it as a major political change the electorate was ignored on. 

It was just a giveaway job to stick some party member into a nice well paid job, why else would you politicise the position??

Edited by geared

1 hour ago, geared said:

It was just a giveaway job to stick some party member into a nice well paid job, why else would you politicise the position??

It was always my belief Conservatives introduced PCCs to have a locally appointed 'fall-guy/girl' who could take the flack for police failings rather than central government. I have seen little evidence to dissuade me from this view - the Mayor of London (who assumes de facto PCC status) is doing a sterling job of this.

On 08/01/2019 at 20:56, WiseOwl182 said:

I won't be pleased until we can boot him out at the next election. Labour should never have won Hallam in the first place, and hopefully he has made it the first and last time.

Well said You!

On 08/01/2019 at 20:56, WiseOwl182 said:

I won't be pleased until we can boot him out at the next election. Labour should never have won Hallam in the first place, and hopefully he has made it the first and last time.

Taking Mr O'Mara out of the equation, what do you mean by Labour should never have won Hallam in the first place? Is it a 'Labour no go area'? I know there's some affluent parts of the ward and it's traditionally been a Conservative stronghold till 2000s but don't get why it shouldn't vote Labour.

Anyone still worried about Parliament activity, your MP voted in last nights Brexit deal and the amendment tabled before it, voting against both.

good for him, i hope it wasn't too rowdy and noisy for him though (or does that only apply to PMQ's?)

10 hours ago, Eccy Beach said:

Taking Mr O'Mara out of the equation, what do you mean by Labour should never have won Hallam in the first place? Is it a 'Labour no go area'? I know there's some affluent parts of the ward and it's traditionally been a Conservative stronghold till 2000s but don't get why it shouldn't vote Labour.

It is one of the most affluent areas in the country and a lot of people here voting Labour were doing so because voting Tory (and now Lib Dem) is unfashionable. Many were protesting against Clegg too. They are not Labour *policy* supporters in the main. The Labour vote is also bumped up by the constituency having some pockets of students, though most are actually in Sheffield Central. The Lib Dems also suffered from Tory voters who lent Clegg their vote in 2015 switching back to the Tories in 2017.

20 hours ago, geared said:

Anyone still worried about Parliament activity, your MP voted in last nights Brexit deal and the amendment tabled before it, voting against both.

And he has no confidence in Theresa may's government...

I see Jared abstained in all the votes last night......the first opportunity for MPs to demonstrate how they would like to get us out of the current mess. Was it too noisy for him, or was he just not there? Meanwhile he continues to pocket his salary to represent the voters of Hallam.