Jared Omara MP ..

nikki-red

We understand that this is an emotive subject, and discussing the facts is totally fine.
Posting insults is not.
Jared is local to us, and could well be a member of the forum, we dont allow name calling and insults on other threads and they arent acceptable on this one either.

Message added by nikki-red

Really easy, pop your post code in here if he is your MP and all will be revealed. I have used the site several times and it tells all about your MP.

https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/

Angel1.

Does it have the daily attendance record? I can't seem to find it?

You could go through the Recent Appearances bit and tot it up perhaps?

---------- Post added 06-11-2018 at 12:05 ----------

The statement that he has refused to attend parliament due to shouting is wrong.

To help clear this up the exact quote is:

with things such as shouting, when everyone is heckling, the aggression and the loud noises mean I cannot cope. I have only been to Prime Minister’s questions once because of all the shouting.

That quote was from 22-Oct-18, he assumed office in June of 2017, so would have appeared to only have attended PMQ's once in roughly a year and a half.

Edited by geared

Guest makapaka
Does it have the daily attendance record? I can't seem to find it?

You could go through the Recent Appearances bit and tot it up perhaps?

---------- Post added 06-11-2018 at 12:05 ----------

To help clear this up the exact quote is:

That quote was from 22-Oct-18, he assumed office in June of 2017, so would have appeared to only have attended PMQ's once in roughly a year and a half.

There's nothing to clear up really. The previous assertion was the he had refused to attend parliament which is incorrect.

Your post only makes reference to PMQ's which is different to attending parliament. Jared O'Mara is not alone in stating that the way PMQ's is conducted has led to them not attending.

So it would appear we agree that the statement that he had refused to attend parliament was wrong.

Edited by makapaka

Okay so;

The statement that he has not been to parliament since Dec 17 is wrong.

The statement that he has refused to attend parliament due to shouting is wrong.

Whatever people think of Jared O'Mara it's wrong to spread false news.

who has stated that he hasn't attended since Dec 17?

You created that datum point when it was posted with reference about Jared refusing to attend parliament on doctors orders.

you called it old news and stated "Yes this was news back in December but the current discussion is about prime ministers questions " (post 1208). No one has stated that he hasnt attended have they apart from you creating this position.

Its been evidenced that he is refusing to attend PMQ's because of the "shouting" as evidenced in the Hansard report of 23 Oct so that position appears to still stand considering he said it himself less than 2 weeks ago.

There is evidence from last Dec that he would not be attending parliament. As far as i can see this hasn't been rebuked by O'Mara since. He may have attended Parliament but his voting record is low, he appears to be doing nothing for his constituents (i am not one but have seen very little positive comments on his actions on here or elsewhere.)

Its not fake news, you have created your own argument which you are adopting as verbatim to your point. you challenged the Eminem comment in an earlier post and when that was evidenced you then changed track.

Im not condoning any comments about Jared that are negative or positive but the record speaks for himself based on the evidence he is creating.

Do you think he's doing a good job and should retain his position?

Guest makapaka
who has stated that he hasn't attended since Dec 17?

You created that datum point when it was posted with reference about Jared refusing to attend parliament on doctors orders.

you called it old news and stated "Yes this was news back in December but the current discussion is about prime ministers questions " (post 1208). No one has stated that he hasnt attended have they apart from you creating this position.

Its been evidenced that he is refusing to attend PMQ's because of the "shouting" as evidenced in the Hansard report of 23 Oct so that position appears to still stand considering he said it himself less than 2 weeks ago.

There is evidence from last Dec that he would not be attending parliament. As far as i can see this hasn't been rebuked by O'Mara since. He may have attended Parliament but his voting record is low, he appears to be doing nothing for his constituents (i am not one but have seen very little positive comments on his actions on here or elsewhere.)

Its not fake news, you have created your own argument which you are adopting as verbatim to your point. you challenged the Eminem comment in an earlier post and when that was evidenced you then changed track.

Im not condoning any comments about Jared that are negative or positive but the record speaks for himself based on the evidence he is creating.

Do you think he's doing a good job and should retain his position?

No. This isn't correct either.

#1209 above said that he hadn't attended since Dec 17.

He has attended parliament since Dec 17 - so it's incorrect to say so. i.e. fake news.

He didn't say he would refuse to attend parliament - so it's incorrect to say so. i.e. fake news.

I don't have any opinion on his performance really, i'm not a consitutuent and he doesn't represent the party I vote for either. It seems like some people on here don't rate his performance clearly.

None of this means people can make stuff up about him though - which other people might then read and believe.

No it didn't, it simply asks the question.

Has he attended Parliament since December 2017, though?

You clearly have a problem understanding what Fake News is as well :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

He has attended parliament since Dec 17 - so it's incorrect to say so. i.e. fake news.

He didn't say he would refuse to attend parliament - so it's incorrect to say so. i.e. fake news.

Guest makapaka
No it didn't, it simply asks the question.

You clearly have a problem understanding what Fake News is as well :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The inference is clear as supported by the other subsequent posts asking where this came from.

No. This isn't correct either.

I don't have any opinion on his performance really, i'm not a consitutuent and he doesn't represent the party I vote for either. It seems like some people on here don't rate his performance clearly.

None of this means people can make stuff up about him though - which other people might then read and believe.

Post 1209 - "Has he attended Parliament since December 2017, though?"

That's a question, not a statement is it not?

If the post read "he hasn't attended Parliament since Dec 2017" then yes you can decry that as fake news (if you can provide evidence of his attendance) but i think you have mis-interpreted the post if you don't think its a question.

Would you agree?

Guest makapaka
Post 1209 - "Has he attended Parliament since December 2017, though?"

That's a question, not a statement is it not?

If the post read "he hasn't attended Parliament since Dec 2017" then yes you can decry that as fake news (if you can provide evidence of his attendance) but i think you have mis-interpreted the post if you don't think its a question.

Would you agree?

I agree to a point - there is a question mark.

I think the inference was that he hadn't attended though, given that it was followed with the statement

"I see him as being in the same 'elected but inoperative in HoC' category as Sinn Fein MPs."

Its a moot point anyway - I only raised it as you accused me of coming up with the December 17 date and I was highlighting where it came from.

The underlying point i'm making, which is where this all started, is that the statement that he has refused to attend parliament due to shouting is wrong.

The underlying point i'm making, which is where this all started, is that the statement that he has refused to attend parliament due to shouting is wrong.

but you're the one that keeps making that statement??

No-one else has said that, he has attended Parliament since December but has only been to one PMQ's.

Guest makapaka
but you're the one that keeps making that statement??

No-one else has said that, he has attended Parliament since December but has only been to one PMQ's.

See post #1193 (as an example)

That was my post. When I said "can't be done" I did mean it in a more figurative and general way, rather than a specific matter.

I have no idea if he's attended Parliament since December - it is indeed PMQs that he says he cannot attend. Does anyone know if he has attended Parliament? I would suggest it seems unlikely, given that he's missed important votes such as Universal Credit.

and which part of that makes the claims you've stated??

he statement that he has refused to attend parliament due to shouting is wrong.

I don't see that in post #1193

Just been to the Washington. Jared drinking there- didn't seem too bothered by the fact it was rammed packed, had loud music and a dance floor....

Very tempted to make a comment to him but thought bettter of it. His 'disabilities' don't seem to stop him drinking in this environment.....

Getting drunk on a dancefloor- OK.

Attending parliament- can't be done.

Absolutely disgraceful.

No such claim was made by Paula, don't put words into peoples mouths, it's plain rude.