Jared Omara MP ..

nikki-red

We understand that this is an emotive subject, and discussing the facts is totally fine.
Posting insults is not.
Jared is local to us, and could well be a member of the forum, we dont allow name calling and insults on other threads and they arent acceptable on this one either.

Message added by nikki-red

Just been to the Washington. Jared drinking there- didn't seem too bothered by the fact it was rammed packed, had loud music and a dance floor....

Very tempted to make a comment to him but thought bettter of it. His 'disabilities' don't seem to stop him drinking in this environment.....

Getting drunk on a dancefloor- OK.

Attending parliament- can't be done.

Absolutely disgraceful.

Just been to the Washington. Jared drinking there- didn't seem too bothered by the fact it was rammed packed, had loud music and a dance floor....

Very tempted to make a comment to him but thought bettter of it. His 'disabilities' don't seem to stop him drinking in this environment.....

Absolutely disgraceful.

Shame, I would have taken the opportunity to politely mention it. Maybe I would have taken a picture and popped it in to a local newspaper perhaps.

The man is clearly playing the disability card and taking the Michael.

He is supposed to be a public servant paid from us taxpayers to do a job.

Since he clearly cant be sacked a bit of PR damage might make him and his "people" take notice.

Reputation Management seems to outweigh over everything else these days.

Shame, I would have taken the opportunity to politely mention it. Maybe I would have taken a picture and popped it in to a local newspaper perhaps.

The man is clearly playing the disability card and taking the Michael.

He is supposed to be a public servant paid from us taxpayers to do a job.

Since he clearly cant be sacked a bit of PR damage might make him and his "people" take notice.

Reputation Management seems to outweigh over everything else these days.

I do actually regret not at least taking a couple of photos- but then really what's the point? Everyone already knows his game- no one believes a word he says, and knowa he's full of rubbish so a few pics of him on a night out are trivial really.

This makes me really angry. As a lifelong labour voter and Hallam resident for 20 years I was over the moon when labour won here and was delighted for Omara.

I reckon labour didn’t think he had a chance and maybe didn’t vet his past as closely as they should. He has done the square root of **** all for this constituency and the sooner he does the decent thing the better. Is there no mechanism to oust him? Petition? Online campaign? Does he hold surgeries at all, has anyone a good word to say about him?

Guest makapaka

Absolutely disgraceful.

I read the article on his comments about parliament.

I couldn’t find anything on him saying he can’t attend parliament - only that at that point he had only attended one PMQ’s due to the shouting etc.

Here’s an article which also criticises it

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/generalelection/prime-ministers-questions-11-reasons-why-it-epitomises-the-worst-in-british-politics-10133350.html

I have no particular like for Jared O’Mara but you seem to take every opportunity to bash him - including misquoting him at every opportunity.

You now want to criticise him for doing what you were doing last night seemingly - very strange.

I have no particular like for Jared O’Mara but you seem to take every opportunity to bash him - including misquoting him at every opportunity.

You now want to criticise him for doing what you were doing last night seemingly - very strange.

Unless I'm mistaken Paula hasn't at any time mentioned that she can't perform certain elements of whatever work she is paid to do due to an aversion to shouting and loud noise. Therefore (unlike the Honourable Member under discussion) I can't see any reason why she should avoid busy noisy pubs.

Edited by Martin C

I read the article on his comments about parliament.

I couldn’t find anything on him saying he can’t attend parliament - only that at that point he had only attended one PMQ’s due to the shouting etc.

Here’s an article which also criticises it

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/generalelection/prime-ministers-questions-11-reasons-why-it-epitomises-the-worst-in-british-politics-10133350.html

She seems obsessional to me.

Edited by Hammerstein

Guest makapaka
Unless I'm mistaken Paula hasn't at any time mentioned that she can't perform certain elements of whatever work she is paid to do due to an aversion to shouting and loud noise. Therefore (unlike the Honourable Member under discussion) I can't see any reason why she shouldn't avoid busy noisy pubs.

They misquoted that he said he wouldn’t attend parliament which is incorrect.

That’s the important bit.

Not the slightly flawed comparison between going out for a drink in the Washington with your mates and attending prime ministers questions.

I can't believe this thread is still running. How tedious.

1186 posts from the same people saying the same things over and over and..........

Who's Jared Omara?

Who's Jared Omara?

No good asking anyone in Parliament at least- how could they recognise someone who's not in attendance?

Methinks he would be easy to pick out in a crowd if you had seen his photo or spied him on the telly.

I would agree with a previous poster who intimated that if he could attend a busy drinking establishment with all its noise, then Parliament should be a doddle. It's only busy on a Wednesday for half an hour for PM's questions. Then I assume it's all hands to the bars and restaurants for a bite of subsidised lunch and ale.

Thanks to Mail Online for the following.

"The net subsidy at the House of Commons reached £3.1million in 2017-18, according to the latest accounts.

That was up from £2.9million the previous year, and £2.5million the year before.

However, it is still lower than the eye-watering £4.5million bill from 2013-14.

Meanwhile, the House of Lords saw its subsidy increase to £1.35million."

Who would not like the job of an MP I wonder. Seems our Jared is on the gravy train for 5 years, unless some kind of disaster looms ahead. (General Election)

Angel1.