Jared Omara MP ..

nikki-red

We understand that this is an emotive subject, and discussing the facts is totally fine.
Posting insults is not.
Jared is local to us, and could well be a member of the forum, we dont allow name calling and insults on other threads and they arent acceptable on this one either.

Message added by nikki-red

I hate politics because of the low life people it attracts. Jared has done an excellent job of trying to stick it out in spite of his Autism. It must be hell at PMQ's, worse than being the only teacher at a primary school.

He's not there to 'stick it out'. He's not up to the job and should make way for someone who is.

Please feel free to explain why you feel he has done an "excellent job".

He appears to have done absolutely nothing - he didn't even manage to vote on Universal Credit.

I'm intrigued as to what you feel he has been "excellent" at?

I think the excellent component the poster was mentioning was sticking it out. Or to the rest of us means not having the honour to resign completely and having a by election.

I would love to see if the poster can provide us with anything else that he has done.

I hate politics because of the low life people it attracts. Jared has done an excellent job of trying to stick it out in spite of his Autism. It must be hell at PMQ's, worse than being the only teacher at a primary school.

How has he represented his constituents? After all that's what he's there for

next joke please

Well the lad himself was on the Sunday Politics today. It soon became clear why he's 'sticking it out'. He'd never get a job in the real world that pays so well.

Best keep quiet in future, Jared.

Well the lad himself was on the Sunday Politics today. It soon became clear why he's 'sticking it out'. He'd never get a job in the real world that pays so well.

Best keep quiet in future, Jared.

I have to admit that after watching his performance on telly this morning he does not come across as MP material. But 5 years in Westminster (unless May causes another election) at £70k a year and the " perks " adds up to a considerable ammount of brass. Hand on heart, what working class guy with Omara's ailments would throw the towel in and go back to the dole, not many I bet.

As I have said before (I think) the blame for Omara getting onto the train of plenty must fall on the, let's face it, fools who voted for him.

Angel1.

Yea if you offered the same gig to anyone else you'd find few people who'd turn it down.

£70k a year plus expenses for doing jot-all??? Sign me up!

As I have said before (I think) the blame for Omara getting onto the train of plenty must fall on the, let's face it, fools who voted for him. Angel1.

More it was the local party who campaigned brilliantly for Oliver Coppard at the previous election then selected a man they barely knew, yet carried on campaigning. That was aided and abetted by Nick Clegg's campaign team who deluged households with literature, often 2 or 3 leaflets a day, warning the natural Tory element in the community (many of whom had become disenchanted by the last Tory MP) that a vote for the Conservative candidate would let Labour in. It did!

The figures suggest a lot found the possibilty of turning Hallam back to blue, even if it risked red, was a risk worth taking. With hindsight many must regret voting the way they did. Many who voted red must now regret not having voted blue or yellow - but if the party selectors didn't know their candidate, how were voters supposed to know?

ANGELFIRE1-I have to admit that after watching his performance on telly this morning he does not come across as MP material. But 5 years in Westminster (unless May causes another election) at £70k a year and the " perks " adds up to a considerable ammount of brass. Hand on heart, what working class guy with Omara's ailments would throw the towel in and go back to the dole, not many I bet.

As I have said before (I think) the blame for Omara getting onto the train of plenty must fall on the, let's face it, fools who voted for him.

Angel1.

I think you have made a couple of valid points.But even the "fools" so you call them would possibly vote differently in hindsight.I am sure that Labour would do things differently had someone done their job correctly. Perhaps every one who voted for O Mara knew anything about him or his past and would have expected due diligence from Labour as it was them who put him forward. Especially in the light of all these new found ailments and challenges that seem to be now affecting him.Allowing a person with such challenges to take up such a position I think is commendable as it could have proven to a lot of business people that people with such challenges have a worth and skills to offer.Sadly this guy has probably put that thought at the back of business owners mind to the detriment of others with a disability.To remove him from all this pressure I am sure that his family could have a word and get him to do the decent thing and stand down NOW...... and retain a little pride and dignity. I did not see his interviews on Sunday.But his arrogance continues by getting air time to tell people that he is unsure of him standing again for re election . I am though somewhat surprised not to have seen any comment from his constituents,though I may have missed them.

Previous election

Lib-dem : 22,215

Lab : 19,862

Con : 7,544

Con nearly doubled their vote from previous. partially from Lib dem which gave Labour the win. Some ex LD will have voted Labour as well but the turnout was higher than previous.

---------- Post added 26-10-2018 at 09:31 ----------

So Jared this morning is on the news saying that if there was an election called he may not stand.

Why not just vacate the seat and force a by-election now?

or is the 70K a year too much to resist

I would say yes, it is. :suspect:

Now he is an "independent" is there any requirement for him to actually do anything? When he was under the whip i presume he would have had to vote when called upon. But now as he doesn't really answer to anyone can he just sit at home and not attend parliament or meet his constituents at all for the next couple of years?

Edited by sheffbag

Now he is an "independent" is there any requirement for him to actually do anything? When he was under the whip i presume he would have had to vote when called upon. But now as he doesn't really answer to anyone can he just sit at home and not attend parliament or meet his constituents at all for the next couple of years?

Or better still resign (Chiltern Hundreds), sit at home, and watch BBC Parliament channel.