Jared Omara MP ..

nikki-red

We understand that this is an emotive subject, and discussing the facts is totally fine.
Posting insults is not.
Jared is local to us, and could well be a member of the forum, we dont allow name calling and insults on other threads and they arent acceptable on this one either.

Message added by nikki-red

I’m pleased to see the push for mental health awareness is alive and well on this thread......

As someone has pointed out, his autism was remarkably not an issue when he ran and DJ'd at a live music venue. Do you not find that odd?

As someone has pointed out, his autism was remarkably not an issue when he ran and DJ'd at a live music venue. Do you not find that odd?

Hasn't seem to have stopped him visiting loud and busy bars and pubs recently either. Shouting drunks clearly aren't a problem....

The guy is unbelievable really. Absolutely ANY excuse will do.

or with all the Rock Concerts he was going to as a lad.

Well that's all fine and dandy but he isn't currently a member of any committees either.

I don't imagine he will ever get invited to serve on any parliamentary committees unless he is seen to make campaign or use his position as an MP to lobby for something. Politics is full of clever energetic people from all sides, if he gets a reputation for not being very "switched on" or lacking energy or enthusiasm. He will never make any mark and will have a brief time there.

Guest makapaka

I don’t know I’m not an expert on autism and its impact are you?

Did you know his 'autism' is self-diagnosed?...

His cerebral palsy is legit, but that's a physical impairment.

Jared is just a nasty piece of work. He gives disabled people a bad name by constantly citing it as an excuse for his simple bad behaviour.

Guest makapaka
Did you know his 'autism' is self-diagnosed?...

His cerebral palsy is legit, but that's a physical impairment.

Jared is just a nasty piece of work. He gives disabled people a bad name by constantly citing it as an excuse for his simple bad behaviour.

No - the only thing I could find was that he was diagnosed with autism.

Yes I am. I once authored a scientific paper on ‘Autism: how to use it justify not doing my £70000 a year job, while managing its symptoms in shouty nightclubs and bars.’

Sadly only one person read it. In Hallam.

Yes I am. I once authored a scientific paper on ‘Autism: how to use it justify not doing my £70000 a year job, while managing its symptoms in shouty nightclubs and bars.’

Sadly only one person read it. In Hallam.

Who was that single reader? I first thought you might mean Jared but he doesn't have either his home or office in Hallam so it must be someone else.

A genuine question, to those that don't think he's a joke: why do you think that?

I'm struggling to see anything he's done or said that remotely commands respect. of any sort. I especially dislike him using an illness to explain away any criticism of him, as if all the other MPs who have issues of some sort don't matter.

He seems to have done nothing whatsoever - other than made offensive comments.

I'm really interested as to why anyone, regardless of their political leanings, would have any liking for him.....

Guest makapaka
A genuine question, to those that don't think he's a joke: why do you think that?

I'm struggling to see anything he's done or said that remotely commands respect. of any sort. I especially dislike him using an illness to explain away any criticism of him, as if all the other MPs who have issues of some sort don't matter.

He seems to have done nothing whatsoever - other than made offensive comments.

I'm really interested as to why anyone, regardless of their political leanings, would have any liking for him.....

There’s a difference between liking someone - or not agreeing with someone calling someone else a fat lazy blob faking mental illness isn’t there?

Remember it was abusive posts that Jared O’Mara got in trouble for in the first place - kinda ironic that now people think it’s ok to do it after all.

muddycoffee

Surely the candidates are selected by the political parties not the electorate. The Local labour party clearly failed to do any due diligence in Omara's case.

i suspect they thought they knew what they were doing.

at what seemed like the peak of the anti-Libdem backlash, Oliver Coppard didn't win the Hallam seat.

Coppard would be a great MP; he's intelligent, hard working, he's a genuinely good person, he listens, he's involved with local issues. etc, etc.

Nick Clegg still won, Coppard has moved onto better things. Labour used up a strong card putting him forward for election

fast forward a few years, another General Election. what would be the point in playing another strong card against Nick Clegg?

So they played the O'Mara card. obviously he wasn't going to win, but that's ok, you need to pick your battles.

whoops, he won...