Jared Omara MP ..

nikki-red

We understand that this is an emotive subject, and discussing the facts is totally fine.
Posting insults is not.
Jared is local to us, and could well be a member of the forum, we dont allow name calling and insults on other threads and they arent acceptable on this one either.

Message added by nikki-red

November the 2nd is the deadline for Labour members to register their interest at being the next Labour representative for Hallam.

Oh, as long as you are female. It's an all female short list apparently, and considering Jared is still the MP and will be until he quits (yeah right) or the next election, it could be a long time before anyone gets to vote for you..

Interesting to see that Liebour clearly accepts that sexual discrimination is still acceptable.

November the 2nd is the deadline for Labour members to register their interest at being the next Labour representative for Hallam.

Oh, as long as you are female. It's an all female short list apparently, and considering Jared is still the MP and will be until he quits (yeah right) or the next election, it could be a long time before anyone gets to vote for you..

Self I.D. if necessary.

As we now know it's fairly easy to qualify as a woman, you just have to say it.

Bit like Beetlejuice.

Self I.D. if necessary.

As we now know it's fairly easy to qualify as a woman, you just have to say it.

Bit like Beetlejuice.

Playing devils advocate it would be interesting if someone did that to see what reaction they got.

Why an all female shortlist? Trying to eradicate any link with Jared's comments?

Seems like it doesn't it, they want rid and everything to do with him.

I guess we'll see if the electorate will engage their brain and select a decent candidate this time, instead of voting for their favourite colour and getting a useless pig in return.

I guess we'll see if the electorate will engage their brain and select a decent candidate this time, instead of voting for their favourite colour and getting a useless pig in return.

Surely the candidates are selected by the political parties not the electorate. The Local labour party clearly failed to do any due diligence in Omara's case.

Surely the candidates are selected by the political parties not the electorate.

Only to select the candidate to put forward for the election.

Come election time you then vote for the candidate, not the party.

Thats what got everyone here in the first place, blindly voting for Labour when the candidate was an idiot.

You can put the blame solely on Labour, it's the electorate who voted for him.

You're voting for the person you wish to represent you in Parliament, it's upto you to make sure you select someone who can do the job properly.

Edited by geared

I think that is an obscure view of general elections.

When most people vote in a general election, they usually either vote for the same party come what may, vote tactically to keep someone else out or they make a decision to vote due to the national party's manifesto commitments.

If you are accustomed to reading the CV of each of your prospective candidates and examining their social media back 10 years then you must either be a stalker, have nothing to do or be a very unusual person with an unhealthy interest in politics in my view.

Jared is in the news again, saying he has only been to PMQT once because 'the shouting' affects his autism.

Oh dear. Could it instead be because he's a lazy good-for-nothing feckless blob who has achieved the square root of nothing as an MP?

Jared is in the news again, saying he has only been to PMQT once because 'the shouting' affects his autism.

Oh dear. Could it instead be because he's a lazy good-for-nothing feckless blob who has achieved the square root of nothing as an MP?

Someone whose previous job was DJ-ing at a rock bar has said "loud noises mean I cannot cope"

:hihi:

Actually, if I was an MP I probably would not go to PMQs either as it is utterly pointless. The Prime minister never answers a question and it just a load of pointless shouting with a commentary on social media and the political news channels as if it is a sports contest. We never learn anything other than how politicians can't tell jokes.

It seems that he real work in parliament is done in the committees. That is where interesting things can be found out. Where wrong doing in public life is found out and where people are invited to give an account of their actions.

Actually, if I was an MP I probably would not go to PMQs either as it is utterly pointless. The Prime minister never answers a question and it just a load of pointless shouting with a commentary on social media and the political news channels as if it is a sports contest. We never learn anything other than how politicians can't tell jokes.

It seems that he real work in parliament is done in the committees. That is where interesting things can be found out. Where wrong doing in public life is found out and where people are invited to give an account of their actions.

Well that's all fine and dandy but he isn't currently a member of any committees either.

Guest makapaka

I’m pleased to see the push for mental health awareness is alive and well on this thread......