Jared Omara MP ..

nikki-red

We understand that this is an emotive subject, and discussing the facts is totally fine.
Posting insults is not.
Jared is local to us, and could well be a member of the forum, we dont allow name calling and insults on other threads and they arent acceptable on this one either.

Message added by nikki-red

Yes we WILL see.

He should be given a chance now.

Sit back, take a deep breath and give him time to make his mark.

I find your aggression towards him disturbing.

Do you not believe that everyone, regardless of disability or previous mistakes, should be given a chance ?

I may be forced to eat my words in the future but Jared should be given a chance now.

---------- Post added 25-07-2018 at 17:34 ----------

How many people live in his constituency ?

I doubt there are many of them who bother posting on SF tbh.

Have you asked them all what they think ?

You might be surprised to hear that not everyone shares the same opinion as you.

Aggression? I don't think anyone is being aggressive (other than Jared). There's nothing on this thread that is aggressive, to my mind.

I think people just feel he's not a nice person, and a waste of time and space as an MP. Nothing aggressive in that.

Aggression? I don't think anyone is being aggressive (other than Jared). There's nothing on this thread that is aggressive, to my mind.

I think people just feel he's not a nice person, and a waste of time and space as an MP. Nothing aggressive in that.

Who are these people ?

Have you/they ever met Jared ?

Who are these people ?

Who are these people? There's a lot of them posting on this thread. That covers some of them.

A few of them are here too: https://www.change.org/p/jared-o-mara-mp-jared-o-mara-mp-resign-as-a-member-of-parliament-immediately

I don't see too many people being too happy with the way his tenure has gone really, do you?

Have I met him? No. Why? Does that make a difference?

Have others met him? I have absolutely no idea. Some of them I expect have! Again, does it make a difference? He may be pleasant to meet - doesn't mean he isn't a useless MP, with some dodgy views.

Edited by paula4sheff

Who are these people? There's a lot of them posting on this thread. That covers some of them.

A few of them are here too: https://www.change.org/p/jared-o-mara-mp-jared-o-mara-mp-resign-as-a-member-of-parliament-immediately

I don't see too many people being too happy with the way his tenure is gone really, do you?

Have I met him? No. Why? Does that make a difference?[/QUOTE]

Of course it does.

I am amazed you think that it doesn't.

Do you believe everything you are fed ? Do you never go out and do your own research ?

I don't see too many people being too happy with the way his tenure is gone really, do you?

Have I met him? No. Why? Does that make a difference?[/QUOTE]

Of course it does.

I am amazed you think that it doesn't.

Do you believe everything you are fed ? Do you never go out and do your own research ?

What an odd thing to say!

If someone is nice to you, do they get a free pass for everything else? Does it erase the facts? I'm sure the likes of Gary Glitter were very nice to meet. Fred West apparently was very pleasant. You want to "do your own research" on them before making your mind up about their actions?!

"Do you believe everything you are fed" is rather Donald Trump isn't it?! Next you'll be telling us that Jared not showing up and doing any work is all "fake news" that us "sheep" are believing!

There's no conspiracy here - he hasn't done anything as an MP and made a load of dodgy remarks.

Smiling and shaking my hand doesn't change that I'm afraid!

What an odd thing to say!

If someone is nice to you, do they get a free pass for everything else? Does it erase the facts? I'm sure the likes of Gary Glitter were very nice to meet. Fred West apparently was very pleasant. You want to "do your own research" on them before making your mind up about their actions?!

"Do you believe everything you are fed" is rather Donald Trump isn't it?! Next you'll be telling us that Jared not showing up and doing any work is all "fake news" that us "sheep" are believing!

There's no conspiracy here - he hasn't done anything as an MP and made a load of dodgy remarks.

Smiling and shaking my hand doesn't change that I'm afraid!

Nothing odd about meeting someone and forming an opinion of your own rather then believing everything you are drip fed on SF.

What do you actually know about the man except for things you have read and believed on the internet ?

Edited by Daven

Nothing odd about meeting someone and forming an opinion of your own rather then believing everything you are drip fed on SF.

I think that's how the Trump/Putin meeting went....

"He seemed like a nice man, and said he didn't hack anything, so I believe him."

Back in the real world, most people don't form all of their opinions based on whether someone is smiling and pleasant to them.

I'm not quite sure why you think people's views on Jared O'Mara come exclusively from SF either.....this was a national news story. People are also fully capable of forming opinions that aren't "drip fed" to them on a forum.

In this case their opinions have been formed by some homophobic and sexist comments, followed by a track record of doing absolutely nothing, before leaving his political party. All of this is documented.

Personally I'd take those actions as evidence that he isn't a great MP over whether I met him and he seemed an OK guy!

I honestly couldn't care less about what else I know about him - I'm not going to be dating the guy! For all I know he looks after animals, loves his Mum and helps old ladies across the road. Is he a good MP? No.

Edited by paula4sheff

Who are these people ?

I've known him fairly well over the years. He's all the bad things people say about him and worse.

He's a nasty nightclub bouncer who has fluked his way into a cushty job he can't get sacked from for 5 years, effectively thieving our taxes.

Good for you.

I hope that your thorough research of this man and your rigid views of him are not totally founded on internet hype and prejudice.

You are entitled to your opinion.

Have a nice evening X

Edited by Daven

Good for you.

I hope that your thorough research of this man and your rigid views of him are not totally founded on internet hype and prejudice.

Have a nice evening X

Depends if you define 'commons attendance figures' as 'internet hype' and BBC news articles about his behavior as 'prejudice' doesn't it?

I don't think many people would.....but in this age of discrediting every fact, figure and reputable news item as 'fake' to support some very dubious world views and behavior, then who knows?!

Depends if you define 'commons attendance figures' as 'internet hype' and BBC news articles about his behavior as 'prejudice' doesn't it?

I don't think many people would.....but in this age of discrediting every fact, figure and reputable news item as 'fake' to support some very dubious world views and behavior, then who knows?!

Exactly so - who knows ?

I think I do but I couldn't possibly discuss Lib Dem tactics :D

Nothing personal Paula.

Take care chick x :wave:

Exactly so - who knows ?

I think I do but I couldn't possibly discuss Lib Dem tactics :D

Nothing personal Paula.

Take care chick x :wave:

I have no idea what you're on about. Say Hi to Jared for us!