Jared Omara MP ..

nikki-red

We understand that this is an emotive subject, and discussing the facts is totally fine.
Posting insults is not.
Jared is local to us, and could well be a member of the forum, we dont allow name calling and insults on other threads and they arent acceptable on this one either.

Message added by nikki-red

He's gone up one step in my estimation. Time will tell .

"I'm delighted today to finally be able to make my maiden speech as the MP for the constituency where I grew up, Sheffield Hallam.

"I was elected a year ago as Hallam's first Labour MP but due to mistakes I made when I was young, and for which I am truly sorry and hurt a lot of people, I've been unable to speak in the House with confidence until now and I currently speak in the capacity of an independent.

"In addition to this, I am also Parliament's very first autistic MP as well as having cerebral palsy and other disabilities. This is something which fills me with immense pride and it is an honour for me to have the chance to represent our country's disabled people in addition to serving my constituents.

Mr O'Mara praised his Liberal Democrat predecessor Sir Nick Clegg for his 'admirable and steadfast belief in the value of our membership in the European Union' and commitment to multiculturalism, noting he shared both of these.

He added: "I may, of course, be biased but Sheffield Hallam is quite possibly one of the most beautiful and greenest constituencies in the country."

The Independent MP also praised the sports stars which have emerged from his constituency, including 'the best right-back in football' Kyle Walker.

He offered the warm tribute to the England star 'even though I am an Owl and he is a Blade' - in recognition of his support for Sheffield Wednesday and Walker's for Sheffield United.

He said Sheffield Hallam 'gets unfairly typecast as one of the least diverse and most wealthy' constitutencies in the north but said he'd had the 'privilege of meeting people from all walks of life' since being elected.

Mr O'Mara, 36, said: "Hallam is the epitome of multiculturalism as is the city of Sheffield as a whole and I am very proud to call it home."

He also spoke of what can be learned from the teachings of Jesus, although said he considers himself "a man of science".

Mr O'Mara said: "He was a man who forgave those who truly repented and he shares my belief that our utmost human priority should be helping those who are most disadvantaged and vulnerable amongst us."

The Sheffield Hallam MP concluded his remarks by asking his constituents, all political parties and everyone in the country to join him in "prioritising these principles".

He added: "I promise that I will do my utmost to help all those in need of help within my constituency and to champion the cause of equality.

"When I return to Parliament in September I shall do so with renewed vigour and an unwavering commitment to social justice and look forward to being the best MP that I can possibly be."

House of Commons speaker John Bercow congratulated Mr O'Mara for his 'commendably succinct' and wished him well.[/i]

]

Incoherent ramblings of an idiot

He's gone up one step in my estimation. Time will tell .

What, for finally getting round to doing something he should have done months ago? :rolleyes:

Explanation accepted, but on the Brexit debate I suspect even history won't be able to say what we should have done because 'the facts' wil be disputed into eternity!

I agree. And thanks from me too for the clarification Eccy Beach, it's too easy to get mixed messages!

Speaker of the House didn't think so. Is he an idiot for commending the 'incoherent ramblings of an idiot'?

Edited by Eccy Beach

Stop tiptoeing man, say what you mean. :hihi:

Guest makapaka

No it wasn’t.

What, for finally getting round to doing something he should have done months ago? :rolleyes:

One step. One small step! I still don't like him. I didn't vote for him, but I'll give him a chance to redeem himself. Whether he does time alone will tell.

Guest makapaka
One step. One small step! I still don't like him. I didn't vote for him, but I'll give him a chance to redeem himself. Whether he does time alone will tell.

Ditto.

The irony of people posting insulting messages on an internet forum in opposition to an MP who posted insulting messages on an internet forum is also not lost on me.

That isn't aimed at you by the way.

Hold on just a minute. I may incoherently ramble from time to time, but I’m not an idiot.

I think congratulating him for doing something he should have done, as a minimum for the wage he's getting, a long long time ago is a bit much.

If you'd employed someone to decorate your house, they'd done nothing for six months, then finally opened a paint can, you'd still be pretty angry.

Regardless of his diatribes, he's been a useless MP, while trousering the cash. I;ve got no time for that, whatsoever.