Jared Omara MP ..

nikki-red

We understand that this is an emotive subject, and discussing the facts is totally fine.
Posting insults is not.
Jared is local to us, and could well be a member of the forum, we dont allow name calling and insults on other threads and they arent acceptable on this one either.

Message added by nikki-red

I thought he’d recently resigned from the party

Yes , resigned but inquiry still ongoing as far as I know

Well you can't just drop the inquiry immediately, you've gotta give it enough time for the issue to be fully out of the public mind before quietly shuffling it under the rug.

Just been on the Sunday Politics, a little article about Jared Omara MP. Seems the status quo is ongoing, suspended from the Labour Party with no one in any way bothered to bring the situation to a head by the look of things. The two MP's on the show used the stock answer to any question about Omara, it would be wrong for us to comment as Omara is not here to defend himself. But it was stated Omara has helped 3000 of his constituents while been suspended.

Angel1.

Just been on the Sunday Politics, a little article about Jared Omara MP. Seems the status quo is ongoing, suspended from the Labour Party with no one in any way bothered to bring the situation to a head by the look of things. The two MP's on the show used the stock answer to any question about Omara, it would be wrong for us to comment as Omara is not here to defend himself. But it was stated Omara has helped 3000 of his constituents while been suspended.

Angel1.

Saw that. Wish something could be done to oust this noxious waste of space and get us a proper MP!

Maybe Parliament needs to resurrect the 'Recall of MP' scheme proposal, under which a defined % of a constituency's electorate could demand a by-election.

Can't believe this clown hasn't been kicked to the curb yet. What an embarrassment for all concerned.

As a Hallam resident I can’t ever recall any level of contact from my MP, other than for flyers when they have wanted my vote. Laura Gordon has a blank canvas constituency wise, however she would be well advised to cease her beating of the EU remain drum, or has she missed the referendum result?

Corbyn needs to sort out the Omara fiasco, he celebrated the winning of Hallam, but since the withdrawal of the Labour whip his silence has been deafening. As Jeffrey Shaw reminds us, there is always a parliamentary precedent that can be resurrected in such circumstances.

Angel1.

I do not believe this figure for one second.

I don't think you are alone either, 3000 seems an awful lot.

Angel1

As a Hallam resident I can’t ever recall any level of contact from my MP, other than for flyers when they have wanted my vote. Laura Gordon has a blank canvas constituency wise, however she would be well advised to cease her beating of the EU remain drum, or has she missed the referendum result?

Corbyn needs to sort out the Omara fiasco, he celebrated the winning of Hallam, but since the withdrawal of the Labour whip his silence has been deafening. As Jeffrey Shaw reminds us, there is always a parliamentary precedent that can be resurrected in such circumstances.

*- my bold

Not in the Hallam constuency or have some missed the 48% who voted to remain.

Do they deserve any representation in the debate? I think they do.

It's total nonsense.

It will be 3000 e-mails they've received from residents, all probably given an automatic reply

*- my bold

Not in the Hallam constuency or have some missed the 48% who voted to remain.

Do they deserve any representation in the debate? I think they do.

No, a result is a result, the remainers lost, we are leaving.