Jared Omara MP ..

nikki-red

We understand that this is an emotive subject, and discussing the facts is totally fine.
Posting insults is not.
Jared is local to us, and could well be a member of the forum, we dont allow name calling and insults on other threads and they arent acceptable on this one either.

Message added by nikki-red

"So would Jared stand in Hallam again?"

Why on earth ask that, there is no chance in this world or the next he will be selected for the seat again. If he does stand it certainly wouldnt be for Labour.

Given the way people vote like sheep in Sheffield, I could see him standing again for Labour, and getting in.....

Look at the council elections - they only lost 4 seats there, and their reputation in the city couldn't be worse.

Well done The Star :gag: for in depth journalistic questioning of Omara :hihi: The journalist that allowed Omara to self publicise himself will surely soon be up there with the likes of Jeremy Paxman :) . All this interview does , is raise more questions than answers

Given the way people vote like sheep in Sheffield, I could see him standing again for Labour, and getting in.....

Look at the council elections - they only lost 4 seats there, and their reputation in the city couldn't be worse.

Indeed. Thankfully my seat was one of those they lost.

I think all 4 of the seats labour lost in Sheffield were in the Jareds Hallam constituency. Im pretty sure Crookes went Lib Dem and Broomhill went Green.

Guest makapaka

It’s laughable how you discount the entire representative vote for labour in the city as sheep-like.

“They only lost 4 seats there and their reputation in the city couldn’t be worse” - do you not see the irony in that statement?

Not in Hallam, I think this was a one off myself

I think all 4 of the seats labour lost in Sheffield were in the Jareds Hallam constituency. Im pretty sure Crookes went Lib Dem and Broomhill went Green.

The only Hallam seat Labour lost was Crookes & Crosspool.

West Ecclesfield in Penistone & Stocksbridge; City and Broomhill in Central constituency.

Labour also won East Ecclesfield.

Edited by max
Wrong constituency

Jared now suspended for 6 months from Labour - the suspension was on October 25th. The outcome now dragged out until after the election with other internal enquiries occupying their time as well.

It does seem to be taking a very long time :confused: Eight months and counting

It does seem to be taking a very long time :confused: Eight months and counting

Maybe Labour should treat Jared in the same way that the Tories treated the foul mouthed Anne Marie Morris. In her case, she had the whip suspended for using vile racist language, then it was given back very quietly, with no other sanction. Just before a crucial Brexit vote.

Mind you, Corbyn isn’t trying to govern with a vanishingly small majority, so maybe Labour can afford to do things properly.

Edited by Rhyno

Maybe Labour should treat Jared in the same way that the Tories treated the foul mouthed Anne Marie Morris. In her case, she had the whip suspended for using vile racist language, then it was given back very quietly, with no other sanction. Just before a crucial Brexit vote.

Mind you, Corbyn isn’t trying to govern with a vanishingly small majority, so maybe Labour can afford to do things properly.

...or just sit on their hands like they did with Ken Livingstone and hope the problem goes away

...or just sit on their hands like they did with Ken Livingstone and hope the problem goes away

I thought the Livingstone thing was still ongoing

I thought the Livingstone thing was still ongoing

I thought he’d recently resigned from the party