Jared Omara MP ..

nikki-red

We understand that this is an emotive subject, and discussing the facts is totally fine.
Posting insults is not.
Jared is local to us, and could well be a member of the forum, we dont allow name calling and insults on other threads and they arent acceptable on this one either.

Message added by nikki-red

No I don’t - she can do what she likes other than masquerade as a de-facto MP when she has no mandate to do so.

Well your beloved Omara is the Mp and he is doing nothing .

Strong. Good work.

yeah, well, it sounded better in my head :)

Guest makapaka
Well your beloved Omara is the Mp and he is doing nothing .

I don’t have much of an opinion on Jared Omara - I didn’t vote for him.

You’ve assumed because I don’t agree with the Lib Dem prospective candidate that I love Jared Omara which is incorrect.

I don’t have much of an opinion on Jared Omara - I didn’t vote for him.

You’ve assumed because I don’t agree with the Lib Dem prospective candidate that I love Jared Omara which is incorrect.

You don't have an opinion on Omara :suspect: an Mp who is doing nothing for his constituents but you do have an opinion on the Lib Dem candidate :huh:

Now there’s a money-saving idea!

Since the country carries on well enough when our MPs are enjoying their six-week summer break, why the hell don’t we sack all 650 MPs right now?

It’ll save the taxpayer millions :)

Good point.

Tbh, I have no particular axe to grind with Omara, but he's either a functioning MP or he isn't.

People depend on their MPs for a lot of help - not just the constituency office. And the longer this issue drags on, the more comments will be made about it imo.

Your obviously not reading the same 2 sheets, 3 sides, of bumpf as me.

My stuff is as follows:-

4 - critisms of 'Teresa May's Torys'

1 - critism of 'Jeremy Corbyn's Labour Party'

4 - moans about how bad things are.

Loads of stuff about her. Her address. Her husband. Her hobbies. Her C.V. Her fight against poverty and suffering. Her passion to fight inequality. How she wants to remain in Europe.

AND just 1 solid asperation described as her wish 'as our next MP'. Not described as Lib Dem policy'. Which is:-

That the public, not politicians, should have the final say on any Brexit deal - including the option to remain in Europe.

I don't agree with all this personality politics.

The bold bits are fluffy I admit but it is about framing beliefs. Like it or not we elect individuals to parliament and people like to know about their personality as well as their concrete policies. It could be years before there is another election in Hallam so she's got time enough time to introduce herself properly before they start hitting you with the hard stuff.

Jared's constituency office is open and fully functional undertaking all the tasks which you would expect.

Other than turn up at Westminster and pretend to be an MP I'm not sure what you expect the local party to do.

Open and fully functional but without the elected MP , who is where?

Guest makapaka
You don't have an opinion on Omara :suspect: an Mp who is doing nothing for his constituents but you do have an opinion on the Lib Dem candidate :huh:

Yes because they are two different things.

Do I agree with an mp not working for their constituents - no.

Do I agree with unelected people acting as pretend mp’s - no.

The bold bits are fluffy I admit but it is about framing beliefs. Like it or not we elect individuals to parliament and people like to know about their personality as well as their concrete policies. It could be years before there is another election in Hallam so she's got time enough time to introduce herself properly before they start hitting you with the hard stuff.

Fluffy in the extreme.

Okay she's against Brexit, as I am.

But all the rest can be spouted by anyone - from any political party.

Its what politicians do best - therefore at the moment she's just another talking head who have allowed the likes of Trump and Farage to gain ground.

'Must do better'

Guest makapaka
Open and fully functional but without the elected MP , who is where?

He’s been hounded out by the public and has gone into hiding probably wishing he’d never gone into politics.

He’s been hounded out by the public and has gone into hiding probably wishing he’d never gone into politics.

His decision to hide is between him and his conscience but the public also wish he had never gone into politics.

Why do you think he has gone into hiding?

He’s been hounded out by the public

Come on now. Were you chuckling as you typed that?