Jared Omara MP ..

nikki-red

We understand that this is an emotive subject, and discussing the facts is totally fine.
Posting insults is not.
Jared is local to us, and could well be a member of the forum, we dont allow name calling and insults on other threads and they arent acceptable on this one either.

Message added by nikki-red

Continuing to endear himself to his electorate then given he will be getting full pay for now officially doing sod all.

I thought you were all sympathetic about people being affected by illness.

You’ve no idea what is wrong with him. The quoted comment and your subsequent ones are crass and a tad hypocritical.

You’ve no idea what is wrong with him. The quoted comment and your subsequent ones are crass and a tad hypocritical.

Possibly. I will still sleep tonight, though.

I am very sympathetic about people being affected by illness.

He's not done the job in his first six months, he's not showing any signs of starting doing it, so he needs to stand aside for somebody who can start doing the job. Expect a resignation in January when he'll become entitled for more money.

Edited by ENG601PM

I dont think a doctor signs people off for bone idleness.

Although apparently they will sign someone off due to their failing political career??

Just watch, he'll come back after the Xmas break.

Bold as brass like nothing was ever wrong.

Guest makapaka
Although apparently they will sign someone off due to their failing political career??

Just watch, he'll come back after the Xmas break.

Bold as brass like nothing was ever wrong.

I don't think they sign people off for failing political careers either.

I met Jared before he entered the world of politics and actually went on a date with him. And I was really surprised when all this came out. The guy I met was pretty meek and quiet. He certainly didn't behave in a way that made me feel uncomfortable.

I was thinking about the situation this morning and it struck me that I would never feel comfortable becoming a Councillor because every single mistake, inappropriate/ drunken comment I'd ever made, daft immature moment... they'd all come back to haunt you. My friends and I are all hard working, honest, forward thinking people and not one of us would dare to be in the public eye because we've all made mistakes at some point in our lives.

It must be so disheartening to try to make a positive difference in your present life, only to be publicly obliterated for lessons you've learnt from in your past.

If you haven't learnt from them... that's a different matter.

But I do wish we were more tolerant of the fact we are all human and we all have skeletons in our closet. What matters is who we are now/ who we want to become.

I met Jared before he entered the world of politics and actually went on a date with him. And I was really surprised when all this came out. The guy I met was pretty meek and quiet. He certainly didn't behave in a way that made me feel uncomfortable.

I was thinking about the situation this morning and it struck me that I would never feel comfortable becoming a Councillor because every single mistake, inappropriate/ drunken comment I'd ever made, daft immature moment... they'd all come back to haunt you. My friends and I are all hard working, honest, forward thinking people and not one of us would dare to be in the public eye because we've all made mistakes at some point in our lives.

It must be so disheartening to try to make a positive difference in your present life, only to be publicly obliterated for lessons you've learnt from in your past.

If you haven't learnt from them... that's a different matter.

But I do wish we were more tolerant of the fact we are all human and we all have skeletons in our closet. What matters is who we are now/ who we want to become.

We all have done things...but very few of us have made a selection of homphobic/sexist comments and put them out into the world I imagine. And if we had, we wouldn't expect to become an elected public official.

That's probably the long and short of it- he might well be an OK person, I don't know, but those past comments make him unsuitable to represent people. In much the same manner as having a criminal record prevents yu from working in an airport for example. You may be reformed, regret your past, but certain doors do close as a result of past behaviour, like it or not.

Is anyone suitable to represent the people then? Is there anyone out there who can honestly say they've never made a silly comment that could be classed as sexist? Lads on stags... women eyeing up men on a girls night out and making comments between themselves... any of us who have shown pictures of people on online dating apps and making a fleeting comment...

We have all done it at some point. Think its more about luck as to whether you get called out or not.

I don't think they sign people off for failing political careers either.

Guess we'll find out eh?

Is anyone suitable to represent the people then? Is there anyone out there who can honestly say they've never made a silly comment that could be classed as sexist? Lads on stags... women eyeing up men on a girls night out and making comments between themselves... any of us who have shown pictures of people on online dating apps and making a fleeting comment...

We have all done it at some point. Think its more about luck as to whether you get called out or not.

It's about more than luck though when you plaster it all over the internet....

Madam, we most certainly have not all done what he has!

He wasn't making an odd passing comment, he was consistent over years. I can be a bit strong on here but I've never come close to holding his views and therefore would never dream of posting them online. There's no luck about it, most people don't say or think the things we've seen from him.

You seem to be unlucky with the people that you mix with, after all you did date Jared O'Mara. :P

Have to say I was critical of his performance or lack of it in Parliament. But I did say as his illness is genuine, why did he stand for a job that he cannot seemingly do. Was his election like Barnsley perhaps, where if you put a red jumper on Dicky Birds statue and said it was a LIEbour candidate, it would get elected.

Angel1

---------- Post added 13-12-2017 at 19:12 ----------

Article on him on Look North tonight, not very convincing.

Angel1