Jared Omara MP ..

nikki-red

We understand that this is an emotive subject, and discussing the facts is totally fine.
Posting insults is not.
Jared is local to us, and could well be a member of the forum, we dont allow name calling and insults on other threads and they arent acceptable on this one either.

Message added by nikki-red

Which behaviour.?

I consider his behaviour as an MP. Deplorable and unaceptable.

It's a pity theres no procedure to remove him from office.

He has completely neglected and misused his position.

He is taking his wages be deception.

Whilst I don't disagree with the consensus... based on these points you give, I don't think it could be proved as 'deception'.

---------- Post added 12-12-2017 at 19:38 ----------

will post more as it will link and easier than editing! :hihi:

Which behaviour.?

1. I consider his behaviour as an MP. Deplorable and unaceptable.

2. It's a pity theres no procedure to remove him from office.

3. He has completely neglected

4.and misused his position.

He is taking his wages be deception.

1. Is subjective (even though probably most agree)

2. Is subjective (even though probably most agree). We should definitely have a talk in the commons about social media comments, and whether if something gets 100,000 social media dislikes, then they should be sacked! :hihi:

3. An argument could easily be put, and has, that others don't contribute much either

4. Misused, again is quite ambiguous, and probably couldn't be proved to be deception

I think that he could argue (if he wanted) that he isn't taking wages by deception - regardless of what people think.

Whilst I don't disagree with the consensus... based on these points you give, I don't think it could be proved as 'deception'.

---------- Post added 12-12-2017 at 19:38 ----------

will post more as it will link and easier than editing! :hihi:

1. Is subjective (even though probably most agree)

2. Is subjective (even though probably most agree). We should definitely have a talk in the commons about social media comments, and whether if something gets 100,000 social media dislikes, then they should be sacked! :hihi:

3. An argument could easily be put, and has, that others don't contribute much either

4. Misused, again is quite ambiguous, and probably couldn't be proved to be deception

I think that he could argue (if he wanted) that he isn't taking wages by deception - regardless of what people think.

Jared O'Mara has not attended parliament since 18th Oct. Fact

No explanations given by O'Mara for non attendance

He was voted in to represent Hallam constituents and Labour party.

He is doing neither of above, if this is not taking money by deception I don't know what is.

He declared he had done nothing dishonorable or anything that could embarrass Labour Party on his selection as canditature for Hallam. Deception.

we have all done things in the past, that we regret

Yes we should all MOVE on, shouldn't we? :roll:

:)

Perhaps the honourable (?) Mr O'Mara will be in need of a reliable removal service soon though.

Funny,

O'Mara won't move on from his £75000 wage will He?

Perhaps he might surprise us and give some to his unearned wages to charity then resign in time for Christmas.

Funny,

O'Mara won't move on from his £75000 wage will He?

Perhaps he might surprise us and give some to his unearned wages to charity then resign in time for Christmas.

Maybe he will give some of his unearned wages to a charity that deals with disabled people ( seeing that he likes to bang that drum) , but I wouldn't hold my breath

I'm not arguing with you Beauchief, btw. I just don't think he could be removed for deception.

Jared O'Mara has not attended parliament since 18th Oct. Fact

He was voted in to represent Hallam constituents and Labour party.

He is doing neither of above, if this is not taking money by deception I don't know what is.

No explanations given by O'Mara for non attendance

You've answered the point yourself here. With no explanations, it's just internet talk.

A better ploy would be to say failure of duty with no explanation, so boot him out.

He declared he had done nothing dishonorable or anything that could embarrass Labour Party on his selection as canditature for Hallam. Deception.

Perhaps not bright enough to know that what he wrote on the internet would be found by people in the future. Who knows? The whole thing is certainly bizarre, but not uncommon these days. It shows that lefty ideology can come undone when these people get any kind of power.

I write a lot on the internet, but am careful to not slag off things that may cause me problems in the future. I can't be sure though that I haven't 'liked' a post on facebook though, that at some point in the future could be liking to something deemed bad in a future time.

and while we're at it, if declaring doing nothing dishonorable or anything that could embarrass Labour Party was dismissal, I have a list of Labour MPs who should be next :):hihi:

I didn't vote for him, and am unlikely to vote for him on his record up to date.

Often a good way to learn is from mistakes. I'd recommend learning from the mistakes of others, but truly learning from your own mistakes can be very helpful.

The Labour party can remove his suspension from the party, continue it for a set period of time, or expel him from the party. The decision is theirs to make. If he decides, whatever the outcome, that Parliament isn't for him he can resign. If he wants to stay on he probably can, unless some much bigger issue comes to light.

Until the Labour Party decide his fate he's clearly opting to keep his head down in public. However, if you look at his record for asking written questions he's up with the pack. Some are specifically about Sheffield too, but most are about causes clearly close to his own interests.

He is never going to be a great orator. That doesn't matter. He's probably over awed by the somewhat stuffy House. He can make a significant contribution by asking written questions. Many of the oral interventions take up time, but have little effect so he's not missing much. Hopefully when the party situation becomes clear he can decide what further constituency work he should undertake.

In the meantime he needs to beaver away quietly on behalf of Sheffield Hallam, Sheffield and South Yorkshire. Palestine isn't something we can do much about, but at least he is trying a little.

A by-election at this time may get him personally off the hook, but any of the 3 major parties could win - if they mobilise well. Which party would apply for the writ when/if it became necessary?

Fast forward 30 years to PM O'Mara. Maybe not, but stranger things have probably happened.

You do know Nick Clegg's poor attendance record (and possibly "general uselessness") in recent years was due to him having a very ill son, yes?

A low blow if you knew this before you posted.

A valid point if correct, but wasn't Nick Clegg's son taken ill after the election?

I didn't vote for him, and am unlikely to vote for him on his record up to date.

Often a good way to learn is from mistakes. I'd recommend learning from the mistakes of others, but truly learning from your own mistakes can be very helpful.

The Labour party can remove his suspension from the party, continue it for a set period of time, or expel him from the party. The decision is theirs to make. If he decides, whatever the outcome, that Parliament isn't for him he can resign. If he wants to stay on he probably can, unless some much bigger issue comes to light.

Until the Labour Party decide his fate he's clearly opting to keep his head down in public. However, if you look at his record for asking written questions he's up with the pack. Some are specifically about Sheffield too, but most are about causes clearly close to his own interests.

He is never going to be a great orator. That doesn't matter. He's probably over awed by the somewhat stuffy House. He can make a significant contribution by asking written questions. Many of the oral interventions take up time, but have little effect so he's not missing much. Hopefully when the party situation becomes clear he can decide what further constituency work he should undertake.

In the meantime he needs to beaver away quietly on behalf of Sheffield Hallam, Sheffield and South Yorkshire. Palestine isn't something we can do much about, but at least he is trying a little.

A by-election at this time may get him personally off the hook, but any of the 3 major parties could win - if they mobilise well. Which party would apply for the writ when/if it became necessary?

Fast forward 30 years to PM O'Mara. Maybe not, but stranger things have probably happened.

"beaver away quietly " ? He is doing nothing , no surgeries ,no questions , no speech in the commons . How is that beavering away quietly ?

A valid point if correct, but wasn't Nick Clegg's son taken ill after the election?

They only revealed the diagnosis after the election by the time it was revealed his son was already in remission

---------- Post added 12-12-2017 at 23:21 ----------

Hopefully when the party situation becomes clear he can decide what further constituency work he should undertake.

Losing the party whip doesn't stop a MP doing constituency work, if I he wanted to remain an MP he would double down on this work. To my mind he's already decided to resign and is waiting for 6 months to expire since the election as after that time he is eligible for payments to help wind up his constituency organisation.