Jared Omara MP ..

nikki-red

We understand that this is an emotive subject, and discussing the facts is totally fine.
Posting insults is not.
Jared is local to us, and could well be a member of the forum, we dont allow name calling and insults on other threads and they arent acceptable on this one either.

Message added by nikki-red

We live in a world now where you cant say anything. 10 years ago tho you could say, well a bit more deffo. shouldnt this be taken into account? Guess if you're going to be a labour lefty preaching left wing politics, then if you live by that sword you should die by it like he has

We live in a world now where you cant say anything. 10 years ago tho you could say, well a bit more deffo. shouldnt this be taken into account?

In 21st century Britain its all about tripping over yourself in pursuit of the ultimate status symbol - victimhood! It's why most liberals get out of bed in the morning. There are victims to protect and new "isms" to be found.

Don't get me wrong they're lovely people with good hearts, but their approach to solving many of our social problems actually makes things worse.

At this rate we're going to end up more like America and less like Scandinavia.

It suggests there is little or no background checks taken out by Labour on new candidates beyond the word of the candidate themselves.

(1) No way of thoroughly checking all the potential candidates in the time scale

This is a cop out. He's been standing as a Labour council candidate in Sheffield regularly since 2004 (the same time he was making these awful comments).

He's not just some guy that came out of nowhere - they've known about him for years.

This is a cop out. He's been standing as a Labour council candidate in Sheffield regularly since 2004 (the same time he was making these awful comments).

He's not just some guy that came out of nowhere - they've known about him for years.

Based on my personal experience of the Council from my day in the chamber, I would not be surprised if they haven't got around to vetting him yet in 13 years.

They are extremely partisan...or perhaps the vetting dept are on stress leave...

---------- Post added 26-10-2017 at 08:42 ----------

Cars at inappropriate speeds on a road with blind bends and dips, with a popular footpath crossing it, and used by kids to and from school, is the problem with Hangingwater Rd.

Ring road?

Correct. It is a local issue of importance to hundreds of local people.

Clegg and many others actively supported this campaign and tried their best to persuade the Council to implement a safe route to school, after a little girl was seriously injured.

Where is Jared's support?

Does he even know about this issue?

Why can't he have a word in Julie Dore's ear and help his constituents?

The hangingwater road issue with speeding traffic has been made worse, if not the sole cause, by the removal of trees. When the trees were in place they created a natural obstacle which slowed traffic down and calmed the traffic along the entire stretch..... Pity the councillors didn't listen to the locals

I feel sorry for the constants of Hallam who seem to have no real parliamentary representation.

Let’s hope the Labour Party acts quick and gets rid of this bigoted homophobic lout

They still have their MP he as been suspended from the Labour Party not Parliament. He is now classified as a independent

The hangingwater road issue with speeding traffic has been made worse, if not the sole cause, by the removal of trees. When the trees were in place they created a natural obstacle which slowed traffic down and calmed the traffic along the entire stretch..... Pity the councillors didn't listen to the locals

Rubbish. The sole cause of the speeding traffic are the motorists behind the wheel.

Does the presence or otherwise of a tree indicate how fast to drive?

It is looking more likely that Jared is a deeply flawed person and that he is not ready to be a MP, but some acknowledgement of how hard it must have been for him to succeed with the severe condition he has would be welcome, though again, he doesn't seem to have used his time in parliament to aid those causes/issues,more like global issues like Palestine.

It is looking more likely that Jared is a deeply flawed person and that he is not ready to be a MP, but some acknowledgement of how hard it must have been for him to succeed with the severe condition he has would be welcome, though again, he doesn't seem to have used his time in parliament to aid those causes/issues,more like global issues like Palestine.

On the contrary- it is refreshing that virtually nothing has been made of his disability (i.e. he is being treated totally equally and focus is on his behaviour, regardless of any other issues).

Surely that's were we need to be as a society- judging someone on their actions rather than any form of disability?

On the contrary- it is refreshing that virtually nothing has been made of his disability (i.e. he is being treated totally equally and focus is on his behaviour, regardless of any other issues).

Surely that's were we need to be as a society- judging someone on their actions rather than any form of disability?

I agree.

What I object to, is what I perceive as a lack of commitment or ability to take the role seriously...based on observation of what has happened since the summer.

I fear he might be viewing this as a 30 second selfie moment, before shifting attention to something else less boring and as a member of pre-mobile, pre-Internet Generation X, I really dislike that attitude.

When thousands of people here elected him, he signed up for the duration, and I feel he is letting them down.

I agree.

What I object to, is what I perceive as a lack of commitment or ability to take the role seriously...based on observation of what has happened since the summer.

I fear he might be viewing this as a 30 second selfie moment, before shifting attention to something else less boring and as a member of pre-mobile, pre-Internet Generation X, I really dislike that attitude.

When thousands of people here elected him, he signed up for the duration, and I feel he is letting them down.

Yep.

Taking aside his behaviour- he seems absolutely useless as an MP, which is another matter altogether!

He has to go really- there's no benefit whatsoever in keeping him.