Jared Omara MP ..

nikki-red

We understand that this is an emotive subject, and discussing the facts is totally fine.
Posting insults is not.
Jared is local to us, and could well be a member of the forum, we dont allow name calling and insults on other threads and they arent acceptable on this one either.

Message added by nikki-red

I admit I have never heard of Omara until this incident. So his past is a complete mystery to me.

But looking at him, he has that kind of a smug fizzog I would like to slap across his chops with a wet haddock.:loopy:

Any one think the same, or is it just me and the haddock.:huh:

Angel1

I admit I have never heard of Omara until this incident. So his past is a complete mystery to me.

But looking at him, he has that kind of a smug fizzog I would like to slap across his chops with a wet haddock.:loopy:

Angel1

leave the poor ginger alone :(

Angel1

Need to be careful what you say, wasn't he the bloke who got one of his West Street Live doormen to chin a woman who complained?

This is why I am sick of politicians of all tribes...

They all look miles into the distance but never two feet in front of them.

Why sort out the boring local issues people care about?...when I can grandstand down in London on pointless issues in the Middle East, nobody gives a fig about

Clegg was the same...banging on about

This guy seems to want to bring about peace in the Middle East by Christmas...rather than improving the quality of life for local people by doing useful things.

How about getting the Council to spend some of their reserve on a crossing for Hangingwater Rd hey Jared?...to repay some of the people who got you elected

Clegg was deputy PM for a while, that is kinda what the role entails... however he was a great pm, I twice emailed him, and he got the relevant government minister to reply both times, once adding his opinion to the response too and the other time the relevant minister published a government white paper on the topic for guidance. To me that was real help, that most mps dont do. Im not sure which minister would be responsible for sorting hangingwater road, I presume its a council issue but I also have no idea what is wrong with the road. If its the surface, then every road in Sheffield is being resurfaced, if its the traffic then you do realise it is basically part of the ring road and that isn't going to change

Clegg was deputy PM for a while, that is kinda what the role entails... however he was a great pm, I twice emailed him, and he got the relevant government minister to reply both times, once adding his opinion to the response too and the other time the relevant minister published a government white paper on the topic for guidance. To me that was real help, that most mps dont do. Im not sure which minister would be responsible for sorting hangingwater road, I presume its a council issue but I also have no idea what is wrong with the road. If its the surface, then every road in Sheffield is being resurfaced, if its the traffic then you do realise it is basically part of the ring road and that isn't going to change

Cars at inappropriate speeds on a road with blind bends and dips, with a popular footpath crossing it, and used by kids to and from school, is the problem with Hangingwater Rd.

Ring road?

if we manage to overturn the results of the Hallam election because we don’t like the result, can we apply the same logic to the Brexit referendum result?

This just got a little more interesting .

Donald Tusk thinks that way.

if we manage to overturn the results of the Hallam election because we don’t like the result, can we apply the same logic to the Brexit referendum result?

No because you cant overturn the results of an election. All that can be done is if the Labour party suspends him and he then resigns (hopefully) then a by-election will take place.

Guest sibon
No because you cant overturn the results of an election. All that can be done is if the Labour party suspends him and he then resigns (hopefully) then a by-election will take place.

That’s not true. The voters of Sheffield Hallam have the power to recall him.

I’d expect them to do just that

That’s not true. The voters of Sheffield Hallam have the power to recall him.

I’d expect them to do just that

A recall petition can only be triggered by a custodial prison sentence, suspension from the House ordered by the Committee on Standards, or providing false or misleading expenses claims.

Guest sibon
A recall petition can only be triggered by a custodial prison sentence, suspension from the House ordered by the Committee on Standards, or providing false or misleading expenses claims.

My mistake. I thought there was a serious misdemeanour clause in there.

I wonder what his chances are of being suspended from the house.

Im not upset by it , more upset by the hypocrisy of some people

The hypocrisy of which people? No one had mentioned it until you started the thread. Maybe that's you being a hypocrite as it is the sort of stuff that you'd usually defend:rolleyes:

No, Hackey. You started this thread as a hypocritical thread based on faux outrage. None of the things that Jared said back in the dark ages are things that offend you. Indeed, you've said a few similar things yourself over the years. You are just digging dirt.

I'm pretty sure that there are many people who are genuinely outraged by his comments. You're not one of them though, you are just a stirrer.

Correctamundo :)