Jared Omara MP ..

nikki-red

We understand that this is an emotive subject, and discussing the facts is totally fine.
Posting insults is not.
Jared is local to us, and could well be a member of the forum, we dont allow name calling and insults on other threads and they arent acceptable on this one either.

Message added by nikki-red

I won't comment on Jared particularly as I know him well, so won't make any comment on his specific case.

Poor guy I genuinely feel sorry for him, but this is sadly what has become of British society in the 21st century. There will be no shortage of victimhood groups waiting to beat him into a pulp.

Reminds me of [

] from the movie Airplane!

He should be sacked from Labour, resign and force a by-election.

What dose surprise me though is that the normal Labour luvvie Max has not been on here to defend him as he is normally quick at doing that.

We've all said stupid things in the past: but how many of have made hugely sexist/homophobic comments? I'd suggest very very few of us.

Of course, if the behaviour turns out to have been repeated recently, and to have been, say, widely talked about in certain communities, then there's even more of a problem.

Id suggest plenty have, especially after a few jars. I have the pleasure of being surrounded by pissheads for a part of my job and the nicest people sober say some horrible things after a skinful. Or if theyre angry or just mean.

But as Andy rightly points out, 20 years ago it was just said rahter than carved in tablets of stone for enterinty. I hope schools/parents are telling kids what they write on social media can last nad have consiquences way into the future.

Poor guy I genuinely feel sorry for him, but this is sadly what has become of British society in the 21st century. There will be no shortage of victimhood groups waiting to beat him into a pulp.

Reminds me of [

You feel sorry for him because he knows me? Me too!! :hihi:

Reminds me of [

Are you for real? His comments have been made over a long period of time and there are plenty of stories from well BEFORE he was an MP about his general demeanour and levels of verbal and physical abuse mainly targeted at women. Sorry, but no, the excuse of 'well I was younger then' doesn't wash unless he was a toddler.

He should have the party whip revoked ASAP.

---------- Post added 24-10-2017 at 14:39 ----------

Id suggest plenty have, especially after a few jars. I have the pleasure of being surrounded by pissheads for a part of my job and the nicest people sober say some horrible things after a skinful. Or if theyre angry or just mean.

But as Andy rightly points out, 20 years ago it was just said rahter than carved in tablets of stone for enterinty. I hope schools/parents are telling kids what they write on social media can last nad have consiquences way into the future.

And writing a song about beating up women.

And verbally abusing female customers in his pub.

And verbally abusing gay customers.

And making extremely homophobic comments online.

Nope sorry, you don't get a free pass just because in the past it wouldn't have been recorded anywhere. I'm pleased stuff like this is online so that the racists, homophobes and misogynists who have managed to hide their real feelings so excellently through a managed PR and social media presence can get outed.

There's a big Momentum meeting tomorrow where they are going to decide whether to force him to resign.

A good place for women's and LGBT rights groups to protest outside?

Wednesday October 25, 7-9pm, Central United Reformed Church, Norfolk Street

Are you for real?

Of course I'm for real.

As a gay man do you honestly think I want Jared's livelihood destroyed because of some lame remarks he made about gays?

Surely it is not a matter for Momentum but for his constituency party?

That's not how the Labour party functions these days. Momentum call all the shots.

Also the Hallam branch of the Labour party isn't very well established, as this is the first time they've ever won the seat.

Jared's livelihood destroyed

To be fair he had a job before begin an MP and will have ones after, no-one should worry about an MP loosing their job, it's part of the political game.

Are you for real? His comments have been made over a long period of time and there are plenty of stories from well BEFORE he was an MP about his general demeanour and levels of verbal and physical abuse mainly targeted at women. Sorry, but no, the excuse of 'well I was younger then' doesn't wash unless he was a toddler.

He should have the party whip revoked ASAP.

---------- Post added 24-10-2017 at 14:39 ----------

And writing a song about beating up women.

And verbally abusing female customers in his pub.

And verbally abusing gay customers.

And making extremely homophobic comments online.

Nope sorry, you don't get a free pass just because in the past it wouldn't have been recorded anywhere. I'm pleased stuff like this is online so that the racists, homophobes and misogynists who have managed to hide their real feelings so excellently through a managed PR and social media presence can get outed.

In fairness, the middle two dont seem particularly well hidden if done in a busy (or indeed quiet) bar so again it brings up the lack of vetting by the labour party.