Parking near Colliegate cres?

Probably the Halfway one is the best suggestion so far but it would be a long drive followed by a long tram ride.

Probably the Halfway one is the best suggestion so far but it would be a long drive followed by a long tram ride.

Followed by a half an hour walk from the tram stop at the station over to Collegiate.

It's just too long - probably a 4-hour round trip. That's why driving straight to Sharrow is much more sensible.

I live off ecclesall road and rent out my drive to people going to collegiate crescent. How much would you be looking to pay for a long term rental?

Followed by a half an hour walk from the tram stop at the station over to Collegiate.

It's just too long - probably a 4-hour round trip. That's why driving straight to Sharrow is much more sensible.

Why not get off tram near Glossop road/Upper Hanover St junction, walk along Glossop Road, onto Clarkhouse Road, walk along and than left onto Park Lane and Collegiate Cresent is at crossroads (after 2 streets on left; Antrim Avenue and Park Cresent). Simples and nowhere near a half hour walk.

Be interested to know where to park in Sharrow after all the hassle of getting there. Last time I tried parking there it was chocker and I went home (round trip of over an hour from Handsworth).

I live off ecclesall road and rent out my drive to people going to collegiate crescent. How much would you be looking to pay for a long term rental?

:thumbsup: brilliant - there's an option!

I also live just off Colliegate Crescent and have a driveway that i don't use. I am intrigued, how much do you charge? Maybe it is something i should consider....

Just finished a degree at Hallam, I was only driving in from Woodseats so different scenario. I parked on Psalter Lane near the stag pub or on the residential roads around there and walked down Frog Walk for 3 years and never had to pay a penny for parking. Frog walk is a bit dark and dingy but there's a steady stream of people using it if you're working 9-5.

In general the only free parking you'll get if you're arriving after 7ish will be the 4 hour free no return places in Broomhall, having to move your car every 4 hours is a pain!

The walk from the top of Frog Walk to Uni won't add any time to your journey as driving down Ecclesall road from either directions takes about the same time during rush hour.

For the drive home perhaps look at following Psalter Lane onto Eccy road South, turn left onto Bannerdale, straight over onto Archer road and then through the Fraser Estate to join the slog home via A61 and M1.

Did hear of students renting local's drives but not sure of the going rate. Doing what I did would save you cash, keep you fit and not really add any time to your journey.

Hope you enjoy the new job, I found it to be a good place to study.

Move closer to work or take a job closer to home.

Never ever walk down frog walk alone. I've lost count of the number of attacks and rapes down there over the years. We old locals get to hear about most of them, and students usually don't know about them, for reasons we don't understand. They don't have the networks we have I suppose. We get a fresh batch of students every year don't forget, and plausibly a fresh batch of perpetrators. The Ecclesall Road end of Frog walk is also a very dodgy area in the dark or lonely times of day even. There are a lot of layabouts who congregate and drink alcohol all day long down there.

Edited by Jeddo

Don't worry, I work at Collegiate Crescent at the uni (have done for 10 years) I drive in everyday and have always found a space (and I get here for 9.30!). Options are pay for on street parking (50p an hour and move it after 4 hours), find a free 4 hour space (broomhall place/William street and surrounding roads) or if you're super lucky you'll get an all day free space (various dotted around Victoria road, broomhall road, coll crescent). Its not as bad as people think, everyone who works here is in the same boat so there's usually a mass exodus at lunchtime to swap parking spaces. Just make sure you look at the signs for each bay as its a complete mess of residents only, 4 hour pay at meter, free for 4 hours and free all day.