Parking near Colliegate cres?

Hi, I've been offered a job at Hallam Uni and am trying to work out transport options.

I live about an hour away (in Notts, so travelling in from the east of the city). Train would be expensive.

I understand parking is hard to find nearby. I've found some driveway parking for about £100 a month. Also Milton St car park, which I think at £4 a day would be a bit cheaper but not sure how quickly that fills up? I'm happy to park within a 10-15 min walk if there's anywhere else?

Did consider nunnery square park and ride, but by the time I've paid the park and ride and then a bus from the city centre I'd be looking at £7-£8 a day.

Other option is park at Woodhouse and get the train in but I think price would work out about the same as the park and ride though might save a bit of driving time/petrol but I guess having to ensure I make the train both ends of the day would be a bit stressful.

Thanks.

A lot of hospital staff park round there so you will be struggling to find a space. The train is quick from Woodhouse but the walk down to the station is further than you think so you may find yourself rushing in the morning. I just managed to get to work for 9 at the Hallamshire when I caught the train.

Is there anywhere round Sharrow where you could park and then maybe walk the rest of the way heading towards Brocco Bank?

I don't know sheffield at all but will investigate Sharrow area parking, thanks.

Yes, if I miss a train at Woodhouse it's 30 mins for the next and then I'd be late.

Hi Binka

When visiting that location or anywhere nearby, I park around Sharrow View, Thornsett Road or Agden Road. Walk to the island at the top of Sharrow Lane and then down Frog Walk an old footpath at the side of the Victorian gas lamp.

At the bottom you go over the bridge over the River Porter turn right to the cemetery gates, then down Cemetery Avenue to Ecclesall Road where you cross straight over and up to the University.

---------- Post added 22-10-2017 at 20:38 ----------

Apologies, didn't say how long to walk. 20 mins at the most, could be quicker depending on your state of health

Frog walk can be a little isolated to walk alone, especially with the evenings drawing in

Another thought and that is do be observant around where I said for parking restrictions, though none I am sure on the roads I mentioned

Thanks for the road recommendations, if I was to get there at 8:30am is there likely to be space? Someone said any on street spaces are gone by 7am!

Guest sibon

Buy a folding bike.

Park in Carterknowle or Greystones or Nether Edge and cycle the last mile or so.

Biking a bit is a good idea, thanks.

Or you could use a Park and Ride tram ticket from Nunnery Square.

£18 a week, £60.50 a month.

Get off the tram at the University of Sheffield stop and a 15 minute walk towards the HallamShire Hospital along Glossop Road then down Clarkhouse Road and onto Park Lane.

Does the university offer some sort of car park scheme? The other does if you live a reasonable distance away.

Hi, I've been offered a job at Hallam Uni and am trying to work out transport options.

I live about an hour away (in Notts, so travelling in from the east of the city). Train would be expensive.

I understand parking is hard to find nearby. I've found some driveway parking for about £100 a month. Also Milton St car park, which I think at £4 a day would be a bit cheaper but not sure how quickly that fills up? I'm happy to park within a 10-15 min walk if there's anywhere else?

Did consider nunnery square park and ride, but by the time I've paid the park and ride and then a bus from the city centre I'd be looking at £7-£8 a day.

Other option is park at Woodhouse and get the train in but I think price would work out about the same as the park and ride though might save a bit of driving time/petrol but I guess having to ensure I make the train both ends of the day would be a bit stressful.

Thanks.

That's a grim commute at the start and end of each day. When you say Notts, do you mean Nottingham, or somewhere in Nottinghamshire?