Millhouses Esporta / Virgin Active whats happening?

nothing to do with the "economic entity" at the moment its a fitness club and gym, the new leaseholders are not buying the gym business as i understand it as "Virgin gyms" are not for sale are they??? they are taking over or buying the lease at i assume a break clause? and turning it into their own business model which is not a gym, its trampoline business, wether it has a pool or not is immaterial, they may sub lease that part to someone else or allow their customers to use it the same as the bar area, TUPE will not normally apply to all although having thought about it there may be grey areas with regards the pool and bar area staff.

There will be some grey areas. As said, the building can form part of the entity. They liability for the TUPE will not lie with Virgin but with the new incumbents so Virgin Gyms won't really care.

Well I sadly got the letter too from Virgin today I am slightly upset about it because it was my local gym I could walk to it how the hell a trampoline thing is going to work there idk

Graves is good as it is!!!! I joined a while ago and I love it, the staff are brilliant, I'm having a whale of a time...I'd recommend it to anyone.

Do they have free weights there?

Graves is good as it is!!!! I joined a while ago and I love it, the staff are brilliant, I'm having a whale of a time...I'd recommend it to anyone.

I looked at graves old site about 8/9 years ago. Not impressed.

Anyone know if there are any plans/designs of the new centre on line anywhere?

We also sadly got our letter last night. I am a member of both gyms. Prefer the Broadfield one for it's equipment but visit Millhouses as it's walking distance and always fairly quiet. Also good to pop down when Im working from home for a coffee and/or healthy lunch. Will be looking for an alternative place to train now though as, like the previous posters have said, Broadfield is already like Piccadilly Circus after work so with the new influx, it will be unbearable :-(

Graves do have free weights....

Its not a surprise they are closing - Virgin gyms has always been mega expensive and money grabbing ! Good that there is lots of cheap competition around thats forced them out of business ...

Its not a surprise they are closing - Virgin gyms has always been mega expensive and money grabbing ! Good that there is lots of cheap competition around thats forced them out of business ...

Go back to the start and read the thread in full and you'll understand.

They're not closing because they are being forced, they bought Esporta so they could get all the members from there, close it and force them to move to Broadfield Road and have twice as many members in one gym.

This is why they haven't sold it to another gym.

I'm more than happy paying what I pay - I use it a lot. And I don't like cheap gyms.

Well Broadfield Rd doesn't look very close to closing, judging by how crowded it gets with all those people who haven't yet been put off by the mega expensive charges. As noted higher up the thread, the bigger problem at Virgin is the crowding, which will only get worse as people transfer.

what are you on about? closing dont think so? its not expensive when you weigh up what you get, especially as it gets a better clientèle! where else can you get a club feel for £54 pm with all those facilities ?? personally the cheap compettition doesnt attract me.......or broadfield road.............ah wait i get it.....you dont like big corporations:o there we are:roll:

Broadfield is very busy, but thankfully most of the facilities are numerous / big enough to accommodate. The fees are very reasonable for the servicesame offered, depending on how much you use them of course. Certainly no danger of broadfield closing any time soon.

Broadfield is very busy, but thankfully most of the facilities are numerous / big enough to accommodate. The fees are very reasonable for the servicesame offered, depending on how much you use them of course. Certainly no danger of broadfield closing any time soon.

Went to Broadfield for two years and loved it. Only left because it was too far from my home. Went to the one at Archer Road once when pool at Broadfield was closed during refurb and hated it. Dark and gloomy - like working out in a cross between Frankenfurter's Castle from the Rocky Horror Show and Downton Abbey!!! Can't understand all the criticism. Feel sad for the Archer Road staff - at least one of whom moved there from Broadfield - and hope that everything works out for them.