Millhouses Esporta / Virgin Active whats happening?

Amusing that some people havent a clue how TUPE works.

Amusing that some people havent a clue how TUPE works.

it sure is:hihi:

Well this could turn into a bit of a farce.

Broadfield Road get's busy as it is. With an influx of Archer Road members now, it'll be like sardines.

I can't see many being happy at that.

Well this could turn into a bit of a farce.

Broadfield Road get's busy as it is. With an influx of Archer Road members now, it'll be like sardines.

I can't see many being happy at that.

Yes that's the main thing I dislike about it ,way to busy for my liking when I looked round off peak the pool was still pretty busy.

So, question to all other fellow gym users. I want a gym which also has a pool and associated facilities. I live out towards Bradway, and I want to stay local. So what are my options?

So, question to all other fellow gym users. I want a gym which also has a pool and associated facilities. I live out towards Bradway, and I want to stay local. So what are my options?

just got my customer letter today, i like you dont want to go to broadfield with the great unwashed:hihi: i also want a pool i might consider Brampton manor chesterfield, used to go to the woodlands at dronfield but alas no pool, there is the hilton at meadowhead but the equipment is limited and the pool very small if i remember correctly.

not if they are being made redundant and the company taking over the site are doing their own different business!

Is it different? The Op said it was being taken over by another gym. The economic entity for the application of TUPE can mean the building premises - even if the company running the company is completely different.

If it was currently a gym that shut and opened up as a butchers, for instance, with different fixtures and fittings, TUPE wouldn't apply. However, where a gym shuts and another opens, then I think it could be safely argued that the business entity is broadly the same and therefore TUPE would apply.

Graves is good as it is!!!! I joined a while ago and I love it, the staff are brilliant, I'm having a whale of a time...I'd recommend it to anyone.

Is it different? The Op said it was being taken over by another gym. The economic entity for the application of TUPE can mean the building premises - even if the company running the company is completely different.

If it was currently a gym that shut and opened up as a butchers, for instance, with different fixtures and fittings, TUPE wouldn't apply. However, where a gym shuts and another opens, then I think it could be safely argued that the business entity is broadly the same and therefore TUPE would apply.

I think the words "taken over" are being taken too literally. Quite clearly, Virgin arent renewing the lease and the entity replacing it isnt a "gym", it seems to be some trampoline sytle thing. There wont be "personal trainers" etc...

I think the words "taken over" are being taken too literally. Quite clearly, Virgin arent renewing the lease and the entity replacing it isnt a "gym", it seems to be some trampoline sytle thing. There wont be "personal trainers" etc...

The key would be economic entity of the building. Eg was there a swimming pool in there and will members still be able to use the pool?

The key would be economic entity of the building. Eg was there a swimming pool in there and will members still be able to use the pool?

If its becoming a trampoline thing the pool will more than likely be going.

In any case a trampoline centre will not have "personal trainer" vacancies. Im quite sure Virgin have a team of lawyers who will have pondered these issues on behalf of us sad keyboard warrior types on here :D

nothing to do with the "economic entity" at the moment its a fitness club and gym, the new leaseholders are not buying the gym business as i understand it as "Virgin gyms" are not for sale are they??? they are taking over or buying the lease at i assume a break clause? and turning it into their own business model which is not a gym, its trampoline business, wether it has a pool or not is immaterial, they may sub lease that part to someone else or allow their customers to use it the same as the bar area, TUPE will not normally apply to all although having thought about it there may be grey areas with regards the pool and bar area staff.