Millhouses Esporta / Virgin Active whats happening?

The gym staff have all been told today they are loosing their jobs.It will open as a new gym and the new owners don't want to keep any staff on. It will close at the end of June.An email or a letter will be sent out soon.

Well it cant be a Pure Gym as thats directly behind it. Wonder who is taking it over then?

That's a shame, but the Virgin gym just down the road has far better facilities, I'm surprised it stayed open as long as it has.

interesting!! i only said to the manager a few months ago are Virgin dumping this site? as its had no investment at all since they took over, it seems i was right.

---------- Post added 17-05-2016 at 13:15 ----------

That's a shame, but the Virgin gym just down the road has far better facilities, I'm surprised it stayed open as long as it has.

yes but it doesnt feel like a club, it feels like a noisy municipal place full of noisy kids and students.

It does seem odd to have had two Virgin gyms so close to each other here and at Meersbrook.

Compared to Broadfield Road one it's not very good.

I do prefer Archer Road - I prefer the people there. But they've just let it go - no investment.

Bring back Esporta!!

Any idea what will happen to existing members, will they be transferee en masse , given the option of joining the new place?

equipment wise its not a patch on Broadfield road, but its a better experience overall. Less intimidating and far easier to get on the equipment needed

Any idea what will happen to existing members, will they be transferee en masse , given the option of joining the new place?

equipment wise its not a patch on Broadfield road, but its a better experience overall. Less intimidating and far easier to get on the equipment needed

If we do transfer, will we get a better deal, as Broadfield Road members pay less than those of us whose home club is Archer Road?

Although I don't really care - I'd never transfer to Broadfield Road - too many meat heads.

If we do transfer, will we get a better deal, as Broadfield Road members pay less than those of us whose home club is Archer Road?

Although I don't really care - I'd never transfer to Broadfield Road - too many meat heads.

i wont transfer we get a better mix at Archer road.:thumbsup: lets see who the new owners are.

its a pity Esporta are not still in existence although i did hear of another new fitness chain but remember who they were?

Agreed - I wouldn't want to go to Broadfield road, like you say too many meatheads and also every time I've been its been incredibly busy, and that will only get worse if people transfer from Archer road

hopefully we'll be able to join the new gym, but not have to commit for a full year

Well it cant be a Pure Gym as thats directly behind it. Wonder who is taking it over then?

my bet is on ENERGIE group fastest growing fitness clubs at the moment

Might Places for People buy it? They bought out Graves last year. Not sure if the facility is a little big for a Places for People venue.