Firth Park 50s and 60s

Hey up thought Steven may have been a bit younger than us . Can't remember him at Hinde house though , he was a very friendly lad as I remember but then all the people we have mentioned in this chat were very friendly and good friends. Says a lot for our parents and teachers doesn't it.

Try my DVD - colour home movie footage taken in and around Firth Park area in the 1960s. All previously unseen

Try my DVD - colour home movie footage taken in and around Firth Park area in the 1960s. All previously unseen

The home movie sounds good, how can we get a copy for our Tuesday meetings? Why don't you come along, everyone is from Hucklow or Hinde house. 1.0 until 3.0 every Tuesday at the Stubbin Centre Fairthorn Rd.

The home movie sounds good, how can we get a copy for our Tuesday meetings? Why don't you come along, everyone is from Hucklow or Hinde house. 1.0 until 3.0 every Tuesday at the Stubbin Centre Fairthorn Rd.

Hi Alan - please email me on andyhorsfield@btinternet.com and I will send you all the details

Does anyone know if the wharncliffe pub is still open . Held my 18th party there and also my engagement party .

Does anyone know if the wharncliffe pub is still open . Held my 18th party there and also my engagement party .

The last I heard it was going to become a house of multiple occupancy

Any of you guys may remember others of those times on Horninglow/ Tideswell, Frank burger , Tony Renshaw, Vin Faulkner.

First two names were Hucklow rd school guys?

Hey up flightliner give us help, what ages are they and where abouts did they live on these roads I am from Horninglow rd myself :help:

---------- Post added 20-12-2017 at 08:09 ----------

One of names sounds familiar lived at Firth Park school end of Horninglow ?

I think David Unwin lived on Calder Way. Susan Skidmore did live on Bolsover Road as I did. I still see Susan now and again. Anyone remember Tony and Melvyn Hogg, they lived on Firth Park Road opposite the bottom of Bolsover Road. Sadly Tony passed away a few years ago. Melvyn lives in Hull I believe. I'll probably remember a few more names before long.

HIya Rod, what number Bolsover Road did you live at? We lived at no 50 about half way up on the left before we left to come to Australia in 1952. I also went to Hucklow Rd, but am 4-7 years older than most of the others. Linda and Michael Manterfield lived two doors up from us. Linda lives out Penistone way, not sure about Michael.

---------- Post added 21-12-2017 at 01:20 ----------

All these people were in my year I believe,(left in 1962) we should all be 66/67yrs old. I would love to hear from you all and share some memories. Sorry to any I have forgotten, my memory is not as sharp as it was.Robert Brian, Norman Coldwell, Limbert Collins,Wilbert Collins, Robert Cook, Geoffrey Cooke, Stephen Cotterril, Christopher Dickens, Brian Dickenson, Alan Fergus, Gordon lennihan, JohnLewis, Alan Middleton, Stephen Moffat, Billy Moulds, leslie Nicholson, Brian Norris, Henry Parkin, Graham Sanderson, DavidSpencer, Alan Stone, Brian Swallow, Neil Sykes, Peter Unwin,Barbara Antcliffe, Beryl Atter, Tina Crawford, Theresa Dring, Christine Downes,Pauline France, Maureen Gladsby, Elizabeth Lill, Carol Loukes, Jean Menzies,Pauline Newton, Cathleen Parker, Josephine Proctor, Andrea Smith,Patricia Smith, Linda Smithson, Susan Stokes, Pamela Walshaw,

If you want to catch up we meet at the Stubbin Centre Fairthorn Road tuesdays at 1.00pm

Did Brian have twin sisters, Christine and Pauline? They were in my class at Hucklow Road. They'd be a bit older.

Pd, vin Faulkner lived on the corner of Downhan Rd Tideswell rd.

Frank burger lived on Horninglow one past the the corner house on Horninglow/ Tideswell rd.

Tony Renshaw was two or three more along on the same side walking towards the gennal away from longley park.

I reckon they will all be about 70 to 73 now.

Edit. Just remembered.

A big family called Wittams lived at the last house on Horninglow just before the half moon before the school on Barnsley rd.

Chris and Tony were two of them.

Also Paul Lalley who lived on Merlin way-- he seemed to do ok as he used to read the weather forecast on Yorkshire tv back in the seventies-- all same age as others.

Edited by flightliner

Yes can now put a face to some of those names flightliner thought they lived at that end and the wittams are in my memory bank as well. Can't remember Paul Lallery though.

I don’t remember all of the names, except Tony Renshaw and Michael Manterfied. Carol Birch also lived on Horninglow, I think the first house just past the Grammar school. She had a brother, Barry, who was older and I think went off to Uni from Hinde House. Paul and Brendan Lally lived in the second house from the gennel on Merlin Way, next door to Labory Convrey (spelling?). Brendan became a commander in the police force, and they both went to De La Salle. The Lallys had a dog called Francie who used to sit and howl for hours and could be heard all over the estate. The Convreys had a dog called Lobo, an enormous Alsatian. These two used to terrorise the neighbourhood cats, and sad to say killed any that they came upon.