Firth Park 50s and 60s

Hi parkydave

Yes Heather is my sister she is now living at Norton. I have another sister Hillary living at Walkley. I am now at Westfield but Firth Park is still home where all my formative memories are.

Yes Alan I was in touch with your Heather a while ago thru email but I had a major problem with my BT mail account and when it was sorted I had lost all contacts . I have just got back this minute from visiting my sister at Firth Park , I drove up Firth Park Road passed old library and duck pond and along side of park , no 20 aside footy games going off. The Methodist church is getting a new roof put on at the moment.

---------- Post added 25-10-2017 at 15:43 ----------

St christophers on Bellhouse road has not changed in the slightest . Those of us who used to go to the dances will remember everything about it . I just stood outside it for a few moments and memories just flooded back , fantastic . I had a girl friend for a while who lived up the road , wonder what happened to her , Josie .

on sicey ave

---------- Post added 19-10-2017 at 20:45 ----------

While I am on this can anyone remember Ken Wragg , Don Tinker , David Irving , Gary Hayes

I went to school with Ken Wragg, Don Tinker, and Dave Irving. I don't remember Gary Hayes.

I still See Dave Irving from time to time.

Hi lakerman if you went to school with them you will have gone with me David Gregory . Dave Irving , we called him wormy , if you happen to see him again , mention that I have enquired about him. Don Sadly passed away a good few years ago. not seen Ken for many years hope he is ok. Was it Hinde house or Hucklow you went to.

I went to school with Ken Wragg, Don Tinker, and Dave Irving. I don't remember Gary Hayes.

I still See Dave Irving from time to time.

Gary Hayes went to Owler Lane Intermediate and then Hinde House. Blonde haired kid if it's the same one.

Formark rd was on other side of Stubbin to me I lived on Horninglow rd and like I said earlier my sister still lives there . My grand parents lived on Fairthorne rd last house on corner where it meets Hatfield house lane .Used to hang around the dial a bit . I was in the life boys then boys brigade and a few lads came from that area .David and Maureen Flood come to mind

My Great Grandma lived in that house in the 50ts,my Grandma,your Auntie Lucy lived next door

Hi lakerman if you went to school with them you will have gone with me David Gregory . Dave Irving , we called him wormy , if you happen to see him again , mention that I have enquired about him. Don Sadly passed away a good few years ago. not seen Ken for many years hope he is ok. Was it Hinde house or Hucklow you went to.

Hi Dave, I remember you. I was at Hinde House and Hucklow (ROD SOCKETT). I did here that Don passed away some years ago. I don't know what happened to Ken. I'll certainly tell Wormy that you spoke about him. Take care.

Jimhardie it sounds like same Gary but could have sworn he went to Hucklow but time fuzzes some memories up. He lived on the oval next to Don tinker.

Jimhardie it sounds like same Gary but could have sworn he went to Hucklow but time fuzzes some memories up. He lived on the oval next to Don tinker.

He was in the year above me so would have started at Owler Lane in 1959 and transferred to Hinde House in 1963.

Just thinking about it again, I don't really remember him at Hinde House. He might have left school in 1963.

Edited by Jim Hardie

Hey up Jim I think add our brains together on this and we might just end up totally confused . I cant remember him at Hinde House but seem to recall him at Hucklow rd for a short period. Think he may have been a year younger than me , I was born in 1947. So on the age front we may well have got wires crossed but how you describe him it sounds like him

I think an old friend of mine, Max Cooke went to Firth Park. 1954-1960.

Hey up Jim I think add our brains together on this and we might just end up totally confused . I cant remember him at Hinde House but seem to recall him at Hucklow rd for a short period. Think he may have been a year younger than me , I was born in 1947. So on the age front we may well have got wires crossed but how you describe him it sounds like him

The age is spot on. I was born in 1949 and he was in the year above me. Was Hucklow Road his junior school? He was definitely at Owler Lane.